TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - COBRA F7/F7+ Drivers

Get review DawgDaddy, honest and informative which is what this is all about.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you my friend.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

@DawgDaddy

Your current driver and the F7 are the exact 2 options my wife is considering.

She did a fitting for the Epic, but the current price is too steep.

She plays off 12 and is currently fighting a big fade, so she would like something with weight adjustability to help with the draw.

With both drivers set to draw, which one would you say has more impact on ball flight?

Also considered the R15 and JPX 850, but they don't seem that forgiving. So for about $200, the GBB and F7 seem to fit the bill.

Thanks for the input!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Nice job on the Stage 3 and overall review Drew!!

Interesting point about a possible Arccos plug for the shaft as opposed to the grip.  I'm sure the technology can be or is there to accomplish this.  As it is a shame that you lose the feature when you change grips due to a shaft change or even just a grip change.

Thanks to you and Dawg Daddy both for the time put into the reviews and the thread participation.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

@DawgDaddy

Your current driver and the F7 are the exact 2 options my wife is considering.

She did a fitting for the Epic, but the current price is too steep.

She plays off 12 and is currently fighting a big fade, so she would like something with weight adjustability to help with the draw.

With both drivers set to draw, which one would you say has more impact on ball flight?

Also considered the R15 and JPX 850, but they don't seem that forgiving. So for about $200, the GBB and F7 seem to fit the bill.

Thanks for the input!

I would say the GBB has more impact, but the sliding weight allows you to tone it up or tone it down, the F7 are fixed position but you move the weights.  

I imagine you might consider the free FW or Hybrid offer with the F7 if you need those clubs too, I am not  sure how long the promo last but that is a great incentive IMO. 

Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I would say the GBB has more impact, but the sliding weight allows you to tone it up or tone it down, the F7 are fixed position but you move the weights.

I imagine you might consider the free FW or Hybrid offer with the F7 if you need those clubs too, I am not sure how long the promo last but that is a great incentive IMO.

Alright, the GBB it is. She is hitting her FW pretty well, so no need for new ones.

Thanks!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I posted this in the DotD thread too.  Great deal.

http://www.worldwidegolfshops.com/cobraF7pricedrop17/Search

20170707_01.jpg

One last bump in case someone has another question.

Alright, I do have a Ping G400 on pre-order that might not be here until mid August based on what I've been reading around the nets. With Cobra putting this deal out there, I couldn't resist ordering a custom F7+ with a free upgrade to the HZRDUS Yellow 75 shaft for only $249 ($256 because I went with the Golf Pride Z-Grip as well). It's really hard to pass up on a deal like that and now I can compare both the Cobra and the Ping when I get both and see which one I like the best on the course.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Alright, I do have a Ping G400 on pre-order that might not be here until mid August based on what I've been reading around the nets. With Cobra putting this deal out there, I couldn't resist ordering a custom F7+ with a free upgrade to the HZRDUS Yellow 75 shaft for only $249 ($256 because I went with the Golf Pride Z-Grip as well). It's really hard to pass up on a deal like that and now I can compare both the Cobra and the Ping when I get both and see which one I like the best on the course.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts, keep us posted. 

Great Stage 3's from both of you, I really enjoyed the journey.

I found it very interesting that you both mentioned the issue of losing the Cobra Connect feature because of a grip or shaft change, I really like the fact that it's built into the grip and not the regular tag plugged into the grip, I wonder if they offered discount grips to people who owned their clubs for regripping or changing shafts would make it easier?

I have also wondered why they don't offer a full set of grips with arccos tech built into them.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Finally received my new Cobra F7 Driver. I got a Black Cobra F7 with a X-Stiff Project X Hzrdus Yellow 75g shaft. I played 9 holes with it today, but I wasn't swinging the club well today. So I hoped to have a more enthusastic and resounding review, but I will post some initial thoughts!

I have been playing with a Callaway FT(i) square headed driver until a month ago, then was using a demo Mizuno JPX-900 (w. Stiff Fuji 569 Speeder Evo II) driver for the last month. I grew to like the Mizuno and was swinging it pretty well, but that swing didn't transfer over to the Cobra. I don't know if it was just how I was playing today, if the weight difference threw my swing off, or some other variables...so its hard to compare performance at this point.

However, I did love the feel and the sound of the cobra. The sound was defintiely different than my previous drivers, but I liked it. It is a perfect sound as it's not going to make every in the vicinity to turn their head when you hit it, but its a satisfying sound when you make good contact. The feel was great as well, the best way I could describe is smooth. When you make good contact you can feel it and it feels powerful, but a smooth power, not a jerky, trampline type power.

I was missing right today, probably from coming in too steep and maybe an open clubface in addition to that, but my slices were going farther and less right than previous. The ball flight looked idential when i was having similar issues 2 weeks ago and my misses were probably 10-15 yards shorter and 10 yards to the right of where I was missing today. Hard to say if this was due to a shaft upgrade, swing, or driver forgiveness, but interesting none the less.

The tech piece of it was cool, but I had some questionable readings on the GPS. Not really for my drives, but the Arccos app it told me 142 to the center of a green on a par 3, and another app had 148 and my laser had about 151 to the center pin location. Could just be my course, but we will see. Hopefully i can give another report when I am putting a good swing on the ball.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

Is the free hzrdus yellow 75 the yellow shaft? Or is it the black shaft with yellow lettering? I hate the look of the yellow shaft and want to order one tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They are the exact same shaft. They started making it black with yellow lettering because tour players didn't like the bright yellow shaft. They obviously still make the yellow version, but the OEM has a choice of what to offer

They are the exact same shaft. They started making it black with yellow lettering because tour players didn't like the bright yellow shaft. They obviously still make the yellow version, but the OEM has a choice of what to offer

Haha just don't want to get stuck with that ugly yellow shaft if I order it off cobra's website

Haha just don't want to get stuck with that ugly yellow shaft if I order it off cobra's website

I just ordered the F7+ last Sunday with the HZRDUS Yellow 75 and it's supposed to get here on Tuesday. I'm fairly certain it will be the black with yellow lettering but if you want to wait a couple more days I can let you know for sure. FYI, TGW has the F7+ with custom options for $249 right now, which is $50 cheaper than Cobra, if you are looking to go with that head.

I just ordered the F7+ last Sunday with the HZRDUS Yellow 75 and it's supposed to get here on Tuesday. I'm fairly certain it will be the black with yellow lettering but if you want to wait a couple more days I can let you know for sure. FYI, TGW has the F7+ with custom options for $249 right now, which is $50 cheaper than Cobra, if you are looking to go with that head.

I would order it off TGW, if I could get the shaft I wanted with it. Please post a picture of the shaft when yours arrives!

My Pro ordered it through his Cobra rep and it is black with yellow lettering. Looks sharp.

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

@DawgDaddy and @drewneddy

Was reading up on these and curious about the battery use on your phones.

Arccos said it uses 40-60% for a round.

http://driver.support.arccosgolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2639892-how-much-of-my-phone%E2%80%99s-battery-will-arccos-driver-use-

How did yalls do?

Run app alone?

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

http://driver.support.arccosgolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2639892-how-much-of-my-phone's-battery-will-arccos-driver-use-

How did yalls do?

Run app alone?

Great question, also can I run the Cobra Connect app and another GPS APP like Golfshot?

http://driver.support.arccosgolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2639892-how-much-of-my-phone%E2%80%99s-battery-will-arccos-driver-use-

How did yalls do?

Run app alone?

I didn't notice that much battery use to be honest. The best part is you can just set it and play it. You never have to remove your phone from your pocket.

I only played it for a couple weeks before I changed shafts and lost the Cobra connect altogether.

I never ran another app at the same time but I would think you could Tim.  While I like the Arccos idea, it never really worked well for me, possibly because of the fact that the 2 courses I tried it on are fairly remote and may have had trouble staying connected with towers.  When I did use it I did not feel that the battery usage of my iphone 6S Plus was extreme, maybe something in the 20 to 30% range.   It may be more on a phone with a smaller battery. 

You can run Arccos with another app, I used the driver connect app along with hole 19. The only thing is an annoying bar across the top of the phone that says "another app is using your location" so the apps aren't able to resize properly and it cuts about 1/4" off the bottom. Still usable, but annoying.

I used both apps and it drained about 30-50% of my battery for 18 holes.

how much info did you get from the app other than driving distance and fairway accuracy?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

You can run Arccos with another app, I used the driver connect app along with hole 19. The only thing is an annoying bar across the top of the phone that says "another app is using your location" so the apps aren't able to resize properly and it cuts about 1/4" off the bottom. Still usable, but annoying.

I used both apps and it drained about 30-50% of my battery for 18 holes.

Thanks I appreciate it....I figure if I really like the Arrcos tech in the F7 that I will probably end up buying the full Arccos 360

I would order it off TGW, if I could get the shaft I wanted with it. Please post a picture of the shaft when yours arrives!

The driver came in today and the custom ordered shaft was the black with the yellow lettering so you should be good.

I have the Cobra F7 fairway wood with the baffler tech. It's one of my favorite clubs in the bag. I don't think cobra's woods get the love they deserve. Curious to hear ab this review.

Archived