TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Dean & Deluca Invitational (The Colonial)

EthanSterlingPrice

Once again I'm volunteering next week Thursday-Sunday in Fort Worth at the Dean & Deluca Invitational on the hole 4 leaderboard and I was curious if anyone else is gonna be there? I'll be sure to post pictures by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Once again I'm volunteering next week Thursday-Sunday in Fort Worth at the Dean & Deluca Invitational on the hole 4 leaderboard and I was curious if anyone else is gonna be there? I'll be sure to post pictures by the way.

It sounds like a good gig! You play the course after the tournament?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Wish you had a MGS hat and wear it that way if you happen to get on TV we can pick you out

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It sounds like a good gig! You play the course after the tournament?

Sure will, its normally around the end of the summer when we do though but still a lot of fun.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Sounds fun Ethan. I've been a few times and always enjoyed it. It can be pretty hot some years. I'll keep an eye out for you on TV perhaps.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'll be there either Friday or Sunday

come by the 4th hole leaderboard to say hello, I'll hook you up with a Gatorade too. They're too expensive to buy in there lol

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Sounds fun Ethan. I've been a few times and always enjoyed it. It can be pretty hot some years. I'll keep an eye out for you on TV perhaps.

yeah it'll get pretty hot but they make sure we have two coolers full of water and Gatorade at all times so it helps. I'll definitely get some pictures for y'all though

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Sounds fun. Get an elevated view as well.

I think you should put MGS Rocks up on the board and see how long it takes anyone to notice

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

IMG_1630.JPG Day one of the Dean & Deluca Invitational was great all the way down to the weather. 2E78C3AF-C5F6-4BFA-A488-EA0AD74A1A4C.jpg

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

When I got there this morning I had a bit of free time so I got to see Mickelson on the range warming up, having a badge makes for some good access and photo opportunities.

IMG_1634.JPGIMG_1635.JPG

Went to see a friend at the 18th leaderboard and got some good looks from both sides. Personally the look towards the green is my favorite.

Best for last you can't go wrong watching the best in the world and occasionally you get to take home some neat souvenirs. Here's my Phil Mickelson signed volunteer badge and Sergio Garcia signed Masters review magazine.

IMG_1640.JPG

Day one result, Success. Really looking forward to seeing what Day two has in store. Stay tuned tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyIMG_1637.JPG

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Soi woo Kim. After chamblee talk about how well he played out of the bunkers at the players he proceeded to skank one into the water from the bunker, then chunked another into the water then played a nice shot for 7 on the green l, then a little wedge toss about 20 feet to the middle of the pond. That was great.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Soi woo Kim. After chamblee talk about how well he played out of the bunkers at the players he proceeded to skank one into the water from the bunker, then chunked another into the water then played a nice shot for 7 on the green l, then a little wedge toss about 20 feet to the middle of the pond. That was great.

the sand is absolutely brutal to everyone this week for some reason.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Day two of the tournament was extremely busy for the leaderboards and as a result unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures worth posting . The weekend is shaping up to be really interesting with a 4 way tie for first including Web Simpson and local player Danny Lee, and players like Sergio Garcia, Phil Mickelson and Jordan Spieth within 5 shots of the lead. If it's anything like last year tomorrow afternoon is gonna be hectic trying to keep up with scoring on the boards but it's definitely worth it to get such a great view.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

the sand is absolutely brutal to everyone this week for some reason.

I just thought it was hilarious that Chamblee was saying how great he played the bunkers at the players and he wasn't done spewing about how good he was, at the same time he hoseled one straight to the water.

Nice photos and discussion Ethan.

I haven't been to the Colonial in a quite a number of years. The photo of the leaderboard you posted reminds me that the tournament still keeps some of it's old school charm. Don't know if they still do it but I enjoyed the places on the course under the huge pecan trees where they'd be cooking and serving BBQ chicken and brisket, etc. The smell and the smoke waffling in the air around the tournament grounds had a certain charm about it. And while you were catching some much needed shade you could down a cold beer and watch all the pretty girls that always seemed to be hanging around.

The good ole days at Colonial.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good pics Ethan. My sister was out there yesterday following her favorite Gator Billy Ho!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nice photos and discussion Ethan.

I haven't been to the Colonial in a quite a number of years. The photo of the leaderboard you posted reminds me that the tournament still keeps some of it's old school charm. Don't know if they still do it but I enjoyed the places on the course under the huge pecan trees where they'd be cooking and serving BBQ chicken and brisket, etc. The smell and the smoke waffling in the air around the tournament grounds had a certain charm about it. And while you were catching some much needed shade you could down a cold beer and watch all the pretty girls that always seemed to be hanging around.

The good ole days at Colonial.

They still have those out there, unfortunately it's a good 10 minute walk from my leaderboard to get there. Would've been nicer today if the humidity wouldn't have been there and they didn't radio the wrong scores every 2nd or 3rd time this morning but that's part of it. Tomorrow the high temperature is 83 cloudy and I'm looking forward to it, heat index Friday was 105.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Good pics Ethan. My sister was out there yesterday following her favorite Gator Billy Ho!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

he's amazing to watch on the range!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

I just thought it was hilarious that Chamblee was saying how great he played the bunkers at the players and he wasn't done spewing about how good he was, at the same time he hoseled one straight to the water.

update on this, I was made aware he tossed his wedge in that pond too so he played his last stretch a club down.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

update on this, I was made aware he tossed his wedge in that pond too so he played his last stretch a club down.

That is correct. It was a nice toss too, it was just like, you screwed me for the last time stupid wedge, nice easy toss into the water.

Couldn't help but get a good laugh out of the whole situation. Felt bad for Kim but the timing couldn't have been any better and the icing on the cake with the old wedge launch into the pond, priceless.

Ping g400 lst 10* w/Oban kiyoshi gold 65s

Titleist 915f 16.5* w/Aldia rogue max 75s

Cobra King UT 18* w/Kbs C-taper lite 110s

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ Accra 95s proto

Titleist sm6 50*,54*,58* w/Dynamic gold s200

Evnroll Er2 35in w/superstroke flatso 1.0

Really good finish. Was pulling for Spieth to make the big comeback from barely making the cut to winning back to back. But Kisner had a great round and made the putt he had to make.

Also, another tournament and another top 5 for Rahm. This kid is something else. No fear in his game. He's going to be fun to watch for years.

Well I was fortunate enough to get off leaderboard duty early enough to catch the last few groups going in and man they did not disappoint. Like everyone I was pulling for a back to back Spieth victory but I can honestly say Kisner was as nice as can be to us volunteers so very big congrats to him for the win! I'm sleeping in tomorrow!!!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Archived