Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Don't Change a Thing (Says the Pro)

Stopped by the range today for a bucket to test out my theory with the 3 wood shaft in my driver. Let me tell you. I gained a marginal amount of distance but I could not hit the thing crooked!! Gotta find a 44" Shaft for the Ugly stick.

Anyways I did my normal work out. 57 all the way through driver. There was a guy watching me and he only had one club he was working with.

I heard him walk over and introduce himself to a gentleman struggling on the range. Noticed he had an English accent, which is weird because most people here talk like a Yooper, eh!

Got about 3/4 of the way through the bucket and he comes over to me and said "I just wanted to tell you that your swing is perfect." Talked for about 20 minutes as I finished up the bucket.

I asked him how much lessons are and he said "you don't need them" and "I would not change a thing". Don't mess with that action or anything he said.

Now if that isn't the biggest confidence booster I've ever gotten I don't know what is. He asked what my handicap was and said "no way, you should be a +" just by that swing alone.

Got a play 18 with the pro scheduled with him for next week to see why I am a ~6 - 7 handicap. But no lessons.

Awesome!!

- Alan

I'm pretty sure no pro will ever say that about my swing. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hope he tells you why you aren't a plus capper.   I know that I have a decent swing,  but I am not a scratch or better because of my short game.  

Always nice to hear that you have a good swing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hope he tells you why you aren't a plus capper. I know that I have a decent swing, but I am not a scratch or better because of my short game.

Always nice to hear that you have a good swing.

Yeah, I am interested to find out too. Do I really make "that" bad of choices haha?

- Alan

Yeah, I am interested to find out too. Do I really make "that" bad of choices haha?

- Alan

Gotta be something, maybe it is course management

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

not every swing has to be perfect either, just be really good at 'your' swing....look at a guy like Furyk, noone would ever teach that, but he's been one of the best players in the world for 10+ years.......find a swing that works for you, then practice practice practice

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Sounds like he was a great salesman

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

not every swing has to be perfect either, just be really good at 'your' swing....look at a guy like Furyk, noone would ever teach that, but he's been one of the best players in the world for 10+ years.......find a swing that works for you, then practice practice practice

Yeah, I think that is what he meant. He watched me for 45 minutes total.

- Alan

Sounds like he was a great salesman

In his defense I did hit mostly pure shots while he was watching me. I'd agree except he wouldn't let me schedule a lesson. I asked him, he said no. If he was selling confidence then he earns the salesman of the year.

- Alan

Sounds like fun Shankster!

I tell you what... that is amazing... even if you weren't hitting em fantastic.  A little self confidence can go a long way and having someone tell you something positive about how you're doing what you're doing can make a huge difference.

Have fun with the pro!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Al, try this when you go out, I do it periodically to test myself.

Par 3s: No matter where flag stick is, only aim for the literal middle of the green. Then take putts from there.

Par 4s: Aim for middle fairway (don't go for any green in one). Then play approach shot to literal middle of green regardless of flag position. Putt from there.

Par 5s: Aim for middle of fairway. Don't go for any green in two (play second shot to exact sand wedge distance). Play third shot to literal middle of the green. Putt from there.

Now what this allows you to do is really focus on the true nature of a round of golf. This is like a workman's approach. I've played some of my best ball striking rounds this way. I can hit every fairway and usually every green.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Par 3s: No matter where flag stick is, only aim for the literal middle of the green. Then take putts from there.

Par 4s: Aim for middle fairway (don't go for any green in one). Then play approach shot to literal middle of green regardless of flag position. Putt from there.

Par 5s: Aim for middle of fairway. Don't go for any green in two (play second shot to exact sand wedge distance). Play third shot to literal middle of the green. Putt from there.

Now what this allows you to do is really focus on the true nature of a round of golf. This is like a workman's approach. I've played some of my best ball striking rounds this way. I can hit every fairway and usually every green.

I'm giving this a try Friday. I think sometimes we get caught up throwing darts at the flag or muscling a shot. Sometimes the best advice is the simplest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm giving this a try Friday. I think sometimes we get caught up throwing darts at the flag or muscling a shot. Sometimes the best advice is the simplest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works man. I find that if I give myself a little broader of a focus range and not so specific on a pinpoint, periodically it helps me reset my game. Plus if the ball fades or draws, technically we should still be in fine position after every shot.

He also told me to throw my hybrid away and get a better 2 iron. Was super impressed with my ball flight. " Sergio esk he said". And asked if I was the club champ. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sounds like he was trying to get your number to me lol

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Okay I need to do this, how have I never thought of this? 

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

I do something similar, or started this year. I am breaking down Par 5's, 3 iron, 5 iron, 9 - SW.. Then par 4's I am using 4 iron and whatever is next. Just not as detailed as you Burk. But a good tip for sure.

Archived