TESTERS WANTED! ×

Coffee Bar - French Press, Pour Over or Perk?

Shankster

2 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

Cost per batch (approximately 80 oz) works out to $4.14. That includes 2 cups of beans & 2 nitrous canisters.

So you can brew the CB, then infuse the nitrous using the tap, and store that? It tastes good the next day? I noticed they said the nitrous slowly leaks out so the canisters don't last more than 48 hrs. I only drink about 8-12oz of coffee a day depending how rough I feel in the morning.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I’m a Peet’s guy for now. Always down to try something new. These are the current stock...

81452519-07E4-4191-A7DC-4193473EF02E.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, Headhammer said:

@azstu324 Just got this baby from Royal Brew loaded up today. Looking forward to my first home Nitro Cold Brew in the morning. Will report my findings. 

IMG_5055.jpg.c99510fc2b4b6629e83726c141ed71f6.jpg

man I'm definitely interested to see the long-term results on this. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’m a Peet’s guy for now. Always down to try something new. These are the current stock...

81452519-07E4-4191-A7DC-4193473EF02E.jpeg

... I love coffee in the morning but my son is a real connoisseur and he turned me onto Verve. My favorite now but I throw in some Intelligentsia every. now and then to keep some variety in my mornings.

https://www.vervecoffee.com/collections/single-origin

https://www.intelligentsia.com/products/burundi-yandaro

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I found a local roaster, FoJo Beans, when I volunteered at the Military Courtesy Room at Hancock Airport. They have a blend I’ve become addicted to, Dirty Morning. They describe it as a Radical Roast Blend of coffee the Americas and Indonesia. It’s my go to coffee. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... I love coffee in the morning but my son is a real connoisseur and he turned me onto Verve. My favorite now but I throw in some Intelligentsia every. now and then to keep some variety in my mornings.

Thanks Sam...I’ll definitely check these out. I was rotating between this, Counter Culture “big trouble” and the occasional Tim Hortons just because. I’ve always loved good black coffee and as I age I’d prefer to use money I’d spend on beer or other non essentials on a good cup. I discovered Peet’s on accident on a family trip / wedding to SF Bay. The Air BnB had a communal, non-perishable leftover policy that allowed us to try the prior tenants coffee preferences. That happened to be Major Dickason’s blend and the rest is history.  We were waking up drinking coffee to this view...(this is sunset but you get the point) 

949DC587-45ED-421F-BD81-743A9000EC4B.jpeg

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

In club ho terms I am an off the rack coffee drinker. 😁  It's dunkin donuts coffee bought from BJ's and run through the drip style Mr Coffee maker for me.  If I'm on the road I'll go wild and get WaWa columbian with a splash of hazelnut.  Sorry that I brought the culture level of the thread down a notch!  😋

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

Love Intelligentsia Black Cat for making espresso!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Thanks Sam...I’ll definitely check these out. I was rotating between this, Counter Culture “big trouble” and the occasional Tim Hortons just because. I’ve always loved good black coffee and as I age I’d prefer to use money I’d spend on beer or other non essentials on a good cup. I discovered Peet’s on accident on a family trip / wedding to SF Bay. The Air BnB had a communal, non-perishable leftover policy that allowed us to try the prior tenants coffee preferences. That happened to be Major Dickason’s blend and the rest is history.  We were waking up drinking coffee to this view...(this is sunset but you get the point) 

949DC587-45ED-421F-BD81-743A9000EC4B.jpeg

Major Dickinson is a regular in Costco. I used to get it but I’m the only coffee drinker and it took me awhile to get through it. A few years ago Costco would roast coffee in stores. They stopped due to fires I believe. It was super fresh and amazing. After discovering that coffee drunk closest to its roasting date is the best I decided to try local in smaller bags. No going back. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Here is my first pull off the nitrous keg.

First impressions:

I used Peet's Major Dickason's blend coffee that I let steep for 48 hours in the fridge. I put 2 tsp of Mexican Vanilla in the keg and added the cold brew and 2 nitrous oxide cartridges and let it sit overnight.

I've been drinking this blend everyday as a cold brew for the last 2 years so I'm very familiar with the flavor profile. Dispensed with nitrous the flavors appear more pronounced with caramel & vanilla being the dominant notes. The mouthfeel of the coffee is more smooth and velvety and there is a sweetness that the nitrous has imposed on the brew.   

The head is great to start, but once it settles it doesn't follow the coffee to the bottom of the glass and the microbubbles are not as dense as good commercial nitrous brews. It's my understand that using pure nitrous, instead of nitrous oxide, will provide the more dense microbubbles, but those cartridges are twice the price and require twice as many per batch.

As an out of the box, easy to set-up nitrous kit and with a strong first result, I would recommend the Royal Brew unit. 

I will keep experimenting and update the thread.

IMG_5056.JPG.c695c407073abce3e044c51aa56ffc8b.JPG

15 hours ago, yungkory said:

So you can brew the CB, then infuse the nitrous using the tap, and store that? It tastes good the next day? I noticed they said the nitrous slowly leaks out so the canisters don't last more than 48 hrs. I only drink about 8-12oz of coffee a day depending how rough I feel in the morning.

Yes. I've pulled 3 half-glasses this morning and the microbubbles were as strong in the last glass as the first. As to how long it will last without losing pressure, I'll have to let you know tomorrow and Thursday. At the rate I drink it I would expect I will refill it every 4 days.

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Major Dickinson is a regular in Costco. I used to get it but I’m the only coffee drinker and it took me awhile to get through it. A few years ago Costco would roast coffee in stores. They stopped due to fires I believe. It was super fresh and amazing. After discovering that coffee drunk closest to its roasting date is the best I decided to try local in smaller bags. No going back. 

Some things are worth indulging a little bit.  I don't know of anyone who's died and kept their money.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Yes. I've pulled 3 half-glasses this morning and the microbubbles were as strong in the last glass as the first. As to how long it will last without losing pressure, I'll have to let you know tomorrow and Thursday. At the rate I drink it I would expect I will refill it every 4 days.

That's sick. I was assuming you would have to pour it out of the tap straight into your cup every time you drink a serving. If you can just pour it out all at once and store it then it would be really cost efficient vs paying $5 every day at Starbucks

Here is my first pull off the nitrous keg.

First impressions:

I used Peet's Major Dickason's blend coffee that I let steep for 48 hours in the fridge. I put 2 tsp of Mexican Vanilla in the keg and added the cold brew and 2 nitrous oxide cartridges and let it sit overnight.

I've been drinking this blend everyday as a cold brew for the last 2 years so I'm very familiar with the flavor profile. Dispensed with nitrous the flavors appear more pronounced with caramel & vanilla being the dominant notes. The mouthfeel of the coffee is more smooth and velvety and there is a sweetness that the nitrous has imposed on the brew.   

The head is great to start, but once it settles it doesn't follow the coffee to the bottom of the glass and the microbubbles are not as dense as good commercial nitrous brews. It's my understand that using pure nitrous, instead of nitrous oxide, will provide the more dense microbubbles, but those cartridges are twice the price and require twice as many per batch.

As an out of the box, easy to set-up nitrous kit and with a strong first result, I would recommend the Royal Brew unit. 

I will keep experimenting and update the thread.

IMG_5056.JPG.c695c407073abce3e044c51aa56ffc8b.JPG

If you were to stir the bubbles into the coffee, would that have any different result good or bad? 

I think I may have posted a while ago but if a cold brew is the starter for the Nitro, I highly recommend the Ninja Cold Brew machine. Yes, it's $200 ($150 if you don't get the steel carafe) .. but the results for cold brew are pretty outstanding. And it literally makes about 32 oz of cold brew in about 15 min. All the other coffee or tea that makes is great too!

I have a buddy who owned a coffee shop years back(knows his $#!t) and he was skeptical about the quality of the brew. I made him a batch and he was a changed man. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

If you were to stir the bubbles into the coffee, would that have any different result good or bad? 

I think I may have posted a while ago but if a cold brew is the starter for the Nitro, I highly recommend the Ninja Cold Brew machine. Yes, it's $200 ($150 if you don't get the steel carafe) .. but the results for cold brew are pretty outstanding. And it literally makes about 32 oz of cold brew in about 15 min. All the other coffee or tea that makes is great too!

I have a buddy who owned a coffee shop years back(knows his $#!t) and he was skeptical about the quality of the brew. I made him a batch and he was a changed man. 

I don't think stirring the bubbles in would have any impact as they would most likely dissipate faster. I use a French Press and Bodum carafe to make my cold brew. 

