Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - COBRA F7/F7+ Drivers

Time for a friendly bump!

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not used Game Golf. But I will say with Arcoss you don't have to remember to tap the club to a unit on your belt like you do in GG. It is very easy to use and truly works in the background.

As much as I'd love Arccos, I don't know how I feel about having to play with my phone in my pocket. I have the 6S Plus which is larger, and I never like having it in my pocket while I golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I have the 6S Plus also, I am like you, I would rather play without it in my pocket but I am getting somewhat used to it.   Maybe I will become totally unaware of it soon.  I have some made for golf shorts that have a pocket on the leg, not a cargo short but a slim zippered pocket, I plan to give those a try and see if it is less noticeable.   I'll give a report on that in my stage 2 write up.

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

The few times I have played with my phone in my pocket I have found putting it in my back pocket and removing my wallet seemingly makes it disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Bumpity!

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

I will be heading up to play with ole gray on Thursday, I will then be getting my stage 2 write up ready and plan to post it next weekend.  Any one with any special requests or questions please feel free to post them.  Thanks. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Hope you guys don't mind if I chime in with some thoughts and a couple questions.

I went and demo'd both models with an unofficial fitting yesterday.  I say unofficial, as I only asked the sales guy at GG to switch out a couple shafts and move the weights on the F7 + forward for me to start with.  

So the F7 had a Mitsubishi Tensi shaft in R Flex

The  F7+ had the Fuji Pro 60 g Stiff

The end result was both drivers gave me very similar numbers.  Not more than 2 or 3 yards on most drives.  how they got there was vastly different, the + was launching around 17 degrees and the F7 close to around 19 or 20 on a lot of drives.

My swing speed hovered between an abysmally low 84 and peaked at 92, but most were in the 88/89 range.   for some reason this LM wasn't showing spin numbers on the display, had everything else, so I couldn't get a good idea of those.   But watching the ball flight, their was a noticeable difference between the two.  With the F7 flying much higher and straighter, and the + a bit lower and tending to fade a bit more.  

What I found most interesting was the sound difference.   When I hit the F7 it had a really loud (but not obnoxious loud) solid sound to it, it made me think, wow I bet that one went 350 yards, then I looked at the LM and saw it barely breaking 200..LOL   I had really low smash factors on both, much lower than I would normally get, I'm not perfect, but I can usually get somewhere between 144 and 148.  These were reading 133 to 135.   So that and no spin number makes me wonder if about the validity of this LM.   

The + seemed to be a much more muted sound, almost like a composite head would sound.   I did have the weight in the front, I don't know if that contributes to a sound difference or not.  

I really liked the matte finish on the Plus, I think it would look great in the Blue. 

So my questions to the testers, (and I know you'll surely touch on this in Stage 2, but maybe just a snippet of a preview) what did you think of the sound of the two drivers you hit.  Especially you downlow, did you find it a muted sound?

DD, as we are similar swing speeds, you're probably a bit higher than me now days, did you move the weights around yet all or go with the stock setup of 12g in the back.  I may have missed it in your intro thread, but what shaft came with yours, I know you said you may look at getting a senior, but just curious on which one came with it.

Looking forward to your guys stage 2's!!

Yea no doubt for me that my F6  sounded different when the weight was moved to the front port.  I love the sound the F6 makes when the heavier weight is positioned in the rear. What I'm interested to find is (once the 15 gram weight I ordered comes in) the sound when two weights of substantial amounts are in place.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Morning bump. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

bump

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Time for a morning bump. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Bumping

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

So I might be off next weekend to get a new shaft.

Don't want to mess leading up to my state am qualifying next week but I'm thinking something heavier and stiffer with the loft up to 10.5.

We'll give that a shot before my stage two and see how it goes.

I've been hitting the ball right lately and the contact is creeping towards the heel. Need more FIR!

So I might be off next weekend to get a new shaft.

Don't want to mess leading up to my state am qualifying next week but I'm thinking something heavier and stiffer with the loft up to 10.5.

We'll give that a shot before my stage two and see how it goes.

I've been hitting the ball right lately and the contact is creeping towards the heel. Need more FIR!

HZRDOUS Black baby...

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Greta job boys! Loving the reviews so far, and from what I have read and tested this driver is one of the best of the year!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Great reviews all! I would love to hit this driver!!!  I could probably snap hook it with the best of em!

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

Greta job boys! Loving the reviews so far, and from what I have read and tested this driver is one of the best of the year!

No doubt it's good. I want to and am trying to hit it side by side against the perceived best --> Epic & M1/M2. Numbers won't lie.

