chershey

Equipment brands you don't get along with

Our Sponsors

For the love of Pete, Taylormade drivers and I don't mesh. I have tried and tried to get along with them because of their looks, but to no avail. I have given up on it. Oh well. I'm more than happy with my Titleist drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PING never seems to work for me. They make a lot of clubs that interest me but for whatever reason they are never the best fit, even going back to their putters in the 90s when they were THE thing to bag.

A trip to the fitter punched some holes in this one as I now have a G400 driver on order and a G30 hybrid in the bag. But I tried the irons again with multiple different shafts and they still felt hard as a rock. i200s look pretty good but they definitely didn't work for me.

• Like 2

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Starting to think cobra gear doesn't like me all that much, other than that I'm ok for the most part.

• Like 2

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Scratch irons. Been fit for 5 sets. All with different shafts and grinds. Get zero results. But there wedges are unmatched will not play another wedge as long as I can find them. Terrible they went out of business. But there irons have never worked for me. So said.

Even though they are not around in a current retail sense, I could not get down with Nike drivers. I don't remember the model, but the sound off the face of that club was like a gun shot going off at the range. Lol.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

PXG's, my wallet severely disagrees with the entire line... 😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Even though they are not around in a current retail sense, I could not get down with Nike drivers. I don't remember the model, but the sound off the face of that club was like a gun shot going off at the range. Lol.

Nike Covert? I gamed that one for a number of years. Loud and long.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Ping irons. Just don't fit my eye. Their drivers are also different sounding. Never tried Cobra or Wilson, but will be taking a look when my irons "need" to be replaced. Wasn't a fan of Mack Daddys or Vokeys from a few years ago. Didn't like the rounded bottom of the face look. MD toe is waaaay too big as well

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't test Wilson Staff irons. Great lineup (if slightly disjointed) from top to bottom. The FG Tour driver is pretty good, too. Low spinning and didn't want to hook on me at all...

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree about the irons being hard to look at, but I've hit the old eye-2 recently and the results are still there. Even at 30 years old the ball still goes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Cobra golf... Back in about 1992 there was a set of their irons that I really wanted, but never bought. To this day I've never gamed any Cobra club. They've never outperformed something else at demo days or fittings.

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I agree about the irons being hard to look at, but I've hit the old eye-2 recently and the results are still there. Even at 30 years old the ball still goes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've told myself that no matter how they look when I get fit for new irons the next couple years, I will buy based on what performs best. If that means I've got the biggest, ugliest PINGs out there then so be it.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Titleist clubs for me, I just never feel the performance is there compared to other brands. I mainly think people buy it because it's expensive, and they feel like it turns them into one of the cool kids on the block. Just my opinion though.

• Like 2

Never was a fan of Nike or Cobra clubs. Love Nike RZN Black ball though.....

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

titliest never a fan Ping is so so - Im a big a Callaway guy love their clubs and customer service

A trip to the fitter punched some holes in this one as I now have a G400 driver on order and a G30 hybrid in the bag. But I tried the irons again with multiple different shafts and they still felt hard as a rock. i200s look pretty good but they definitely didn't work for me.

I agree with you on both the G400 Driver and i200 irons. Since I suggested the irons to you previously I hit a friends i200 and they were nothing like the rave reviews I've heard. Heck actually liked the chunky G400 irons better.

It's wierd the i200 and Titleist AP3 are really a love me or hate'em iron. I don't like either one. I ll take my Ap2 or Hot Metals over both them every day.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Yeah I always want to like Ping irons but they never agree with me.

• Like 1

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

All titleist driver are horrible, 910 is the best the rest are ultra spinners.

Anything titleist actually.

Vokeys are good (not great) that's about all from titleist...

Titleist clubs work fine for me. Get fitted with the proper shafts ... brand name on the clubhead will not matter. I have hit about every brand (looking for something better) but always go back to my fitted Titleist or my fitted Scratch clubs. Maybe it is a mental block ... thinking one brand is superior to another. Or maybe just the look at address turns people off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk