GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

Our Sponsors

Great reviews guys!

MDGolfHacker

Jacustomgolf's Stage 1 is also up!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19525-official-forum-member-review-sky-caddie-linx-gt-gps-watch-shot-tracking-system/?p=285876

I don't know about you guys, but I believe our group of testers are seriously killing it so far!

You're putting pressure on me, lol. Not sure I can live up to my stage 1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We have all of our Stage 1's up!

Let's get some discussion going so our testers know what they should be answering their Stage 2 reviews!

My question is one that would be a make or break for me, how does it feel on the wrist and more importantly how does it interact with your glove?

For you Shawn, I wear a watch but don't golf with one, so I thought I may have had an issue with it. But, so far, despite it being the same size as a normal watch, I don't have any negative comments about it.

So far as interacting with a glove, I don't wear one, so I can't help you there.

I do not usually wear a glove so I cannot speak on that. The band is much thicker than the bushnell ion. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. But it's still very comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We have all of our Stage 1's up!

Let's get some discussion going so our testers know what they should be answering their Stage 2 reviews!

My question is one that would be a make or break for me, how does it feel on the wrist and more importantly how does it interact with your glove?

The watch doesn't interfere with my glove, but the watch band is thick. I've inquired about buying a different band: no luck. This is the only band they have. I wear an Apple Watch a lot and I'm used to that band which is light and somewhat sleek. This band is thicker and stiffer. The gaps between notches aren't great for my wrist, so I end-up having to wear it tighter than I'd like. I would LOVE to switch out the band!!!

• Like 2

I have had no luck syncing and getting stats or even a scorecard to edit. None of the shots have logged for me through 2 rounds.

My first round was 18 holes starting on #10. It gave me a 9 hole blank scorecard to edit and no locations of shots.

Second round was same thing. I'd edit the scorecard, get to #6 and it would wipe out holes 1-5...

Troubleshooting thoughts?

Just received mine today. Kind of a pain to have to download two apps (skygolf 360 and skycaddie mobile app) for it (which I didn't realize and had to call in for), but after a few hiccups, everything is loaded and ready to go. Wish I had it last week when I played 4 rounds!

Putting it on, it's a very comfortable watch, although a tad bulky. I'm used to wearing a Fitbit charge so it feels fairly normal to me.

A few things I'm wondering about...

1. How does it handle punch shots? I'm in the trees sometimes and have punch out so a 4 iron may only go 110 yards. Does this get factored in?

2. Choke down/half shots/green side bunker shots - these go shorter distances. How do they factor in? Do you just delete them?

3. Will it track average distance from the hole? This is an exciting thought for me if it does. I read that the difference between a Web.com and Pga Tour player is that the PGA guys hit it 2 ft closer to the pin on average. 1ee2ab16900fe467e91907c89afcaf21.jpgb33dc54e25dc476a1817f16afe90a3b5.jpge92f5353920ae807411f44074c638f19.jpg6c05f287c4bb4ade02be8bf4b19289a8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You will definitely have to go into your round and delete shots if you record the 1/2 shots, etc

• Like 1

I'm really excited to hear more about these, I've been on the fence about game golf and arccos for awhile now....I don't like the "tagging" part of Game Golf and with Arccos you have to keep your phone on your person with the newest version to register shots and the older version requires your phone to be with you fit accurate GPS.

Does the watch have built in GPS or is it using the GPS of your phone like arccos?

You will definitely have to go into your round and delete shots if you record the 1/2 shots, etc

So it'll only record the shot if you tap it...but if you don't tap it, it won't count as a shot for scoring statistics...so there's no way to really get around it is there? I need to research it more. Seems like a great system, but lacking clear direction to begin using it.

• Like 2

I'm really excited to hear more about these, I've been on the fence about game golf and arccos for awhile now....I don't like the "tagging" part of Game Golf and with Arccos you have to keep your phone on your person with the newest version to register shots and the older version requires your phone to be with you fit accurate GPS.

Does the watch have built in GPS or is it using the GPS of your phone like arccos?

I believe it's GPS on the actual wrist watch itself.

• Like 1

So it'll only record the shot if you tap it...but if you don't tap it, it won't count as a shot for scoring statistics...so there's no way to really get around it is there? I need to research it more. Seems like a great system, but lacking clear direction to begin using it.

There is autoshot tracking. It just will track distance and not the actual club you hit. To get more exact stats you would need to tap it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have never worn a golf watch before and rarely wear a regular watch but I am pleasantly surprised with how the watch feels.  I don't mind it and have had success with the yardage numbers it gives, especially the number to the front and the back of the green which you don't always have a reference for.   I am struggling with the shot tracking.  IT is another process and adds another element to think about when some of us already need to get out of our own way!

• Like 4