I'm surprised how much Calloway is putting in to promoting the Epic. It's everywhere this year. Seems like everyone in the media got a free one this year too.

Ole gray and my new friend Will both hit the F7 today, I am sure they will chime in sometime soon with their thoughts. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

fist_bump_it_photo_print-rfbab52912e5843

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Ole gray and my new friend Will both hit the F7 today, I am sure they will chime in sometime soon with their thoughts. 

Here's a few thoughts on the F7 after I played nine holes with DawgDaddy's test driver.

Positives: I hit solid drives with  very good distance on holes #1, 5, 6, & 9 . Nice medium to high ball flight with my normal draw pattern.

The sound was better than average with the weight in the back.   I didn't move the weight forward as I prefer a higher ball flight.

I love the looks as the black shiny head oozes power.

Feel is solid and powerful as it begs to slam into the ball with authority.

Accuracy was commendable. I only missed two fairways ( 4 & 7) which were caused by trying to drive it (over swinging) too close to the par 4 greens causing a hook. 

Note:  I do like the additional weight port. I'm a tinker type person so I could see myself having some fun with this! 

Negatives:  This is no fault of the driver as it came from the factory this way and unless test equipment can be ordered to testers specs, it's something that one must work around.

Grip size needs to optional. Grips that come with new drivers feel like pencils to us with large hands.

Shaft length although manageable, was an inch over what I game.

The tracking system was a bit off and it would lose track of what hole we were on.

Conclusion:  ​I like the F7 and if I had it custom fit to my requirements, I believe it would be a solid driver. Does it match my F6 in performance?  Not even close. If a driver is going to perform properly, it must be a good fit for the player.  My Cobra F6 is 44 inches with a jumbo grip and the flex is stiffer than the shaft that came on DawgDaddy's test driver. Would it  match the F6 if it had the same specs? I would like to test them side by side with the same setup. It would be very interesting to say the least!  

Cleveland

Bumping. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

BUMP!

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Heading down to Daytona Beach in a short while, will be sitting on my balcony watching the surf and getting my stage 2 review ready and up.  If you have any questions or thoughts we would love to hear from you.  

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Heading down to Daytona Beach in a short while, will be sitting on my balcony watching the surf and getting my stage 2 review ready and up.  If you have any questions or thoughts we would love to hear from you.  

That's a dedicated Spy right there!  Working on a review at the beach in Daytona is the real deal.   Have fun buddy and looking forward to your take on the F7.

Cleveland

Bump

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

good stuff guys! wish i was in the market ( had the $$$) because that deal with the fairway wood/hybrid made me drool. Until then, i'll keep swinging my Fly Z+. looking forward to stage 2

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Hey guys & ladies, my stage 2 review will be posting this afternoon.  I have it written but on my recent trip I did not carry my clubs and want to take a few more pics to post with the review.  I am playing in a charity scramble this morning and will be posting after it is complete.  Please feel free to ask any last minute questions. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

My stage 2 review is up.  

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Welcome to my Stage 2 thoughts, findings, speculations and ramblings on my testing of the Cobra King F7 driver. I have had the driver on the course at least 3 times per week (except this week, as we spent Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Daytona Beach). I have had several folks hit it with mixed results, as you might expect. I don't live close enough to any shops with a golf monitor to give any real numbers but I will do my best to give you real observations.

I truly believe this driver is a great product, I also believe that anyone wanting to purchase it should be fit. With 8 shaft choices they can dial a person into a bombing machine. If you have an itch to try Arccos this is a great way to do it without spending any extra money on the entire kit. I wanted to love it but the shaft and grip issues would not allow that to happen. However I do have a degree of fondness for this driver because of the innovation that Cobra has packed into it. I would recommend it to be on the short list of everyone looking for a new driver.

IMG_1392_zpsfmk9wlgl.jpg

Total Score: My total score is 70 Out of 100 points. 

Excellent and very informative review Dawg!  I would have loved to see you hit the F7 with the proper shaft and a grip big enough to fit your hands.  Your hands are nearly as big as mine which are big enough to palm a basketball.  I use a jumbo grip on my F6 and it feels awesome.  You would have been much better off with a mid sized grip with a couple of wraps. IMO size matters and it's essential on a driver.  Maybe in the future the companies can send test products with grip size and shaft stiffness to fit the tester.   No doubt more accurate test results would be the result. 

I'm with ya on the Arccos not being exactly user friendly.  Plus if I had to walk around with a phone in my front pocket, that would not suit me well at all.   

Great job partner!

Cleveland

Archived