IMG_4499.JPG.8ff66b5df42d1106932bc14131c78ebd.JPG.c69ffeaa773f7588a8b3c313e3cb5332.JPG

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I don't think stirring the bubbles in would have any impact as they would most likely dissipate faster. I use a French Press and Bodum carafe to make my cold brew. 

IMG_4499.JPG.8ff66b5df42d1106932bc14131c78ebd.JPG.c69ffeaa773f7588a8b3c313e3cb5332.JPG

Yeah I use a french press too and store it in a mason jar in the fridge. How do you filter the silt? I was using coffee filters but was looking for something more sustainable.

52 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah I use a french press too and store it in a mason jar in the fridge. How do you filter the silt? I was using coffee filters but was looking for something more sustainable.

I also use paper coffee filters and haven't found a better alternative. 

14 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

In club ho terms I am an off the rack coffee drinker. 😁  It's dunkin donuts coffee bought from BJ's and run through the drip style Mr Coffee maker for me.  If I'm on the road I'll go wild and get WaWa columbian with a splash of hazelnut.  Sorry that I brought the culture level of the thread down a notch!  😋

Wawa is the only place I get coffee I don’t make

Just wanted to update my first experiences with the nitrous cold brew. Day 1 & 2 the coffee had tons of microbubbles, on day 3 & 4 the intense microbubbles had started to subside. The coffee still came out with a dense head, but it was more like pouring a beer into a tilted glass, it had about a 2" head on it. The flavors were exactly the same on day 4 as they were on day 1. I will experiment by adding another nitrous cartridge the second night and see what that does. Royal Brew makes a 1/2 keg version that probably will last 1-2 days depending on your level of coffee consumption that may keep the level of foam up.  

6 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Just wanted to update my first experiences with the nitrous cold brew. Day 1 & 2 the coffee had tons of microbubbles, on day 3 & 4 the intense microbubbles had started to subside. The coffee still came out with a dense head, but it was more like pouring a beer into a tilted glass, it had about a 2" head on it. The flavors were exactly the same on day 4 as they were on day 1. I will experiment by adding another nitrous cartridge the second night and see what that does. Royal Brew makes a 1/2 keg version that probably will last 1-2 days depending on your level of coffee consumption that may keep the level of foam up.  

Thanks for the update! Nice to hear that one cartridge can last an entire week almost, makes it pretty affordable. Guess I know what to ask housewarming Santa for when we move into the new place!

• 3 months later...

Just bought a burr grinder and I like how much more consistent grind than I was getting from my blade grinder. I also found out how I like cold brew finally figured out how to make it a way I can drink it. I like it steeping for 72 hours and then I add Fairlife chocolate milk to it and damn does that make it a great mocha!

Follow the alton brown pour over method. It gets in depth with scales and such. Makes a great cup

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 1" 44.5" NDMC Mid

4w: :callaway-small: Epic flash Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 2" 42.5" NDMC Mid

3-PW: :mizuno-small:  MP-18, 3i FLYhi MMC, 4-6i MMC, 7-PW MB, KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 49*F, 54*D, 59*M KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Putter:  Lajosi Sensor Breakthrough Golf Tour Stability Shaft 34" SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

16 minutes ago, BigUrsus said:

Follow the alton brown pour over method. It gets in depth with scales and such. Makes a great cup

Yes his is very similar to what Evan from black rifle does. That’s the normal procedure for a chemex or harrow pour over they make great cups. I mix up the ratio depending on the roast I get from black rifle in my variety pack

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Just bought a burr grinder and I like how much more consistent grind than I was getting from my blade grinder. I also found out how I like cold brew finally figured out how to make it a way I can drink it. I like it steeping for 72 hours and then I add Fairlife chocolate milk to it and damn does that make it a great mocha!

Yes we recently got a french press for cold brew. We have it sit for 48, amazing how the cold water needs to sit way longer (hot 4 minutes) to get the oils out. So we have 2 going in rotation, each makes about 3 cups. Really enjoy the cold coffee during this heat.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone have a good recipe for creamer?  Unlike a majority of coffee drinkers at work, I like myself enough not to drink black coffee…

I want to make some maple creamer.  

Anything?

yes. I will google it at some point.

I don’t make it no but I use a really good non dairy creamer if you’re interested. 
No maple but their all awsome.

DA52FFD0-F63E-495B-8FDF-FF18D1DBCA25.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!