TESTERS WANTED! ×

Coffee Bar - French Press, Pour Over or Perk?

Shankster

... Staying in Phoenix for 6 weeks I ran out of the Intelligentsia I brought with me. Good thing because I found some Groundwork Certified Organic coffee that I fell in love with. An Ethiopia blend I enjoyed so much I bought 2 more 12oz bags and brought them home with me. I was very happy to find out I can order from Groundwork online and just picked up some Brazilian and another Ethiopian single source I am excited to try.

Intelligentsia is one of my favorite roasters, also give Stumptown a try if you have not, they are also very good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

... I have stopped at Stumptown quite a bit when I am in Portland for work. Kraft Services uses them on our shoots too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Been French pressing for a while. But I want to use my Anova to cold brew some

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 9 months later...

Santa brought us this last year...I must have been good.

download.png.09965d16feceaf9650402ba51250298e.png

Favorite daily brew? Tully's Hawaiian blend set to strong 10-oz. This thing makes a damn fine cup of Joe! Frother is a bonus that does both hot & cold milk very well. You can also do cold coffees & shots. Very versatile and it kicked my former Breville grind-n-brew directly to the curb.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Stumbled upon this thread while killing some time at work. Love my coffee and all things coffee. Any vacation I go on, the first thing I do is look up some local coffee shops.

At home my daily go to for quick and easy is my Oxo Automatic pour over as I can program for whatever time. I was using a Chemex for the longest time but got tired of the manual process before work in the mornings. So I save that for weekends or days off. Also have my old and strong espresso machine. The old work horse Starbucks Saeco Sireno machine. That I use when I'm feeling fancy and want a latte. During the summer I make a lot of cold brew in my Hario coffee pot. 

For beans I normally go to a local place here called Mothership Coffee Roasters. They have a few beans that I really love that are more nutty and chocolatey rather some of the beans having a slight fruity profile. I just cant get along with those ones. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I must admit, I have fallen off the good coffee train. Thinking about joining one of those coffee a month clubs. Also thinking about a hot sauce a month club.

I ordered a variety pack from one of the coffee clubs which is what their monthly subscription is and while you do get to try a good variety, you dont get all that much coffee for the price. I would say if you average 2 cups or more a day you'll still need coffee on top of what comes in the subscription to make it through the month. The coffee was great though. 

13 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Stumbled upon this thread while killing some time at work. Love my coffee and all things coffee. Any vacation I go on, the first thing I do is look up some local coffee shops.

At home my daily go to for quick and easy is my Oxo Automatic pour over as I can program for whatever time. I was using a Chemex for the longest time but got tired of the manual process before work in the mornings. So I save that for weekends or days off. Also have my old and strong espresso machine. The old work horse Starbucks Saeco Sireno machine. That I use when I'm feeling fancy and want a latte. During the summer I make a lot of cold brew in my Hario coffee pot. 

For beans I normally go to a local place here called Mothership Coffee Roasters. They have a few beans that I really love that are more nutty and chocolatey rather some of the beans having a slight fruity profile. I just cant get along with those ones. 

Have you tried roasting your own with some 20 dollar air popcorn poppers? There is nothing like making a batch of coffee that you roasted yourself to whatever profile you like the best...

Yes I did just classically one-up your coffee snobbery.  😎

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I've been roasting my beans for a couple of years now. I have one of these:

fresh-roast-sr500-1.jpg

It's basically a glorified popcorn popper, with multiple heat and fan settings and a timer.

When I started roasting beans, I had a friend from seminary warn me to be careful. The only way to take the next step of coffee snobbery was to be like him and go to Africa as a missionary so you can grow your own coffee plants 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, bardle said:

Have you tried roasting your own with some 20 dollar air popcorn poppers? There is nothing like making a batch of coffee that you roasted yourself to whatever profile you like the best...

Yes I did just classically one-up your coffee snobbery.  😎

I have never even thought to do that. That sounds fun though. I'll have to look into that. 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I've been roasting my beans for a couple of years now. I have one of these:

fresh-roast-sr500-1.jpg

It's basically a glorified popcorn popper, with multiple heat and fan settings and a timer.

When I started roasting beans, I had a friend from seminary warn me to be careful. The only way to take the next step of coffee snobbery was to be like him and go to Africa as a missionary so you can grow your own coffee plants 🙂

I always wanted one of these. I kept telling myself when my 20 dollar air popper died that I'd get one. 

6 years later and about 100 pounds of coffee since, it's still kicking. I swear it's the best 20 dollars I ever spent. Ha. I dont roast anymore, I just don't have the time but I do love it. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

• 4 weeks later...

Playing with my new hand powered espresso maker, experimenting with different coffees.

In other news, I'm three shots in already and after several more trial runs, won't be sleeping until April.

IMG_20190322_162335.jpeg

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m a little late to this thread but has anyone tried the Black Rifle brand?

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

10 minutes ago, 3ironpunch said:

I’m a little late to this thread but has anyone tried the Black Rifle brand?

It's all I drink I get it delivered monthly through their coffee club. I selected random so I get a different coffee roast every time so I can see what I prefer. 

Yes!! Pulling this one out of Davey Jones’ locker!!!  Black Rifle is pretty darned good coffee, IMO.

Thanks!

Nickent 3 Hybrid

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Thanks. I will give them a try. Their social media posts are real pick me ups!

Nickent 3 Hybrid

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

On 3/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Playing with my new hand powered espresso maker, experimenting with different coffees.

In other news, I'm three shots in already and after several more trial runs, won't be sleeping until April.

IMG_20190322_162335.jpeg

That thing is🔥

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Looks like I stumbled onto a great thread... Love the coffee life! I lived with a barista in college who would make all sorts of wacky espresso beans for fun, so we'd all get to drink them. Didn't know what we had until we moved out lol.

Unfortunately our budget is limiting my coffee game similarly to my golf game, but once we get over a few humps I think I'll be trying out some new roasting/grinding/brewing methods. But for now it's relatively cheap whole beans, ground and French press and it's good enough for now!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Tall, dark and very bitter, just like me 🤪

I really enjoy coffee, I use everything, Keirug, french press, pour over drip, it all depends on the amount of time I have and how strong I want it that day, I also get a lot single origin coffee, current I have some good strong Brazilian coffee, some medium roast from Costa rica, some very bitter Kenyan coffee as well as some cafe bustelo for the keurig.

I mostly get full been freshly roasted,and grind it, and yes, I use a hand grinder.

I cant wait to be able to travel to Brazil again, so I can bring some fresh roasted beans from a farm of one of my friends down there.

20200702_124548.jpg

20200702_124801.jpg

20200730_091300.jpg

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

41 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Looks like I stumbled onto a great thread... Love the coffee life! I lived with a barista in college who would make all sorts of wacky espresso beans for fun, so we'd all get to drink them. Didn't know what we had until we moved out lol.

Unfortunately our budget is limiting my coffee game similarly to my golf game, but once we get over a few humps I think I'll be trying out some new roasting/grinding/brewing methods. But for now it's relatively cheap whole beans, ground and French press and it's good enough for now!

Black rifle charges 15 a 1 lb bag of coffee beans. I get them shipped to me monthly always changing roasts.

Really liked the BR CAF. I have a very high tolerance to caffeine so it takes a bit extra to get me in the zone. 

If you're a caffeine head like me, another brand that I've really enjoyed is SIN Performance Coffee. Looking past all of the marketing hooplah, it has a nice bold almost chocolate-like flavor with absolutely no bitterness or acidity. It's finely pre-ground (I know, I know..) and is very firmly packed so you're not getting an airy 17 oz pack. I like the fine grind for the Aeropress or French Press. I usually find that 1 cup is good to get me through most of the day with no crash or jitters.  

image.png.1a22484b7d0ed9cf92b3d53bdce52eea.png

DISCLAIMER: I'm extremely new to the world of coffee. Just started drinking last year to help kick the 2-3/day Rockstar Habit (complete success BTW). If there are any other brands, roasts, regions, or bean types that offer a higher than avg caffeine content AND taste good, please share! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

20 hours ago, 3ironpunch said:

Thanks. I will give them a try. Their social media posts are real pick me ups!

Use the Joe Rogan podcast code and get a free mug if you do. Been drinking their stuff a while, I select my own roast every delivery because if you order at the wrong time you’ll get the same delivery every 2 weeks. I order from them bimonthly and buy a couple other bags from local places as I drink a LOT of coffee.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I’ve got 3 French presses now, a couple pour overs and an aero press. The aero press is the favorite currently as it cuts the oils and removes any grit so it’s just smooth coffee. I’m wanting a vacuum brewer next. 

In The Bag