TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

We have all of our Stage 1's up!

Let's get some discussion going so our testers know what they should be answering their Stage 2 reviews!

My question is one that would be a make or break for me, how does it feel on the wrist and more importantly how does it interact with your glove?

The watch doesn't interfere with my glove, but the watch band is thick. I've inquired about buying a different band: no luck. This is the only band they have. I wear an Apple Watch a lot and I'm used to that band which is light and somewhat sleek. This band is thicker and stiffer. The gaps between notches aren't great for my wrist, so I end-up having to wear it tighter than I'd like. I would LOVE to switch out the band!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had no luck syncing and getting stats or even a scorecard to edit. None of the shots have logged for me through 2 rounds.

My first round was 18 holes starting on #10. It gave me a 9 hole blank scorecard to edit and no locations of shots.

Second round was same thing. I'd edit the scorecard, get to #6 and it would wipe out holes 1-5...

Troubleshooting thoughts?

Just received mine today. Kind of a pain to have to download two apps (skygolf 360 and skycaddie mobile app) for it (which I didn't realize and had to call in for), but after a few hiccups, everything is loaded and ready to go. Wish I had it last week when I played 4 rounds!

Putting it on, it's a very comfortable watch, although a tad bulky. I'm used to wearing a Fitbit charge so it feels fairly normal to me.

A few things I'm wondering about...

1. How does it handle punch shots? I'm in the trees sometimes and have punch out so a 4 iron may only go 110 yards. Does this get factored in?

2. Choke down/half shots/green side bunker shots - these go shorter distances. How do they factor in? Do you just delete them?

3. Will it track average distance from the hole? This is an exciting thought for me if it does. I read that the difference between a Web.com and Pga Tour player is that the PGA guys hit it 2 ft closer to the pin on average. 1ee2ab16900fe467e91907c89afcaf21.jpgb33dc54e25dc476a1817f16afe90a3b5.jpge92f5353920ae807411f44074c638f19.jpg6c05f287c4bb4ade02be8bf4b19289a8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

You will definitely have to go into your round and delete shots if you record the 1/2 shots, etc

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm really excited to hear more about these, I've been on the fence about game golf and arccos for awhile now....I don't like the "tagging" part of Game Golf and with Arccos you have to keep your phone on your person with the newest version to register shots and the older version requires your phone to be with you fit accurate GPS.

Does the watch have built in GPS or is it using the GPS of your phone like arccos?

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

You will definitely have to go into your round and delete shots if you record the 1/2 shots, etc

So it'll only record the shot if you tap it...but if you don't tap it, it won't count as a shot for scoring statistics...so there's no way to really get around it is there? I need to research it more. Seems like a great system, but lacking clear direction to begin using it.

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm really excited to hear more about these, I've been on the fence about game golf and arccos for awhile now....I don't like the "tagging" part of Game Golf and with Arccos you have to keep your phone on your person with the newest version to register shots and the older version requires your phone to be with you fit accurate GPS.

Does the watch have built in GPS or is it using the GPS of your phone like arccos?

I believe it's GPS on the actual wrist watch itself.

So it'll only record the shot if you tap it...but if you don't tap it, it won't count as a shot for scoring statistics...so there's no way to really get around it is there? I need to research it more. Seems like a great system, but lacking clear direction to begin using it.

There is autoshot tracking. It just will track distance and not the actual club you hit. To get more exact stats you would need to tap it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It has built in GPS, but can also use your phones GPS for better accuracy. There's also an autoswing function...http://clubsg.skygolf.com/content/faq/skycaddie+products/skycaddie+linx+gt/performance+tracking/6-6410-AutoSwing_explanation.html

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have never worn a golf watch before and rarely wear a regular watch but I am pleasantly surprised with how the watch feels.  I don't mind it and have had success with the yardage numbers it gives, especially the number to the front and the back of the green which you don't always have a reference for.   I am struggling with the shot tracking.  IT is another process and adds another element to think about when some of us already need to get out of our own way!

Respectfully,

Jeff Wall

RE/MAX Results

Broker Associate, Realtor

RE/MAX Hall of Fame

jeff@JWResults.com

It is a nice watch, however 2 rounds this weekend, one round, it kept saying no GPS. Maybe Im just used to the ease of my apple watch everyday, this seems to be less user friendly than I'd like. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I was hoping to try this out this week, but we have insane storms going on and have received 6+ inches of rain overnight and it's still raining. I'm afraid to think about how long courses may be closed.... But thankfully my house is dry.

It is a nice watch, however 2 rounds this weekend, one round, it kept saying no GPS. Maybe Im just used to the ease of my apple watch everyday, this seems to be less user friendly than I'd like.

You may want to contact CS. It should pickup GPS after the initial finding of the course. Maybe the GPS chip in the watch is having issues.

You may want to contact CS. It should pickup GPS after the initial finding of the course. Maybe the GPS chip in the watch is having issues.

I did, we reset it and checked it using the fitness GPS. 

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So I got this out on the course this morning. I had to play the same 9 twice because the backside is under water with all of the rain we've received in the past week. The front was very wet, but very playable. The watch picked up the course within a minute which was nice.

I'll say the watch is comfortable to wear. I don't even notice it being there which is nice. The person at Skycaddie told me he just wanted me to use the 'Rangefinder' gpa part of the watch my first few rounds and 'autoswing' would pick up my shots and distances and such. So I just used the GPS on the watch. It was nice to have the front middle and back, although I was a little shakey not having the exact distance to the pin as I usually do with my rangefinder. So I did that for both nines. Distances seemed good as I verified with my rangefinder a few times. I did have to start 2 separate rounds because I was playing the front side twice.

Afterwards I needed to hook up the watch to my computer and download some software so that it could sync up. I have to say this is a PAIN in the butt. I don't understand why it can't just sync up with the app on the phone (If this is possible, I couldn't figure it out). But maybe that comes later. I was just following the directions the guy gave me. I then had to go in and put my scores in hole by hole, along with putts and hit/missed fairways.

I'm not sure why, but I don't see anything about 'autoswings' anywhere in the apps or on the Skygolf360 website. It's all kind of maddening really. So I guess it didn't track any of the swings or distances with the 'autoswing' feature so I'm not quite sure how to remedy that part.

So far, the pain of all the different steps to upload and score and sync make me think people may want to stay far away from this thing.... We'll see how things progress. I hope I'm just hitting bumps in the road as I'm starting to use it. Maybe there should be a seminar online for new users! haha.

Hoping we get to play our league tomorrow and I"ll try again.

Does the app show your path from tee to green visually? If you guys get into some adventurous holes, please share those photos for a good laugh.

Conversely, it would be cool to see some excellent recoveries as well.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

So I got this out on the course this morning. I had to play the same 9 twice because the backside is under water with all of the rain we've received in the past week. The front was very wet, but very playable. The watch picked up the course within a minute which was nice.

I'll say the watch is comfortable to wear. I don't even notice it being there which is nice. The person at Skycaddie told me he just wanted me to use the 'Rangefinder' gpa part of the watch my first few rounds and 'autoswing' would pick up my shots and distances and such. So I just used the GPS on the watch. It was nice to have the front middle and back, although I was a little shakey not having the exact distance to the pin as I usually do with my rangefinder. So I did that for both nines. Distances seemed good as I verified with my rangefinder a few times. I did have to start 2 separate rounds because I was playing the front side twice.

Afterwards I needed to hook up the watch to my computer and download some software so that it could sync up. I have to say this is a PAIN in the butt. I don't understand why it can't just sync up with the app on the phone (If this is possible, I couldn't figure it out). But maybe that comes later. I was just following the directions the guy gave me. I then had to go in and put my scores in hole by hole, along with putts and hit/missed fairways.

