Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Iron suggestions (Looking for opinions)

ZachSvec

This. Also look at the Callaway CF16's and Srixon 565's.

MDGolfHacker

Yep. The Mizuno's are always a welcome change for someone who hasnt played them or simply likes them. I had many a set.

And the 16's are coming around used and a guy i know just picked up a set fitted to his needs for half of new. Seem to be one of the keeper clubs out there.

The Srixons are a thing of beauty and thy might be the club and the set coniguration that changes the market moving forward. Im not ready to say hey are something special or really a game changer, but they might be.

Hit em all and love the ones you get, because after all its not the arrow its the indian.

This. Also look at the Callaway CF16's and Srixon 565's.

MDGolfHacker

Yep. The Mizuno's are always a welcome change for someone who hasnt played them or simply likes them. I had many a set.

And the 16's are coming around used and a guy i know just picked up a set fitted to his needs for half of new. Seem to be one of the keeper clubs out there.

The Srixons are a thing of beauty and they might be the club and the set coniguration that changes the market moving forward. Im not ready to say hey are something special or really a game changer, but they might be.

Hit em all and love the ones you get, because after all its not the arrow its the indian.

Agree with Mizuno. Going from AP1 you could easily go to the JPX 900 HM or the Srixon 545 or 565's. Apex CF is also a great suggestion. Personally I like the looks of the i200's as well. Cobra forged series is yet another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Srixon here. Have a 565/765 combo and love the feel of them both.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The Srixons are a thing of beauty and they might be the club and the set coniguration that changes the market moving forward. Im not ready to say hey are something special or really a game changer, but they might be.

I'm a big Mizuno fan. I've bagged the MP-32's and currently have the mp57s in the bag, but now I'm looking to upgrade as well. I haven't been able to hit the new Mizuno 900 forged clubs yet. I'm looking at the Titleist ap2s/TMBs, Srixon 765s and the Callaway CF16's.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm a big Mizuno fan. I've bagged the MP-32's and currently have the mp57s in the bag, but now I'm looking to upgrade as well. I haven't been able to hit the new Mizuno 900 forged clubs yet. I'm looking at the Titleist ap2s/TMBs, Srixon 765s and the Callaway CF16's.

MDGolfHacker

Quit looking and get to buying ...,ha ha. But time is running short. You've already missed out on having them for one tournament. Don't want to miss out on the big one 😜

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Zachsvec:

So what have you narrowed your choices down to?

MDGolfHacker

So i've been down to a couple pro shops near me and out of all the irons i have hit i think its between the 716 ap2's, srixon 765's, jpx 900 forged, and Callaway apex cf16. Will have to get down there again soon and have an extensive go with all of them and get fit. Should be able to do that soon so i can keepp everyone updated on the process.

Ping g400 lst 10* w/Oban kiyoshi gold 65s

Titleist 915f 16.5* w/Aldia rogue max 75s

Cobra King UT 18* w/Kbs C-taper lite 110s

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ Accra 95s proto

Titleist sm6 50*,54*,58* w/Dynamic gold s200

Evnroll Er2 35in w/superstroke flatso 1.0

So i've been down to a couple pro shops near me and out of all the irons i have hit i think its between the 716 ap2's, srixon 765's, jpx 900 forged, and Callaway apex cf16. Will have to get down there again soon and have an extensive go with all of them and get fit. Should be able to do that soon so i can keepp everyone updated on the process.

Out of those 4, the AP2's gave me the worst numbers... 765's and JPX900F were close in the middle, but CF16 beat them all...

If you don't care about numbers, they all feel pretty amazing!

You can't go wrong with any oft hem... best of luck and keep us updated!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived