TESTERS WANTED! ×

How do you select your wedges?

I'll try it out either in a hitting bay or outside and get a feel how it feels on chips, full shots and when I open up the face. If that's good, then I'll buy one at around 56* and play it for a few rounds. If all goes well, then I'll buy other lofts I need. If it's not a fit, I'll sell it and keep looking.

It's been a good way of making sure the wedges are a fit.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I'll say this, when buying wedges, avoid picking a club based only on hitting off mats! Turf/sand interaction is more important to a wedge than any other club and the bounce that works on a mat is likely to be much different than actual playing conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Yeah I bought some Ping I200s this year 5-UW and the lofts are roughly 4 degrees apart. I purchased some used Ping Glide wedges in 54 and 58 but it looks like the distance gap UW and 54 is roughly the same.

There is a 4* gap between your i200 UW and your 54* Glide.  If your yardage gaps are not correct between the two, it may be the shaft. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There is a 4* gap between your i200 UW and your 54* Glide. If your yardage gaps are not correct between the two, it may be the shaft.

Yeah you could be right great point there AWT 2.0 in the irons then CFS wedge flex in the wedges great point didn't even think of that

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Yeah you could be right great point there AWT 2.0 in the irons then CFS wedge flex in the wedges great point didn't even think of that

Just looked at looks like the CFS wedge flex is right because they are Glide wedges if I went Glide 2.0 then it would be AWT but has same ratings hmmm not sure wish there was a demo day man when I lived in Hawaii there was a demo day every week

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

This is going to sound horrible, but my last set of Vokeys I've been gaming, I just ordered them. Looking back at it I was delusional but, luckily, I love them.

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

I find a look that I like and am comfortable with, then I check how it feels. If a wedge passes those tests then I will check the loft and bounce options. That's how I ended up with my Titleist Vokey SM5's

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

pretty much how I got my sm5's.  I worked out my grinds/bounce with my instructor, and bought his recommendations (actually unsure what they are, lol) I had first gotten a 50, 54, and 58.  And when I was in Palm Springs this winter I tried a 62 and bought it instantly.  I took the hybrid out of the bag and never looked back.  Now the 62 is the most used one, and I use the 58 out of sand.  With 4 wedges you are never stuck on which club to use, as literally all the tools are there.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Archived