Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

That's an interesting product. A couple questions and thoughts:

What type of swing does this book promote (1 plane, 2 plane, S&T, etc)?

Would this be legal to have on the course? I guess it would, probably no different than a yardage book, but it was a thought that crossed my mind, "outside advice" and all.

My thoughts: I'm reading more Bob Rotella books right now, and taking this on the course is the antithesis of what he would want you to do. Rotella believes in being 100% non-technical on the course, whereas it seems that this would lead to more technical thoughts (I could be wrong about this, of course, having not seen it myself). I feel like this might be a better tool for the range where you might work on some of the tips that they suggest. I will say that having a notebook or piece of paper with some "slump busters" is a great idea that I picked up from watching "Playing Lessons with the Pros: Ian Poulter." I actually keep mine in my car and it's just one sheet with about a dozen fundamentals, swing thoughts, etc, and when things start to go sideways in my game I look at the sheet and pick one to focus on.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

What kind of advice does it actually have? I spend a lot of time on my swing with video and pictures and such, but I tend to try to stay away from that on the course. Looking at the pictures from your website, I think I already know how to hit from different lies, plugged shots, and trees. I tend to just do that by feel and experience.

I only ever really make two adjustments on the course: If I am slicing I close my stance and if I am hooking I open it. It temporarily keeps the ball in the fairway and makes sure I don't mess up my swing too much.

The only exception is if I am working on something and I realize I am not doing that thing on the course. Then I will makes sure I focus on doing that.

But, hey, if it works for you, by all means.

Archived