TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - COBRA F7/F7+ Drivers

Morning bump

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning bump

Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Bump

Great job drewneddy, glad you found "the one".

When I hit these babies at the demo day. They almost sound like a solid piece of metal. Very authoritative sound they make. And I couldn't hit a bad shot with them. They look nice and compact, I need to quit reading this review before I'm sleeping on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Great Stage 2's guys.  That's what this site is about, honest feedback on real world testing, well done!!

Drew...I'm not sure if you get bonus points or groans of envy, for testing on Pinehurst No. 2.  Can't think of a better place to put it through the paces..HA

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That was actually from last August. I wanted to put some swing pics/vids up and those are the only ones I was able to get this year. Seems like I haven't played a low key casual round in almost a month.

That was actually from last August. I wanted to put some swing pics/vids up and those are the only ones I was able to get this year. Seems like I haven't played a low key casual round in almost a month.

Ah...gotcha!!  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Absolutely killer job on the reviews guys!

Drew, pretty cool you got fit into the HZRDOUS Yellow. After being fit for it last year and gaming it this season I have to honestly say there's nothing out there that feels like that shaft. Just phenomenal!

Great job!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Stage 2: June 13, 2017

Kudos to the Cobra team on a club head well made. I love the classic shape and feel. And thanks to the MGS staff for allowing me to test it for myself against the "big boys". I'll be providing updates on my accuracy and distance going into my stage 3 review. I'm excited to see how far I can improve from my old distance and accuracy numbers. Praying for some dry weather so I can finally crack the 300yd mark!

attachicon.gifA5E09C9F-C4AD-4822-8B05-2198132F1684.JPG

Wow what a great read!  I may have some questions later however as of now, you and DawgDaddy  have covered all the bases.   I love it when reviews like this are available for the public.  With this kind of info potential buyers have plenty of ammo to make wiser choices.  Well done!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Time for a bump!

Congrats, long and straight is awesome!

Morning bump

Either of you compare it against he King LTD?

No Sir, Just against the club that is in my bag.  The Cally GBB. 

Bumping

Just a friendly bump! 

Got an opportunity to get a round in with drewneddy on Saturday and while I didn't get a chance to see the previous shaft/head combination I can definitely say the HZRDOUS Yellow and Cobra head make one deadly combination. Long and straight with excellent control over shot shape is how I would explain the ball flight to someone.

There are various spots on the course we played that we are both familiar with where a typical drive would land and he was carrying them time after time.

This combo is definitely impressive!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Got an opportunity to get a round in with drewneddy on Saturday and while I didn't get a chance to see the previous shaft/head combination I can definitely say the HZRDOUS Yellow and Cobra head make one deadly combination. Long and straight with excellent control over shot shape is how I would explain the ball flight to someone.

There are various spots on the course we played that we are both familiar with where a typical drive would land and he was carrying them time after time.

This combo is definitely impressive!

Thanks Shawn!!

9/14 fairways put me in position to really score. 2 eagle opportunities from within 20ft... 35 putts had other plans for my final number.

Can't even put into words how important a proper fitting is for golfers. You're already making a $400+ investment. Get fit, and if numbers say you need an upgraded shaft then get it!! Make the investment in your game. And shaft is something that is easily transferable.

Like in two years if I want the 2019 Cobra and my swing doesn't drastically change, I'll get only the head and have my fitter swap this shaft into the new model.

Thanks Shawn!!

9/14 fairways put me in position to really score. 2 eagle opportunities from within 20ft... 35 putts had other plans for my final number.

Can't even put into words how important a proper fitting is for golfers. You're already making a $400+ investment. Get fit, and if numbers say you need an upgraded shaft then get it!! Make the investment in your game. And shaft is something that is easily transferable.

Like in two years if I want the 2019 Cobra and my swing doesn't drastically change, I'll get only the head and have my fitter swap this shaft into the new model.

Absolutely man!

And great point on the shaft. Also, the great thing about finding a shaft that fits you is that even if you find a new head from a different OEM you can always swap the tip on the end and game it on any manufacturers head.

As for the scoring, yes the putter let you down at the end, but I'd bet another round through DCC could lend itself to a pretty low round for yourself.

But yes, as drew said getting fit is absolutely crucial. It would be a great test to head out to the course with both shafts and hit some balls and see the difference in performance. To actually quantify it.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Good stuff guys, I am so glad that drewneddy has found that special combo we all search for.   Long and straight is awesome. 

Archived