I'm not sure why, but I don't see anything about 'autoswings' anywhere in the apps or on the Skygolf360 website. It's all kind of maddening really. So I guess it didn't track any of the swings or distances with the 'autoswing' feature so I'm not quite sure how to remedy that part.

So far, the pain of all the different steps to upload and score and sync make me think people may want to stay far away from this thing.... We'll see how things progress. I hope I'm just hitting bumps in the road as I'm starting to use it. Maybe there should be a seminar online for new users! haha.

Hoping we get to play our league tomorrow and I"ll try again.

You have to do all the stuff online because they don't want us using the app right now. When you use the app during the round it is my understanding you won't have to do anything post round if you use the tags and such too. Auto swing also failed for me as well. Had my score as 21 and I couldn't even find the 21 shots it said it recorded. Had to input everything online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

You have to do all the stuff online because they don't want us using the app right now. When you use the app during the round it is my understanding you won't have to do anything post round if you use the tags and such too. Auto swing also failed for me as well. Had my score as 21 and I couldn't even find the 21 shots it said it recorded. Had to input everything online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. I was going crazy.

Official Forum Member Review

attachicon.gifsky caddie 1.jpg

Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch and Shot Tracking System

Super Dave Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

Kieldog Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

mnfats Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

jacustomgolf Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

mattf Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

JW Results Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3

Am I included on this? Just got the device a week ago, have done the setup and registration info but nothing on how to review for MGS

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Am I included on this? Just got the device a week ago, have done the setup and registration info but nothing on how to review for MGS

You can do your own review. Those of us on the list you quoted were chosen to test and review the watch for MGS. Hence this review thread.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You can do your own review. Those of us on the list you quoted were chosen to test and review the watch for MGS. Hence this review thread.

A bunch of other folks were also given the opportunity through MGS as well...a few weeks after the original guys were chosen which is why you'll probably see a few more of us posting in here.

IMG_5523.JPG

I get this every time I play our 10th thru 12th holes. Very odd

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

attachicon.gifIMG_5523.JPG

I get this every time I play our 10th thru 12th holes. Very odd

It's telling you to go for it! Tell them "I didn't pay $65 to lay up!"

I'm in the Beta test from SkyCaddy, didn't know it was separate from this review

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

A bunch of other folks were also given the opportunity through MGS as well...a few weeks after the original guys were chosen which is why you'll probably see a few more of us posting in here.

I think more for beta testing the software than anything else.

I've already had mine fail and have to send back for a replacement. Seems to be a lot of software issues they are having.

I've already had mine fail and have to send back for a replacement. Seems to be a lot of software issues they are having.

Gotcha. I guess us beta tester s don't have to post in here. I didn't realize it was different. Don't want to hijack anything.

You're right mate, anything you can add would be beneficial not only to the members here but Skygolf too, as I'm sure they're watching this thread.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Mine too...

One thing I really dont like, they need an option for the shot tracking post shot/hole that categorizes a shot. If I punch a 4 iron from the trees 50 yards, I should be able to label it punch and not count it to the total yardage averages vs not tracking at all. 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Mine too...

One thing I really dont like, they need an option for the shot tracking post shot/hole that categorizes a shot. If I punch a 4 iron from the trees 50 yards, I should be able to label it punch and not count it to the total yardage averages vs not tracking at all.

To add to that, average punch/flop/half swing distances could be useful information when deciding what to do in tricky lies.

one thing I want to add that might help others like me...I dreaded playing golf with a watch on.  I tried my apple watch a few times last year and hated it so much it came off around the 4th hole each time.  With the Linx GT I had no issues at all.  I put it on before I left home to "get used to it" but it is so light and comfortable I had no issues with it at all.  In fact I found myself still wearing it when I got home because I forgot to take it off.  

So if the thought of wearing a watch during golf is keeping you from trying this then it is likely a concern you will get over quickly upon wearing this.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Archived