TESTERS WANTED! ×

Drives that were mis hit badly.But still went longer than normal

Big money

Ok.We all had it happen.We hit a skanky-heeled-toed-thinned-pop up(list is endless) drive.One would think that a mis hit of this magnitude would be a short strike.But low and behold the distance exceeded your expectations.Couldve been wind/hard pan/or even cart path assistance that helped

I for one had a 3 wood that i hit a nasty pull hook on a dog leg left par 4.We never saw the Ball land and assumed it was in deep heather.At my amazement my ball ended up 50 yards from the green on a 410 par 4.The only conceivable way the ball got this far was a cart path that ran down the whole left side to the green.No other explanation,and the ball had some nasty chew marks on it as well backing our assumptions .Unfortunately I didn't take advantage of the situation and 3 putted for a bogey

Let's hear some drives that went long for you after mis hitting poorly.And ones that completely bested your expectations.This can also include par 3 holes as well

(Edit)I will never consider that 3 wood my longest drive ever.It was pure fluke and chance.It must have bounced and rolled on the cart path just perfectly all the way to the green.The hole was down hill hard right to left.Hit that cart path in the prefect spot and kept on going.Wish they had a camera on the course to catch that shot

Keep it in the short stuff

It was on the 10th par 5 playing 520. Hit it low toe and it went due sideways to the left and it couldn't have been more than 10 feet off the ground. I just kind of groaned at what I thought was a miss hit. My dad wasn't paying attention and asked me where it was. I said I hit it sideways about 200 which is my bad hit distance. So we get up to the ball and it has rolled out to be a 322 yard drive that just hung onto the fairway. Had a nice 5 iron on to the green and made birdie. Still have no clue how it went that far.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Some of my longest drives are mishits. I have a tendency to occasionally hit a nice hard pull left.

These pulls are usually dead straight and longer than my normal drive, no fade at all but, they are usually in the fairway left of ours or in the woods. At least if they're in the next fairway I have a somewhat chance at playing it.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

This happens to me every once in a while, and it makes me wonder how far it would've gone had I hit it straight. I can't recall any specific moments, but I know it's happened.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Down in FL over SB this year I hit a horribly struck toey ball and it knuckled up in the wind. I was looking for my ball about 70 yards out and thought I had lost my ball. The group in front of me was yelling towards me, I drove the 360 yard green. They were really cool about it though it was all good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

I'm quite sure that exactly zero of my badly, mishit balls have ever gone exceptionally far! Well, I hit one into a parking lot once. It went a long ways, a long ways out of bounds!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I'm quite sure that exactly zero of my badly, mishit balls have ever gone exceptionally far! Well, I hit one into a parking lot once. It went a long ways, a long ways out of bounds!

I have a similar story, one I may have told before.   I had a mis-hit that may have gone for miles, literally.   It landed in the back of a dirt filled dump truck traveling down the road beside the fairway.  

I have a similar story, one I may have told before.   I had a mis-hit that may have gone for miles, literally.   It landed in the back of a dirt filled dump truck traveling down the road beside the fairway.  

:D  :D  :D

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I was standing on a tee box and hit a drive that was pretty much a hook. Right side was a slope downhill to a flat area then OB. Couldn't find the ball in the general area we all looked at. My other playing partners hit and Carolina Golfer 2 looks at the middle of the fairway and sees a ball 30yds perpendicular to where we were. We though itwas our playing partner's golf ball. Driver over and yup, my ball. We didn't see or hear it hit anything and the trees were far enough to the right that it definitely didn't hit them. We though it might of hit a cart path wooden marker. I think it was a miniature black hole that sucked my golf ball in and spit it out onto the fairway ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Had one of these happen today on the course. Par 4 about 320 with a island green going down hill. I always hit my 3 wood down because it sets up will for a wedge into the green. This time it popped way off high toe and I lost it as it went on into the trees. Being that it was a crappy day and it was only me on the course I grabbed another ball and hit the nice little draw where I had intended on hitting my first one. Grabbed my tee and went on down to continue the hole.

Much to my surprise both balls were within 10 yards of each other and in great spots! No idea how it got there, but I was quite happy to see it there in the middle of the fairway. Ended up with a par and onto the next hole!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Playing in a scramble one of my first years golfing we came up to a par 4 about 400 yards. Went straight off the tees about 300 then an almost 90* turn to the left to the green. From the tees you can't see the green because of trees and there's water pretty much right up to the fairway on the last part of the hole up to the green. Probably at least 290 carry from the tees.

I was hitting my driver well that day, so I was to hit first and just put it down the middle. I stepped up and hammered it but caught it off the toe. Started going left over the water and we never saw it come down. So the rest of the group hit and next shot we were on the green.

Driving up to the green we could see a ball at the front of the green, quite a ways off line from where any of our balls were going. Walked over to it, and low and behold it was my drive!

That hole also happened to be men's long drive. So drove back and got the card. Would've loved to see the faces of the guys behind us who came up and saw that! Looking back, not sure if it should've counted or not considering it technically wasn't in the fairway. Oh well.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Last week first hole, hit the thinnest drive you can muster and not top it. It goes streaking down the gut about 10 ft off of the ground hits twice and buries itself in the side of a green side bunker. The hole is 345 from the blues... best worst drive ever.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

He who misses best wins in golf. Or at least whoever gets to the ball first..

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Hit a drive at our sister course last year on the par 5 9th hole and hooked it a bit, it doglegs slightly to the right, so I missed the big tree guarding the right side of the fairway and it landed smack in he middle of the cart path, and it bounced about 4 times then kicked a little left and I had 85 yards in. Although I was completely blocked out by a massive tree. I hit A horrible drive that needed up way better than it should have. I made an easy par, but it could have been a grinding out bogey.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived