Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

The autoswing feature is not working properly and the synching feature does not work anymore either...? Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When you attempt to sync, is it not reading the watch? I wear sunscreen every round and sometimes it will get on the watch and won't read on the laptop when I sync. Take a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol and swab the four magnets where you attach the USB cord. That takes care of it for me. 

The autoswing has worked about 95% of the time for me. Every now and then when I check my stuff on the computer, I'll see a missed shot or wayward shot. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you attempt to sync, is it not reading the watch? I wear sunscreen every round and sometimes it will get on the watch and won't read on the laptop when I sync. Take a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol and swab the four magnets where you attach the USB cord. That takes care of it for me.

The autoswing has worked about 95% of the time for me. Every now and then when I check my stuff on the computer, I'll see a missed shot or wayward shot.

Mine is the other way. When I'm able to sync my round scores are between 6 and 11... which is obviously incorrect

Had issues yesterday, was spraying the ball in to the other fairway, so the watch thought I was playing that hole. 

Really need an easier way to scan the club and have it not count to the average, for chips, pitches, etc. I know just dont scan it, but then I start to forget to scan them all. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I played yesterday and even though I tagged my shots and the watch read them correctly and they appeared correct on each hole map, the scorecard was showing incorrect clubs. I emailed Nathan (poor guy probably getting flooded with emails on this test), but haven't heard back. 

On the bright side, I've played 6 rounds with this watch and despite my putting woes, my scores have dropped an average of 2 strokes. I previously used a laser range finder but this GPS watch is doing wonders for course strategy. Of the six rounds, four have been at courses I've never played/play only a few times a year. So while the technology still has bugs, the scores have reflected the benefit of this watch. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Had issues yesterday, was spraying the ball in to the other fairway, so the watch thought I was playing that hole.

Really need an easier way to scan the club and have it not count to the average, for chips, pitches, etc. I know just dont scan it, but then I start to forget to scan them all.

It's pretty easy to change the holes on the watch with the buttons on the top and bottom of the right side of the watch...at least for me it is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

When you tag shots, are you tagging half/punch/chips along with full shots? I feel like it'd mess up distances if you do. Here's a scorecard from today. It kept track really well, with only a few fixes due to me hitting extra shots/putts while I waited.

9892c4d3882ad97f5f7c648257a1a238.jpg

The GT2 manual says to use the divot tool on shots like that. The club will show up as "---" but it will record the shot.

Driver:  Mizuno JPX-900

3 Wood:  Mizuno JPX-900

3 Hybrid:  Mizuno JPX-900

4 Hybrid:  Mizuno JPX-900

Irons:  (5-6) Mizuno MH-5, (7-PW) Mizuno MP-5

50°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

54°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

58°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

Putter:  Odyssey O-Works #9 (WBW)

Ball: Snell MTB-Red

The GT2 manual says to use the divot tool on shots like that. The club will show up as "---" but it will record the shot.

I was just going to mention this! Nathan just emailed me that this morning. Thanks!

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Just went to sync my round from this morning and nothing. It shows two blank rounds...with none of my marked shots. Watch had trouble finding the course. Had to restart it a few times until it did.

It's pretty easy to change the holes on the watch with the buttons on the top and bottom of the right side of the watch...at least for me it is.

Easy to do, if you know it auto switched holes. I sliced my drive on hole one in to hole 7 fairway, the rest of hole 1, it had me playing hole 7.  (Wasnt really paying attention to distance because it was my home course and I know what clubs to hit) 

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Divot tool? 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Divot tool?

The GameTracker tags come with a ball mark/divot fork tool. Another smart tag is permanently embedded in the top of that tool and can be used for non-standard shots.

The GameTracker tags come with a ball mark/divot fork tool. Another smart tag is permanently embedded in the top of that tool and can be used for non-standard shots.

Ahhh...that all makes sense. Thanks for this bit of information. I had no idea why they included a divot tool.

For those with the smart tags, how do you tag your putter if you have a counter core superstroke grip? 

• Lefty

Ahhh...that all makes sense. Thanks for this bit of information. I had no idea why they included a divot tool.

For those with the smart tags, how do you tag your putter if you have a counter core superstroke grip?

Set the divot tool as your putter. I have found it slow to tag tho and as a divot tool it kinda stinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Hey all,

make sure to check our SuperDave and JW Results Stage 2's! 

We are almost through the rotation and still need to hear from Matt so be on the lookout for the that!

Let's keep the discussion rolling though!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Set the divot tool as your putter. I have found it slow to tag tho and as a divot tool it kinda stinks

I sliced the "screw" portion off and superglued the tag to a spare ball marker that I wear on the bill of my hat (I keep my actual ball marker in my pocket).

Ahh mine didnt have a divot tool

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I never knew this! Pretty cool. Would've saved me a few times....

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

How quickly does this thing charge for you? I left it plugged in over night and it didn't charge at all. I plugged it in this afternoon when I left and turned it a few different ways and it seemed to be charging. Came home 3 hours later and it went from 20% to 70%. Seems slow... Thoughts?

Had a similar situation with my Linx GT. I took a soft toothbrush and cleaned the 4 gold plated contacts and have not had a problem since.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The watch worked well today. I was in live mode with the app running and it really makes post round editing a breeze. Right now autoswing/autoscore is just not accurate so it's much easier to edit post hole rather than post round. I'll say again that deleting clubs on chips and such post round is not very convenient or reliable. It takes a few times for it to save and it doesn't like when you edit two clubs on a hole it seems. I am afraid to sync my watch online though since it totally screwed up my round last time but I know the watch needs to be updated. Guess we will find out soon...

Still like the watch as a gps device. Doubtful I would pay a subscription for the tagging and shot tracking stuff and if I am reading the web correctly you have to subscribe at the lowest level just to get anything other than middle of green distances. With other options that don't require subscription and the fact that shot tracking isn't really a goal for me, I am not sure if I would stick with this after the subscription expires or not.

More to come...

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

The watch worked well today. I was in live mode with the app running and it really makes post round editing a breeze. Right now autoswing/autoscore is just not accurate so it's much easier to edit post hole rather than post round. I'll say again that deleting clubs on chips and such post round is not very convenient or reliable. It takes a few times for it to save and it doesn't like when you edit two clubs on a hole it seems. I am afraid to sync my watch online though since it totally screwed up my round last time but I know the watch needs to be updated. Guess we will find out soon...

Still like the watch as a gps device. Doubtful I would pay a subscription for the tagging and shot tracking stuff and if I am reading the web correctly you have to subscribe at the lowest level just to get anything other than middle of green distances. With other options that don't require subscription and the fact that shot tracking isn't really a goal for me, I am not sure if I would stick with this after the subscription expires or not.

More to come...

That's disappointing that they still require a subscription after you purchase the package. How much does it cost new? $250 or more? That really doesn't sit well with me that the company wants to turn you up by the ankles and empty your pockets just so you can use all the features that barely work anyway.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

How much does it cost new? $250 or more? That really doesn't sit well with me that the company wants to turn you up by the ankles and empty your pockets just so you can use all the features that barely work anyway.

It's $350. My stage 2 will be up today and I'll be addressing that.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Mine won't sync through the app. Says it can't find it, even though my phone shows it as available to sync up.

Autoswing has been fairly good for me, although yesterday, it only recorded hopes 8-18. Forgot about the first 7 I guess.

I like the GPS features, but I do struggle with editing afterwards on my computer. I can't seem to edit the score/putts on the same screen as the hole view where you can edit your shots. I feel like it should all be in one screen.

And while I like looking at the stats and such, I'm losing a bit of interest at the moment... Especially thinking about the yearly subscription... Even more so because of the release Shot Scope seems to have laying in the weeds.

Keep on trucking.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Great review. Love the honest remarks. It's too bad this system is doing so poorly with our testers. Maybe Skycaddie will take the feedback into their next release.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Very nice detailed and honest review Matt!  Thanks for the input and great pictures that give a good illustration of the product. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just uploaded my round from today. I was going through editing it, as it seemed to have picked up 11 extra shots, and then all of a sudden the scorecard was blank. We'll see if they can retrieve it. I'm a bit disappointed in 11 extra shots. Normally it's maybe one or two.

One thing I notice, had a bad driving round today and sprayed the ball in to the other fairway, The watch doesnt pick up outside of the hole's fairways or too far past the green.

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

One thing I notice, had a bad driving round today and sprayed the ball in to the other fairway, The watch doesnt pick up outside of the hole's fairways or too far past the green.

For GPS numbers? Or just tracking shots?

For GPS numbers? Or just tracking shots?

For the shot tracking, I hit a bad slice on a par 5 in to the next fairway, hybrid came out back in to my fairway, it said I hit my driver 480 yds, because it didnt realize I was off the fairway and took another shot, even though I tagged the shot.

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Archived