Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - COBRA F7/F7+ Drivers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I appreciate it....I figure if I really like the Arrcos tech in the F7 that I will probably end up buying the full Arccos 360

I used Hole 19 for keeping my fairways hit, greens in regulation, and putts, but if I had the money to spend, I would think long and hard about the full Arccos 360.  I like how Arccos breaks it down with the handicap, and it has been pretty nice to not have to worry about it all the time, but if you want 100% accurate stats you may have to check after every couple holes. It's pretty damn good, but no technology is going to know if you are 5 ft inside the fairway or 5 ft in the rough 100% of the time.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

Looks like you can order the driver sensor by itself for $30 bucks.

I am curious how accurate it is since it's using your phone gps and those can be very accurate or very suspect depending on your phone, signal strength etc.

Can you edit shots?

Say you hit one and it's on the edge of the fairway but the Arccos thinks your in the rough and doesn't give you credit.

In the challenge we are about to start, that could be a bummer for some shots.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Yes, you can edit the shot. There is an icon at the bottom that you can say whether you hit the fairway (straight arrow) or if you were off the fairway (left or right arrow).

You can also edit shot and manually out the distance in case it didn't catch your second shot for one reason to another.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

Ordered a f7+ black with a matrix Ozik 75m4 extra stiff shaft! Can't wait for it to be here!!!

Nice! That's a solid shaft as well. I think you'll like it. I've only been able to hit my new F7+ with the HZRDUS Yellow one time on the range so far but I liked what I saw and felt. I'm playing my first round with it on Sunday so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping I play well enough with it that I'll regret the fact that I ordered a G400 LST a couple of weeks ago that sounds like it won't ship until mid August. If nothing else, this driver will definitely get me by until the Ping gets here.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Nice! That's a solid shaft as well. I think you'll like it. I've only been able to hit my new F7+ with the HZRDUS Yellow one time on the range so far but I liked what I saw and felt. I'm playing my first round with it on Sunday so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping I play well enough with it that I'll regret the fact that I ordered a G400 LST a couple of weeks ago that sounds like it won't ship until mid August. If nothing else, this driver will definitely get me by until the Ping gets here.

I was unable to test the hzrdus yellow 75 vs the black drive because for some reason the didn't have the shaft at my local shop, was kinda disappointed but was happy with the numbers I was getting with the black tie, pushing 290-300+

I was unable to test the hzrdus yellow 75 vs the black drive because for some reason the didn't have the shaft at my local shop, was kinda disappointed but was happy with the numbers I was getting with the black tie, pushing 290-300+

figured if I didn't like the shaft I would replace it with a hand crafted yellow by next year

I played 30 holes with the F7+ today and my observations are that it is one of the most forgiving and accurate pro drivers I've played while still maintaining adequate distance. It is definitely not the longest I've played but I can control it so well. 260 down the middle is much more playable than 280 in the trees. It's a fun driver. I'm still waiting for my Ping G400 LST driver to come in so I can compare but as of right now, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing from the Cobra.

how much info did you get from the app other than driving distance and fairway accuracy?

I thought the GPS was excellent, here is a link that will describe everything you would like to know.  http://www.cobragolf.com/cobraconnect/

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I can't wait for mine to arrive and start all of the fun!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I played another 18 after work today with the F7+ and hit some serious bombs. The more I use this driver, the better I'm hitting it. I think part of it is how much I'm enjoying the HZRDUS Yellow shaft. Another thing I find interesting is that I ordered the driver .25 inches short assuming that would make it 45 inches since the specs on their website list it at 45.25". I put it up against my buddies 45 inch EPIC driver and my F7+ is a quarter inch shorter than his. I compared it against a couple of other drivers in my garage when I got home and it is indeed 44.75" now. Maybe that's why I'm hitting it so well. I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my Ping G400 LST pre-order at this point. This driver is just fun to use.

The Cobra F7+ was actually the driver that was the runner-up when I was looking for a new driver.  I ended up going with the Ping G LST.  The Cobra was very long off the tee and I loved the Project X HZRDUS shaft in that driver.  I also liked the looks of the driver.  My preferred setting was to put the weight in the front for lower spin.  The pro shop I was going to for my fitting let me play a full 18 with the setup to see how it felt on the course.  I was about 5 yards away from driving a green on a 345 yard par 4.  I normally lay up to a good number, but I figured I'd go for it since I was testing the driver.

The main reason I went with the Ping G LST over this driver was the accuracy of the Ping.  Besides that one great drive mentioned above, I didn't hit as many fairways as I would have liked.  When I took out the Ping, that's what I was looking for both distance and accuracy.  The Cobra did well to keep up, and even out drove the Ping in a few spots.  I would just rather have a little less yardage and be in the fairway than farther on the wrong fairway.

I honestly didn't really care about the connect technology.  I don't like playing with my phone in my pocket and I would just do quick math to find out how far I hit the drive with my rangefinder.  The only thing that worried me about the connect was what would happen once you wanted to regrip the driver.  Would you know lose that since it's in the grip?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I played another 18 after work today with the F7+ and hit some serious bombs. The more I use this driver, the better I'm hitting it. I think part of it is how much I'm enjoying the HZRDUS Yellow shaft. Another thing I find interesting is that I ordered the driver .25 inches short assuming that would make it 45 inches since the specs on their website list it at 45.25". I put it up against my buddies 45 inch EPIC driver and my F7+ is a quarter inch shorter than his. I compared it against a couple of other drivers in my garage when I got home and it is indeed 44.75" now. Maybe that's why I'm hitting it so well. I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my Ping G400 LST pre-order at this point. This driver is just fun to use.

I ordered mine at 44.5 for that reason...can't wait for it to get here!

I ordered mine at 44.5 for that reason...can't wait for it to get here!

You're gonna it! ❤️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The Cobra F7+ was actually the driver that was the runner-up when I was looking for a new driver.  I ended up going with the Ping G LST.  The Cobra was very long off the tee and I loved the Project X HZRDUS shaft in that driver.  I also liked the looks of the driver.  My preferred setting was to put the weight in the front for lower spin.  The pro shop I was going to for my fitting let me play a full 18 with the setup to see how it felt on the course.  I was about 5 yards away from driving a green on a 345 yard par 4.  I normally lay up to a good number, but I figured I'd go for it since I was testing the driver.

The main reason I went with the Ping G LST over this driver was the accuracy of the Ping.  Besides that one great drive mentioned above, I didn't hit as many fairways as I would have liked.  When I took out the Ping, that's what I was looking for both distance and accuracy.  The Cobra did well to keep up, and even out drove the Ping in a few spots.  I would just rather have a little less yardage and be in the fairway than farther on the wrong fairway.

I honestly didn't really care about the connect technology.  I don't like playing with my phone in my pocket and I would just do quick math to find out how far I hit the drive with my rangefinder.  The only thing that worried me about the connect was what would happen once you wanted to regrip the driver.  Would you know lose that since it's in the grip?

Here you go... http://www.cobragolf.com/cobra-connect-grips

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• 3 weeks later...

I can honestly say I don't think that I have EVER had this kind of confidence with a driver like I have with the F7+

I stand on the tee box knowing I can put the ball not only in the fairway, but in part of the fairway that I want it to be......that's a game changer!

I think I could see my index falling several strokes as a direct result of this driver.

Archived