TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the shot tracking, I hit a bad slice on a par 5 in to the next fairway, hybrid came out back in to my fairway, it said I hit my driver 480 yds, because it didnt realize I was off the fairway and took another shot, even though I tagged the shot.

Did you change you watch back to the correct hole before tagging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Thanks for the update.

I personally don't care if it recommends a club but I also find it odd the website has a place for us to put in club distances so it can recommend clubs but why can't it just use the distances it has tracked? And it also has never recommended a club, lol.

Also agree that 36 holes on one charge is hard to believe. I'm under 50% after 18 so maybe they mean it can go 36 in dark mode with Bluetooth off? Kinda stinks since dark mode makes post round editing a pain but then again I hardly ever play 36 in one day.

Side note when I synced my watch it didn't screw up Saturday's round this time. Yay

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Did you change you watch back to the correct hole before tagging?

Yeah on all but one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the update.

I personally don't care if it recommends a club but I also find it odd the website has a place for us to put in club distances so it can recommend clubs but why can't it just use the distances it has tracked? And it also has never recommended a club, lol.

Also agree that 36 holes on one charge is hard to believe. I'm under 50% after 18 so maybe they mean it can go 36 in dark mode with Bluetooth off? Kinda stinks since dark mode makes post round editing a pain but then again I hardly ever play 36 in one day.

Side note when I synced my watch it didn't screw up Saturday's round this time. Yay

How do you get it to recommend a club?

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Not sure. That's the weird part. Seems to support it based on the web but doesn't seem to do it on the watch

WITB:

Not sure. That's the weird part. Seems to support it based on the web but doesn't seem to do it on the watch

So I need to check the app?

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Probably. I didn't delve into the app too deeply because I didn't want to lose my mind.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Another round in the books. Everything was pretty smooth except it didn't record my shots on my last 4 holes. Honestly the club tracking just really isn't my thing so I'm not torn up over it. Post round editing online went smoothly this time.

Haven't heard from skycaddie in a while so not sure what's next. I'll keep doing full test til they say we are done but after that it'll likely just be used for gps distances.

WITB:

I played yesterday afternoon on a course I've never used the watch on and it worked great. The watch and app picked up my shots that I tagged (forgot to tag a few approach shots) but I keep forgetting to put the divot tool in my bag to use during a round. The only modification I had to do to my scores during the round was change the default putts from 2 to 1. 

I really enjoy the stats on the app after you play a 5-10 rounds with the watch. I thought I missed most fairways to the left but over half my misses are to the right. 

The only thing I wish this system could do is to capture wind speed and direction during your round. Not on every hole, but tap into the weather channel based on your location and record the wind speed and direction at the beginning, middle and end of your round. The only reason is that if it's windy, it alters your distances and while the app said I hit my driver 279, I know I had a 15mph head wind on that shot. It might cause too much of an issue, but one can dream, right?

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Used the watch in dark mode today at a new Course. Got home and synced via Bluetooth on the app and it only missed my score by one stroke. However the hole by hole scores were pretty jacked up. I didn't tag every shot but it did a good job with the auto swing. Took about 5-10 minutes to edit everything online.

My main issue right now is the divot tool sucks so I put a tag on my putter and the watch will only read it a couple times a round. I guess I need to change tags or something but it's just weird it only recognizes it a couple times.

I did find myself not really caring if I tagged shots or not. I tagged my driver and second shot every time so that I can get some figures for my shaft testing but otherwise I feel like I am “over” shot tagging.

WITB:

Used the watch in dark mode today at a new Course. Got home and synced via Bluetooth on the app and it only missed my score by one stroke. However the hole by hole scores were pretty jacked up. I didn't tag every shot but it did a good job with the auto swing. Took about 5-10 minutes to edit everything online.

My main issue right now is the divot tool sucks so I put a tag on my putter and the watch will only read it a couple times a round. I guess I need to change tags or something but it's just weird it only recognizes it a couple times.

I did find myself not really caring if I tagged shots or not. I tagged my driver and second shot every time so that I can get some figures for my shaft testing but otherwise I feel like I am “over” shot tagging.

Linx GT automatically counts 2 putts when u reach green. I adjust whenever I can thru the round.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in our member guest this weekend. Played well. I used both watches I have. Saw something I didn't expect.

IMG_5992.JPG

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Played in our member guest this weekend. Played well. I used both watches I have. Saw something I didn't expect.

attachicon.gifIMG_5992.JPG

Somebody's not telling the truth!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm over shot tagging for sure. I tried to tag them today and the watch wasn't having any part of it. While the gps aspect is great, I'm beginning to think the tracking of my club distances isn't as important as I want it to be in my head. I know my distances and they're pretty solid. Just not a benefit to me, especially if I have to be tagging and taking focus away from my round.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm over shot tagging for sure. I tried to tag them today and the watch wasn't having any part of it. While the gps aspect is great, I'm beginning to think the tracking of my club distances isn't as important as I want it to be in my head. I know my distances and they're pretty solid. Just not a benefit to me, especially if I have to be tagging and taking focus away from my round.

I think that'll be the beauty of shot scope once it comes out. No tagging but plenty of tracking.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I think that'll be the beauty of shot scope once it comes out. No tagging but plenty of tracking.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's what in thinking... Might pre-order

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Hey guys, it's Nathan from SG.

The SkyCaddie Touch provides club recommendations, but it isn't currently supported on the LINX GT / GameTracker system. If you enter your club averages on SkyGolf 360, the "RangeVue" feature on the Touch will show you the distance and suggested club.

Not sure how you tried to sync, but it looks like your shots are still saved on your LINX GT. 

Try syncing your LINX GT again with the SkyCaddie Mobile app to upload your shots.

Not sure how you tried to sync, but it looks like your shots are still saved on your LINX GT.

Try syncing your LINX GT again with the SkyCaddie Mobile app to upload your shots.

I'm going to try this. I started teaching again two weeks ago and I'm absolutely swamped. School is super quiet at 5pm on a Friday

Claims the website makes? First, True Ground Cousre maps. They walk every course with professional survey equipment to create the most complete, reliable and precise course maps. But, you have to have a premium membership to get this feature. So, can I assume the watch is not as accurate if I don't have one. Will the watch even work if I have no membership at all.Speaking of accuracy, the website claims the Linx GT is up to 300% more accurate. Soon, from my fellow testers and I, we'll see if that claim is "Accurate".

The membership doesn't affect the accuracy. The LINX GT provides the same level of accuracy with or without a membership. 

The membership doesn't affect the accuracy. The LINX GT provides the same level of accuracy with or without a membership.

I also have to say the distances have been spot on for me. I mean, I have my rangefinder as well and I've always been in the same ball park.

I did experience a few rounds on the course where the app on the phone sitting right next to the watch had a difference of 4-5 yards to the middle of the green.  I could expect different apps having a difference based on average or GPS location, however it was confusing to me when I expected the two units to sync.  When you have 143 and 148 I found myself wondering which one was right or do I take the average.   I really liked the app to see layup spots on holes and I liked the confidence it gave me from having numbers to the front, middle and back of the green. Having a different yardage between the watch and my phone app hopefully was a glitch in mine or something they can sync better over time.

It sounds like the LINX GT wasn't connected / paired with the SkyCaddie Mobile. If they're connected, the distances should be the same because SCM is using the location from the LINX GT (not location services). 

I haven't had any sync issues with my watch and SkyCaddie Mobile. It's not too cumbersome to tap the smart tag on your shot. I leave my phone in the golf cart and walk a good distance away and the watch/app sync up once I get in Bluetooth range. If I forget to tag a shot, I can go in the app and update the club I hit. I think once people get used to the setup, they'll realize it's pretty efficient.

I don't know if i would want the app/watch to tell me what club to hit. The watch doesn't know the weather elements. I could be 180yds from the pin but facing a stiff head wind and if the watch says 7i and I hit it flush, I'm going to come up short.  

I was playing weekly and really getting the hang of the watch, but it will be a few weeks before I'm back out on the course. Thanks Harvey...this rain is...excessive. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I used the watch in a best ball tournament this weekend. Just used for distances alone and it is really helpful and accurate. Also not a distraction I thought a watch would be. My only issue is subscription fees. I guess I get it if you want stats and shot tracking and all that (even though there are/will be non subscription based competitions) but if you just want it for gps to more than center of green I feel like it should have no fees considering the myriad of options out there. Just my opinion though. I actually almost got rid of the watch because of this but figured I would use up my complimentary subscription first

WITB:

My only issue is subscription fees. I guess I get it if you want stats and shot tracking and all that (even though there are/will be non subscription based competitions) but if you just want it for gps to more than center of green I feel like it should have no fees considering the myriad of options out there. Just my opinion though.

LINX GT has a Go Play (zero dollar) membership option, which provides basic FCB distances. And like I mentioned previously, the LINX GT provides the same level of accuracy with and without a membership. 

LINX GT has a Go Play (zero dollar) membership option, which provides basic FCB distances. And like I mentioned previously, the LINX GT provides the same level of accuracy with and without a membership. 

this is good to hear, I had misread the website and thought the free membership just gave center of green.  thanks for correcting/clarifying.

WITB:

However, on the 8th hole is where the problems started. (Could of happened on a previous hole and didn't notice) Anyways, I was in the green side rough, maybe 20 feet from the hole. Two reasons I didn't look down at my watch. One, I'm close enough to see how far I am and two, when you're this close to the green, the watch is usually in green mode and doesn't even show yardages.

So, I proceeded to hit my chip, walked to my ball and right before I swiped my putter, I caught a glimpse of my watch. It was on hole #9. My chip registered on the next hole. So, not only hole 8 wrong, but 9 as well and I haven't even made it to the tee box yet. I know what you're thinking. My golf changed the hole on me again. Nope. I didn't wear gloves today. Just the hinge of my wrist did it. 

Now, I can't take my eye off the watch for a second. I don't want to worry about it changing holes all the time.

Over the next four holes, it did this several times, so more shots are track on the wrong holes. Yes, I was suppose to be watching. So, not my score and everything else is all messed up. I finished playing and synced to the app and it actually worked good. Except you my scores were wrong and I tee off hole #9 with a lob wedge. It's a par 5 by the way.

I can see why this may cause confusion. The Auto Hole Advance system was originally designed to make sure you always have the distance number you need. For example, once you're on the green of hole 1, you no longer need distances on hole 1, so Auto Hole Advance moves you to hole 2. 

Even if the LINX GT auto advances before you're finished with the hole, your shots should still show up correctly. For example, if you're on hole 1 green, the LINX GT advances to hole 2, and you tag your Putter, your Putter should still show up on hole 1 green. 

The only time your shot may show up on the wrong hole is if you hit onto a different hole (i.e. fairway of a different hole). But in most cases the system moves the shot back to the right hole after you finish the hole. 

Tons of hard work went on with this testing and I appreciate the knowledge that can be gained from your reviews.  I'm a simple minded man and it sounds like this product has potential however I don't need the fancy apps.  Every senior that I play with at my home course has a watch without the app feature and that's all we care for. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't played in a couple weeks but have a tee time in the morning and will be using this in dark mode.

WITB:

Archived