Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Confused

What are you looking to gain by trying the Baffler set? The Adams are very good clubs to learn on.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

the best way to go, is probably to learn/practice/get some experience w/ the Adams set....then when ready, go get fitted for a set of irons........I don't know that Cobra Bafflers will give you any advantage over your Adams

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

For a beginner (and truly probably most of us) golf clubs are pretty much like a pair of blue jeans- some will fit better than others, some won't fit worth a damn despite their high price tag and fancy stitching, but most of them will fit pretty much the same. Being new to the game is a time period for learning how to play, how to score, how to chip and putt and hit bunker shots. Give it a season or two. By then you will know so much more about equipment and your own game than you do now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

For a beginner (and truly probably most of us) golf clubs are pretty much like a lair of blue jeans- some will fit better than others, some won't fit worth a damn despite their high price tag and fancy stitching, but most of them will fit pretty much the same. Being new to the game is a time period for learning how to play, how to score, how to chip and putt and hit bunker shots. Give it a season or two. By then you will know so much more about equipment and your own game than you do now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What he said :)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I actually have the exact same set that you speak of, and while I'm not the biggest fan of them, I'm sticking with them until I can afford to get fitted for a brand new set. They are a great set though and the best $300 I've spent on golf equipment. My tip to you is to get a feel for the game, make some killer shots with the Adams (I've had a few) and when you're ready, go all in on a fitting for a set of irons. Demo everything and see what gives you the best results!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Adams and Cobra both make some respectable gear my friend but I agree with the other fellas here in saying I don't know that you'll gain too much from the bafflers.have you tried going to a golf shop and hitting them side by side in a simulator?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Investing in a few lessons will give you a thousand percent more improvement then changing clubs ever will. Its golfs dirty secret. All the new technology in the world can't fix your swing.

Callaway big bertha adilia rogue stiff with 1" tip

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

m2 3 hybrid adilia rogue stiff with half inch tip

Ping ie1 true temper xp 105 s300

mack daddy 2 56 and 60 wedges

stx putter

left handed

Handicap: my swing.

Lessons for a beginner is the fastest way to get better.  The longer you put it off, the more that has to be undone later.  Spoken from experience.

If you really love to play and can afford it, I also recommend at some point going to a golf school for a week to immerse yourself.  Think of it as a vacation with a much better golf game when you get home.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived