Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My STX Putter

dcmccobb

I love my STX putter. It is a Green Plus VIII. I bought it a year and a half ago after dropping my old putter into a lake. I only paid $80 for it, and that was the retail price. However, it seems it was made in China, and it soon showed shabby construction. Very soon the leather grip began to peel and eventually the outside cover peeled off. In addition the chrome on the shaft is peeling off to the point it looks as though it's twenty years old.

Of course, I put a new grip on it, but can't do much with the shaft.

I still love the putter because of its weight and feel so would not part with it for anything. But it's disappointing to have to live with such shoddy workmanship.

Don McCobb

STX has representatives on MyGolfSpy, I believe the username is simply "STX". I've had numerous STX putters and none had a leather grip, is it possible it was regripped and possibly reshafted too? Either way, grips aren't made to last forever, and shafts can be replaced.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

thats too bad don. You cant find anything made in the usa anymore . I dont know much about stx putters but they look cool.I still use my old ram zebra putter thats probably 20 years old.I have 2 oddessy putters but i always come back to my zebra.It cant be beat in my eyes, I know what you mean by weight and feel. Good luck Dave

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Archived