TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

played today in dark mode and just tagged my shots.  finished the round, saved the round on the watch and then did bluetooth sync on my way home.  now it shows I played today and the correct course but there is no score or shot information online.  I used the usb to sync and still nothing.  I can go on my watch and it wants me to resume my round.  so I did that but of course I'm too far away now.  I tried saving a few more times but there is nothing.  looked for saved rounds on the watch and it says no rounds saved.  Its like the watch hasnt recognized my round is over and wants me to keep playing (which I would love to do)

I have no idea how to get my round data from today, which just so happened to be one of the best rounds I have ever played, lol.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't played in a couple weeks but have a tee time in the morning and will be using this in dark mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's dark mode?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

What's dark mode?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

When you use the watch without the phone app running as well

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

I have synced with caddie sync express twice and synced via Bluetooth with the mobile app twice and no scores or shots are showing online.

WITB:

Used the watch and app yesterday for the first time in three weeks...thanks Harvey for wrecking golf courses in the Houston area. My game was rusty but the watch and app were great except for one par three. It didn't register a shot on the green and thought I hit my tee shot to the next tee box. Nothing like a 198 yard PW to record on the app. Easily fixed the shot in the app and moved on. I do like how the watch and app will sync regularly through the round so I can play 4-5 holes and then go back and edit if need be. 

I don't know if I would ever use the 'dark mode' simply because my phone will always be in the golf cart streaming Pandora during the round. Why not have Pandora and the SkyCaddie app up and running at the same time? Pandora and SkyCaddie drained about 35% of my battery during the 3.5 hour round. Not too bad, especially on an older iPhone 6. 

I spend 15-20 minutes after each round analyzing the data from the round. I'm not concerned about distances so much but more where I'm missing greens and fairways. I keep telling myself that my miss on drives is the left rough but two out of every three fairway misses are to the right. Same with GIR. 

Side note: I've learned to wear the watch daily. I normally don't wear a watch at work, but my boss knows that if she sees me wearing the watch, she knows I've got a tee time that afternoon. Clever girl. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

last week the watch split my round into a 14 hole round and a 4 hole round.  this week, it only synced the back nine.  I have emailed Nathan and he is going to look into it but I'm not having much luck with the sync here lately.  I can kind of understand the splitting of the round because the course i play is 36 holes and the course wind within each other, but then again I always make sure the watch is on the correct hole before I tag my shot.

I have been playing in black box mode where I do not use the iphone app while playing.  I already have another app i use for handicap and dont want to enter my score on two apps while on the course.  Hopefully they get this fixed. 

On a side note I love this thing for a gps device.  I sold my laser rangefinder and use this exclusively for distances.   

WITB:

I used it as a GPS device yesterday for our family outing. It works great for that but the battery life is still bad. I'll have to charge it before I play again.

TBH, I can see myself giving this one away to another member on here if they want it, but I'll leave that for a later date.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see why this may cause confusion. The Auto Hole Advance system was originally designed to make sure you always have the distance number you need. For example, once you're on the green of hole 1, you no longer need distances on hole 1, so Auto Hole Advance moves you to hole 2.

Even if the LINX GT auto advances before you're finished with the hole, your shots should still show up correctly. For example, if you're on hole 1 green, the LINX GT advances to hole 2, and you tag your Putter, your Putter should still show up on hole 1 green.

The only time your shot may show up on the wrong hole is if you hit onto a different hole (i.e. fairway of a different hole). But in most cases the system moves the shot back to the right hole after you finish the hole.

It did not do that. It register on the next hole. The watch had advanced to the next hole on my previous shot when I hinged my wrist and hit the button on the watch. I did not notice this since I didn't need a distance for my chip shot. So, it registered on the wrong/next hole. Their was no confusion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

last week the watch split my round into a 14 hole round and a 4 hole round. this week, it only synced the back nine. I have emailed Nathan and he is going to look into it but I'm not having much luck with the sync here lately. I can kind of understand the splitting of the round because the course i play is 36 holes and the course wind within each other, but then again I always make sure the watch is on the correct hole before I tag my shot.

I have been playing in black box mode where I do not use the iphone app while playing. I already have another app i use for handicap and dont want to enter my score on two apps while on the course. Hopefully they get this fixed.

On a side note I love this thing for a gps device. I sold my laser rangefinder and use this exclusively for distances.

I've actually stopped using my rangefinder completely as well. Having the front, middle and back has been much better for me. Although I wish the part where it gives distances to hazards would work better. Not very good on par 5's for me unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Played in a couple scrambles this week and used the watch for distances and a few times to measure drives. It got some compliments from some playing partners. Both times we had guys with lasers with us and I had my distance before they did most of the time and my planned distance was mostly spot on.

WITB:

I played two rounds in Denver on October 7th and 8th.

I played Murphy Creek on the 7th and had a few issues with the app not syncing properly. It would record my shot but it wouldn't register the club tags. The watch would read the tag but when I went into the app to see my stats midway through the round, there were probably a dozen shots that didn't register the club hit. It didn't take much for me to go in and adjust that information, but it was the first round in awhile that I noticed a significant bug. 

I played Riverdale - Dunes Course on the 8th and didn't have any issues whatsoever. Everything from the GPS to the shot tagging to the recording of data went smoothly. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Does the watch give an indicator of your connection? I wonder if certain courses in scarcer coverage areas will have more more prone to recording problems than others.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Anyone have issues with the gps distance going a bit crazy if it's really windy? It's happened to me a couple rounds now.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Does the watch give an indicator of your connection? I wonder if certain courses in scarcer coverage areas will have more more prone to recording problems than others.

I thought maybe my location would play a part but both rounds had excellent cell service via verizon. Both courses were rather open with hardly any trees to block signal. But just because I had signal doesn't mean it was a quality signal. Who knows. 

Anyone have issues with the gps distance going a bit crazy if it's really windy? It's happened to me a couple rounds now.

I haven't had those issues but if the wind gets too bad, I don't even play. 

• Lefty

There is a bar at the top of the watch face that shows the god signal strength yes

WITB:

Played in the piney woods north of Houston today and no problems to speak of. I finally turned off the vibrate notification function on the watch after I nearly hit a TPX5 in the water because my wife thought it would be fun to text me mid-swing to let me know she was going to Target. Almost had to call the marriage counselor for that one. 

I still find this watch to be most valuable for courses I don't play that often. A laser won't tell me how far it is to the water that's over the hill but the watch sure can! I also enjoy the stat tracking. I never knew my 2 hybrid and 3 hybrid only had about 10 yards difference between the two. I can kick one out of the bag in favor for another wedge. Thanks technology!

• Lefty

I've had GPS issues with the watch and connection issues. I really enjoy the shot tracking but with all the issues it's frustrating.

The watch does not mention how good the connection is. It will tell you when it's paired with the phone app.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

just used caddiesync express to add my round from yesterday.  I used "blackbox" mode and I actually quit tagging shots pretty early in the round.  I dont want to use the app during my round and I though I would rely on the autoshot feature as I just wanted distances and I wanted to just play golf. Website shows a score for 3 holes and shows no recorded shots. I have come to terms with the fact that the shot tracking stuff just simply doesn't work unless you use the app while you are playing.  seeing my shots post round and seeing my average distances for clubs was pretty neat int he beginning but the extra work and frustration required to get all that info correct far outweighs my desire to see that info.

As I have said before, I absolutely love this as a gps and I will continue to use it each time I play.  However, I believe it is time to remove the tags from my clubs and quit fooling around with the tagging, syncing, correcting, etc. etc.

I am very grateful to MGS and SkyCaddie for letting me test this, it is going to be a huge on course help for as long as it keeps ticking...

WITB:

I haven't used the watch in almost 3 weeks now. As expected, I misplaced the connector piece to charge it. SkyCaddy has always had proprietary connectors and it's as bad an idea now as it was 8 years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

• 2 weeks later...

This past round was the first time I had a significant issue with the watch syncing up to the app. It seemed as if the watch couldn't connect to the app and even though I was tagging shots, nothing would appear on my app. It would say: connecting device... But nothing would update in the app. It only recorded my first few holes but then it won't show any data for the last 13 holes. Frustrating solely because I like the GPS and data tracking. I'll get back out there and try again soon.

Anyone else having these issues? Is it the new iOs update? Is it the fact I had another device connected on Bluetooth?

• Lefty

This past round was the first time I had a significant issue with the watch syncing up to the app. It seemed as if the watch couldn't connect to the app and even though I was tagging shots, nothing would appear on my app. It would say: connecting device... But nothing would update in the app. It only recorded my first few holes but then it won't show any data for the last 13 holes. Frustrating solely because I like the GPS and data tracking. I'll get back out there and try again soon.

Anyone else having these issues? Is it the new iOs update? Is it the fact I had another device connected on Bluetooth?

Not sure what the issues are, but I had these issues before the iOs update.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Last round of the season tomorrow...I️ will still be using this.

WITB:

I played yesterday and the watch refuses to connect to my phone. It's beyond frustrating. I really enjoyed the stat tracking when I played with the app running. Now it won't connect to my phone and thus, the shot tracking can only be done by connecting the watch to the laptop and uploading manually. That isn't always ideal. 

I don't know if the SkyCaddie person is still on this thread, but if so, what do you recommend to get the phone to connect? I tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the four buttons. I turned off bluetooth on the phone and then back on. I tried 'forgetting the device' under my iphone settings and now it won't even read the watch. Thoughts? Ideas?

• Lefty

I played yesterday and the watch refuses to connect to my phone. It's beyond frustrating. I really enjoyed the stat tracking when I played with the app running. Now it won't connect to my phone and thus, the shot tracking can only be done by connecting the watch to the laptop and uploading manually. That isn't always ideal. 

I don't know if the SkyCaddie person is still on this thread, but if so, what do you recommend to get the phone to connect? I tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the four buttons. I turned off bluetooth on the phone and then back on. I tried 'forgetting the device' under my iphone settings and now it won't even read the watch. Thoughts? Ideas?

Do a 4-button reset. Press and hold the 4 corner buttons until the watch resets (1-2 seconds). This should resolve the issue. 

Do a 4-button reset. Press and hold the 4 corner buttons until the watch resets (1-2 seconds). This should resolve the issue. 

He did that:

I tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the four buttons.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

He did that:

MattF - Thanks, I read his message to quick :)  

txgolfjunkie - Forgetting the LINX GT in the iPhone Settings app (not just the SCM app) should have resolved it. I'll follow up with you to resolve the issue. We can post the resolution back in the forum. 

I will be playing again on Black Friday.  I just checked the watch and app and I am going to give this a run and see if any improvements have been made.  I am hopeful that there have been updates.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I discovered that if you do the 4 button reset and forget the device on your iphone, you have to connect the watch through the app, not the iphone settings. Nathan and I talked briefly this afternoon about getting the watch to connect and sure enough, connecting it through the app got it to work right away. 

This watch/club tags/app has been critical in my improved play over the last 6 months. I'm glad it's back up and running. Now time to go play some golf over Thanksgiving break. 

Thanks Nathan! 

• Lefty

I discovered that if you do the 4 button reset and forget the device on your iphone, you have to connect the watch through the app, not the iphone settings. Nathan and I talked briefly this afternoon about getting the watch to connect and sure enough, connecting it through the app got it to work right away.

This watch/club tags/app has been critical in my improved play over the last 6 months. I'm glad it's back up and running. Now time to go play some golf over Thanksgiving break.

Thanks Nathan!

At least you were able to get it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived