TESTERS WANTED! ×

MOI matching

Anyone playing MOI matching irons? I'm am thinking of a MOI fitting but would like to hear others thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Anyone playing MOI matching irons? I'm am thinking of a MOI fitting but would like to hear others thoughts on the subject.

Never heard of these. What are they?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm no expert but instead of swing weight they find your favorite clubs MOI and match the rest of the set to that club. So if you play a 4-Pw the 4 iron may have a swing weight of D2 and they progressively get higher as the clubs get short. So your PW may have a swing weight of D6. The theory is that all clubs will have different swing weights but they will all feel the same when you swing them.

I push my long irons and pull my shorter irons but nut my 7. If all clubs feel like my 7 when I swing then maybe I will see similar results. Who knows? But according to Wishon golf it is much better than swing weight.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

try single length instead if you are good with the seven

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

My irons are all MOI matched. I'm sorry I can't elaborate on the specifics because I don't fully understand it. Certainly don't remember the details my fitter provided. But my irons sure play and feel great.

Perhaps MmmmmBuddy will pick up on this topic.

EDIT: Like StrokerAce mentioned below our clubs are MOI matched. The only difference is Stroker plays single length where I play standard clubs. And yes... mine are Wishon design too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Like PlaidJacket my irons are also all MOI matched.  He and I both play Wishon irons.  I'm not sure if this is a Tom Wishon thing or not but I got the Sterling single length and it was really important that they all be MOI matched since they are the same length.

I agree with Plaid... just started this year with these but they already feel and play great.  I've hit some shots that really really surprised me and I think the science works.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Like PlaidJacket my irons are also all MOI matched. He and I both play Wishon irons. I'm not sure if this is a Tom Wishon thing or not but I got the Sterling single length and it was really important that they all be MOI matched since they are the same length.

I agree with Plaid... just started this year with these but they already feel and play great. I've hit some shots that really really surprised me and I think the science works.

How is the distance gapping with them?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

How is the distance gapping with them?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Glad you asked!  That's a common question with the single length irons.  :)

I find my gaps to be about the same as my previous traditional length irons (Callaway Apex Pro).  The gaps are around 10-12 yards between each iron.  I was custom fit and could have had the lofts bent a bit differently -- some people have done that -- but I'm pretty standard size (5'10" 175) so I think they were spot on.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Archived