TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

one thing I want to add that might help others like me...I dreaded playing golf with a watch on. I tried my apple watch a few times last year and hated it so much it came off around the 4th hole each time. With the Linx GT I had no issues at all. I put it on before I left home to "get used to it" but it is so light and comfortable I had no issues with it at all. In fact I found myself still wearing it when I got home because I forgot to take it off.

So if the thought of wearing a watch during golf is keeping you from trying this then it is likely a concern you will get over quickly upon wearing this.

I agree it's very comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so a weird thing happened today.  I updated my watch and it synced with the web again and actually added another round to my scores.  it was the last 4 holes of my round saturday.  when I went to delete it I saw that it had tracked my autoswings (mostly) correctly.  Anyway, I looked at the last 4 holes and thought it was cool I could see my shots but I deleted the "round" and moved on.

So for the heck of it I opened my real round from Saturday and lo and behold there were my autoswings from the first 14 holes!  The last 4 holes didn't have anything so somehow it split my round into two rounds.  I went and added my shots from the 4 hole round and now I have a full round of golf with all my shots/distances.  

That gives me hope for my round Saturday and maybe the bugs are getting worked out and the autoswing feature will work better for me.  in the end though, I dont mind tagging my clubs during the round so I dont have to do any post round editing.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Just so everyone knows, this thing has notifications, for texts etc. Sometimes they work, most of the time they dont, like all round today, except for my 2 footer on 18. The vibration in the backswing of my putt to let me know i had a text did wonders... Turn the notifications off, 

Also that putt was for my first ever 89. Another 90 in the books.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

so a weird thing happened today. I updated my watch and it synced with the web again and actually added another round to my scores. it was the last 4 holes of my round saturday. when I went to delete it I saw that it had tracked my autoswings (mostly) correctly. Anyway, I looked at the last 4 holes and thought it was cool I could see my shots but I deleted the "round" and moved on.

So for the heck of it I opened my real round from Saturday and lo and behold there were my autoswings from the first 14 holes! The last 4 holes didn't have anything so somehow it split my round into two rounds. I went and added my shots from the 4 hole round and now I have a full round of golf with all my shots/distances.

That gives me hope for my round Saturday and maybe the bugs are getting worked out and the autoswing feature will work better for me. in the end though, I dont mind tagging my clubs during the round so I dont have to do any post round editing.

It got my whole 9 for my league Monday... With a couple of missed shots. It was kinda cool.

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

It got my whole 9 for my league Monday... With a couple of missed shots. It was kinda cool.

Did you see that you can clear out the club selection for your chips and such so that it doesn't skew your average? I think you had asked about that previously.

Obviously one round doesn't give me reliable averages for clubs but the thought of knowing solid club averages after 10 rounds or so is cool.

Also will help with my red tie driver shaft review I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Did you see that you can clear out the club selection for your chips and such so that it doesn't skew your average? I think you had asked about that previously.

Obviously one round doesn't give me reliable averages for clubs but the thought of knowing solid club averages after 10 rounds or so is cool.

Also will help with my red tie driver shaft review I'd imagine.

It was all autotrack of the swings so I wasn't tapping any shots. That's good to know when I do start using it though. Pretty cool.

It was all autotrack of the swings so I wasn't tapping any shots. That's good to know when I do start using it though. Pretty cool.

You can go on the web or app after the round and add the clubs if you want. And if you remember what clubs you hit, lol

WITB:

You can go on the web or app after the round and add the clubs if you want. And if you remember what clubs you hit, lol

Yeah I started and then I was like "uh no" hahahaha. I had a hard time figuring out how to do the arrows for when I hit one OB. I'm still on a learning curve.

See my Stage 2 posted on the first page!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Great review Kiel! I definitely get the sense you thoroughly tested the product.

I must say I'm disappointed that this product is struggling because it's a totally awesome concept. I wonder if they can update their way into a functioning product.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

See my Stage 2 posted on the first page!!!

My watch is also stuck on "Sync" while connected to the computer, even hours after the sync is complete.  I let Nathan at Skycaddie know so hopefully there is an update they can push to fix this. 

WITB:

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

The stage two's are done great!!! It makes me feel like you really put it through the ringer. I am doing the betatest and feeling the same pains, which makes me feel a little better about my issues.  

Agree that the yearly fee makes it a little rough to swallow when other watches dont charge it. 

They have a great product once the bugs get worked out

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

syncing this thing post round is laborious, I'm playing tomorrow with the app and tagging clubs so I hope that makes it easier.

WITB:

Syncing was easier today since I used the tags and the app on course. When I got home and synced via the web it tossed my front nine stats. Lame

Before that I had issue getting it to add a drive that it missed as well as remove a SW chip that it was using for my averages. Hopefully the beta testing helps them work out the issues. Seems to be quite a few issues software side.

I love it as a gps watch tho.

WITB:

This has been a complete mess for me so far.

I lost a full round syncing.

The scoring and tags have been no where close to accurate. Most of my synced round scores have been for 18 holes between 6 and 15 lol.

This has not been a user friendly product so far.

It's been pretty easy syncing it up for me after the first go round. I do have to fix clubs as I sometimes forget to mark the club before my shot.

I will say that editing things on the website and the hole maps has been difficult m you have to navigate between different screens to change shot locations, clubs/ scores/putts/fairways/etc... Which is a pain.

Autotrack hasn't missed any shots, although I have had a few extras added a couple of times.

Distances have been great from the watch. Looking forward to continuing to learn the features.

Nathan was able to get my deleted round added back in.  I did have to go make some of my original changes again and it still wanted to hang onto a 23 yard SW pitch in my averages.  No matter what I did it wouldn't let me leave the club selection for that shot blank so I changed it to my putter and moved on.   it seems like they really want to use our feedback/issues to make this a solid product.  Looking forward to the coming weeks of working thru it with them.

WITB:

How quickly does this thing charge for you? I left it plugged in over night and it didn't charge at all. I plugged it in this afternoon when I left and turned it a few different ways and it seemed to be charging. Came home 3 hours later and it went from 20% to 70%. Seems slow... Thoughts?

Just a few hours to go from 50% to 100% for me

WITB:

How quickly does this thing charge for you? I left it plugged in over night and it didn't charge at all. I plugged it in this afternoon when I left and turned it a few different ways and it seemed to be charging. Came home 3 hours later and it went from 20% to 70%. Seems slow... Thoughts?

I have had the same issue with the charging. I find cleaning the sensors after playing helps it. If there is dirt or sweat on them from the round this will cause a poor or no charge.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Just a few hours to go from 50% to 100% for me

Same here. No real issues...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Credit and thanks to all you guys for diligently testing and providing the feedback to SC.  Seems like as others have said, they really like the feedback from everyone.   I'll be following the long term results of watch. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Nathan has been really helpful.  I hope to see some updates based on our feedback and if they can get things in order I might consider the annual fee but at this point I wouldn't pay it when there are other options out there that are free.  Of course that's the whole point of beta testing so its going to be a fun ride I think 

WITB:

Nathan has been really helpful. I hope to see some updates based on our feedback and if they can get things in order I might consider the annual fee but at this point I wouldn't pay it when there are other options out there that are free. Of course that's the whole point of beta testing so its going to be a fun ride I think

When you tag shots, are you tagging half/punch/chips along with full shots? I feel like it'd mess up distances if you do. Here's a scorecard from today. It kept track really well, with only a few fixes due to me hitting extra shots/putts while I waited.

9892c4d3882ad97f5f7c648257a1a238.jpg

I tag every shot so that it gets accurate distances. I go into the app and clear the club post round so my distances aren't skewed

WITB:

I just timed the charging of my watch. On a quick charge USB port it charges at about 20% an hour.

I haven't timed it on a non quick charge port, but the first time I charged the watch it was on a different port and it seemed like it too overnight to charge it from half.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Archived