Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How HOT is TOO HOT

Rphall003

Living in the Deep South we are pretty accustom to high temps and higher humidity. It cracks me up when watching golf coverage and that say, "it's 85 degrees with about 60% humidity...boy it is it hot out there." That sounds like a nice day to me. Is there a cut off for you guys?!? Is hot ever too hot to play?!?

- Rhino

Driver: Ping G30 Tour 65

Fairway: Ping G30 Tour 80

Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR S 21*

Irons: Mizuno MP-54 KBS TOUR S

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 50* KBS TOUR,

Titleist Vokey 55*, 60* KBS Hi-RevS

Putter: SeeMore fgp Original 35", 69*, 2.5*

Ball: Bridgestone B-330 S

Gulp. That IS hot.

Now, it gets pretty hot here, 90s and 50+ humidity, pretty mild to you I am sure, but I will play. Just make sure you have water and enough sodium. I really haven't run into too hot in the northeast.

I have been in FL in July on business, and thought I was about to melt within minutes of stepping out of the hotel lobby. The sun just has a different intensity although the thermometer may not read more than 10 degrees hotter than NYC. I think there are definitely scenarios like that where I would not be so enthusiastic to hit the course, much less walk and carry like I almost always do up here.

So, here's to the Big Apple! Golf all summer, and usually through December!

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

We don't get the humidity here like folks in the midwest/south/east do but summer in the central valley can get really hot! Not unusual to have stretches of 100+ degree weather. I wouldn't say it's, "too hot for golf" per say but I would definitely try to pick alternative tee times if possible! 

Now, my mom's family is from Tucson, AZ and my folks still have a condo on the Ventana Canyon golf course there. Arizona in the same can absolutely be too hot. I have seen 115* days. You would have to be the most golf mad lunatic on the face of God's green Earth if you still want to go out and play in that!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Hahaha..."gulp"... I get it, that is pretty warm. I'm pretty jealous of the almost perfect weather you get to enjoy most of the time in the northeast, not so jealous of the bad, but 95+ and 100% humidity is just pretty much the norm. It sucks...there's been plenty of times where I thought my face would melt off in the middle of a round. I could agree more...the sun burns a little hotter around here!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We don't get the humidity here like folks in the midwest/south/east do but summer in the central valley can get really hot! Not unusual to have stretches of 100+ degree weather. I wouldn't say it's, "too hot for golf" per say but I would definitely try to pick alternative tee times if possible!

Now, my mom's family is from Tucson, AZ and my folks still have a condo on the Ventana Canyon golf course there. Arizona in the same can absolutely be too hot. I have seen 115* days. You would have to be the most golf mad lunatic on the face of God's green Earth if you still want to go out and play in that!

Haha no doubt...I spent a little time in Phoenix for a job and saw some of those temps. That puts a premium on early morning tee times...if not...you probably don't play!!

- Rhino

My senior group tees off at 9:00 a.m. It gets hot and humid in Georgia however we keep playing. The only thing that stops us is those bad thunderstorms. When the lighting starts popping, my arse starts hopping!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My sentiments exactly!! We usually tee off at 830...if I'm feeling frisky I might go again after lunch!! But those good old T-storms will get your rear in gear for sure!!

Heat doesnt bother me much I have played golf in Dubai in June haha. If its humid like florida it kills me everytime.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Heat doesnt bother me much I have played golf in Dubai in June haha. If its humid like florida it kills me everytime.

That's what I'm talking about...the temp is not the killer...I remember being in Cincy at 90* and it was great...then here in Louisiana were the humidity is 90%+ its brutal!! But hey, it's all about love of the game!!

- Rhino

No such thing as too hot (as long as it's dry )! Southern Utah is a lot like AZ just a little cooler overnight. 110* and I'm the only one on the course is just about perfection for me. I bring plenty of water and food and I'll be out there all afternoon. If there was any humidity here I don't know if I could do it though.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

No such thing as too hot (as long as it's dry )! Southern Utah is a lot like AZ just a little cooler overnight. 110* and I'm the only one on the course is just about perfection for me. I bring plenty of water and food and I'll be out there all afternoon. If there was any humidity here I don't know if I could do it though.

Very similar here.  In the summer we get many days over 100* with max being in the 108-112* range.  The humidity has changed here in the last 40 years due to irrigation.  In the 1970's humidity was 15-20%.  Now it's more like 35-40%, and higher in the mornings after the golf course is watered overnight and the morning sun beats down on it.

I'll play in anything.  Summers in Tucson, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Florida, Georgia, S.C, and Louisiana just to name a few places.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Very similar here. In the summer we get many days over 100* with max being in the 108-112* range. The humidity has changed here in the last 40 years due to irrigation. In the 1970's humidity was 15-20%. Now it's more like 35-40%, and higher in the mornings after the golf course is watered overnight and the morning sun beats down on it.

I'll play in anything. Summers in Tucson, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Florida, Georgia, S.C, and Louisiana just to name a few places.

This is the golfer's golfer....when your in Louisiana look me up...we'll shoot a round whatever the weather is!!

