TESTERS WANTED! ×

SNEAK PEEK - Adams IDEA TECH V3 Forged Hybrid Irons

BalataMan

SNEAK PEEK - Adams IDEA TECH V3 Forged Hybrid Irons

I just finished looking over Adams new V3 Forged Hybrid Irons and I must say, their line is looking pretty sweet! Especially the hybrids! I love the more rounded look of the V3 over their Pro Black model. I don't have much spec info on them, but I will post some stock images.

v3_forged.jpg

v3_hybrid_iron.jpg

Those are really nice... Adams has been producing beautiful clubs lately... Love the PVD...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Those are some nice looking clubs. When can we expect a review?

I might be able to demo a set next week; I will keep you posted if I do. Just to let you know, when it comes to golf equipment, I am pretty traditional, and have been playing blades my whole life. With the exception of the 7 iron, I would be all over this set. The hybrids are very intriguing. You almost have to see them in person to truly appreciate their style.

With the exception of the 7 iron

Upon second glance I noticed that the 7iron looked different. What is up with that and did they say why it is different?

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a hybrid set of irons that doesn't look like complete garbage.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I might be able to demo a set next week; I will keep you posted if I do. Just to let you know, when it comes to golf equipment, I am pretty traditional, and have been playing blades my whole life. With the exception of the 7 iron, I would be all over this set. The hybrids are very intriguing. You almost have to see them in person to truly appreciate their style.

I agree the set looks pretty sweet until you reach the 7 which looks funky, but you would think Adams is gearing this to the mid to higher handicap player anyway and to a 20-30 handicapper this set looks like a players set. I personally think these hybrids look better shaped then they're high end line up. although that's comming from someone who doesn't play hybrids. I've been trying to find one to replace my 3,4 iron but as of yet none have made their way in the bag. I myself have been playing blades most of my golfing life and I just can't get myself to play wide flanged irons and have yet to find any hybrid that fits my eye. But the search will continue!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Upon second glance I noticed that the 7iron looked different. What is up with that and did they say why it is different?

I bet it's a "transition club"; where it's not quite a hybrid, but not quite an iron. I understand the concept, but personally, I don't think it's a necessity.

Im pretty sure that is going to replace the A7 line !!! almost the same look and same range of golfers

Adams 9032LS 9.5 / ust axivcore tour green 76x

Titleist 906f4 13.5 / ust V2 90s

Adams 9031 20 / project X 6.0

4-pw Nike Double cavity Forged / KBS chrome

50,54,58 Titleist Vokey Spin milled chrome

Ping Zing

Archived