- Rhino

Central Texas, it can easily get around or over 100 here and that's when it gets a bit dangerous even if you try to prepare. So I tend to do more range practice under the live oaks next to the water cooler then walk 18. I don't necessarily have a cutoff but I can step outside and think "yup, it's too hot" then go fishing down the river.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Luckily in the Pacific Northwest we don't get those type of temperatures with that humidity unless its like a record setting heat wave. I travel for work a lot and think that 90's in Arizona is nothing compared to 90's in Florida. But once you start breaking that 100 mark its hot no matter what the humidity 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Central Texas, it can easily get around or over 100 here and that's when it gets a bit dangerous even if you try to prepare. So I tend to do more range practice under the live oaks next to the water cooler then walk 18. I don't necessarily have a cutoff but I can step outside and think "yup, it's too hot" then go fishing down the river.

Reminds me of a good ole country song, "Too hot for golf, Too hot to fish, & Too cold at home..... He's talking about his love life lol

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I laugh at the people around here when it hits 90° and 70% humidity and they're pissing and moaning about being hot.

Where I grew up in Sydney, it hits 95°+ and runs 80-90% humidity. It's all about the humidity, dry heat is fine, but wet heat will just suck the energy right out of you.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

agreeing with the consensus opinion that the heat with low humidity is bearable (as long as you're not 100 plus) but high humidity with some heat is absolutely killer.

I remember playing in Louisville when it was 80 degrees but with 90 percent humidity and I felt like I could barely move.  Really really saps your energy.

I also remember many times playing when it was 95 in GA with low humidity and I felt fine.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'll play even when it's over a hundred. I'm usually hitting from under a tree or out of the woods and bushes anyway so I get plenty of shade ;) What kills me is when the course doesn't fill up their water jugs and has no beverage carts going around too.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I love the hot humid summer days. You can feel the heat coming out of the ground. Those are great days.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

The Northwest Does not get anywhere near those temps and humidity.. 

I have played Eastern WA in 95 mid day, and it topped out over 100 somewhere.. that got bad... Wife walked off the course, PERFECT,Some me time.. LOL    The key is Hydration... I always take enough beverages to stay hydrated.. Hold on Alcohol dehydrates right... Anyway I try to stay hydrated.... LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

The Northwest Does not get anywhere near those temps and humidity.. 

I have played Eastern WA in 95 mid day, and it topped out over 100 somewhere.. that got bad... Wife walked off the course, PERFECT,Some me time.. LOL    The key is Hydration... I always take enough beverages to stay hydrated.. Hold on Alcohol dehydrates right... Anyway I try to stay hydrated.... LOL

Perfect temperature!!  It's going to be 95 here next week.  C'mon over!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Plenty of high heat here in the summer months. Although the average is around 95 June though August. The saving grace for us here is low humidity. The official average is 34% in the afternoons. Of course many days much lower than higher.

For me personally high humidity is the killer.

Another benefit of my area besides low humidity is that there is normally a SW wind of around 5-10-15 mph throughout the summer months. Natural air conditioning. Ahhhhh

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

At my age and health, when the temperatures go above 90 degrees, my desire to play diminishes or I,at least try to avoid playing during the "heat of the day".   I learned the hard way about getting dehydrated on the course.   So I make sure to be continuously drinking water.   Yesterday, I played in an outing with one of my senior groups and the temperature approached the 90 degree mark.   I drank enough water to float a battle ship, but even with my prostate, I never had to pee.  That was telling me something.   I know a lot of my buds do not want to hear this, but I don't drink alcoholic beverages on the course on a hot day.   Alcohol can contribute to dehydration, at least that's what my at home nurse (wife) tells me. 

Northeast Florida, we definitely get the high heat and humidity.  But we've never not played because of the heat.  You get used to it, plus we hydrate, wear light colors, use several golf gloves and the course rangers come around with iced towels!  Playing most of the time east of the intracoastal, I admit we are blessed with the ocean breezes (makes about a 5 to 8 degree difference), but we still play even when we have to go over the ditch!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Ughhh! It's snowing like crazy right now in my hood and it's supposed to continue through Friday. So far "Dubai in June" is the only thing mentioned that I'd personally consider out of the question. But here we are suddenly dealing with "too cold".

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Perfect temperature!!  It's going to be 95 here next week.  C'mon over!!

Your killiing me... I wish, only supposed to get to 80 on my side.. At 80 I'll be in shorts showing off the OB stakes on top of my feet.. LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Perfect weather for me would be about 60-65.  Living in the Central Valley in California you're lucky if its ever below 75 any day of the year.  Its actually been pretty good this year so far but soon if you don't want to play in 100+ weather you would have to take 3-4 months off.  

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Played in 97° with 100% humidity in Virginia once. Surprised I didn't end up in the hospital. It was steamy, I had drove down from Michigan to Yorktown for a school for 2 weeks. It was about 47° here when I left. So a 50° increase and about 70% increase in humidity in less than 36 hours.. took a toll on me. Slept or stayed in bed the entire next day.

Archived