UPCOMING BLOG ARTICLE TEASER B)

If you want to take the pitch fix to the next level, here is a damascus tool and marker from BPutters.

BPutters Damascus - 1.jpg

• Like 3

Best one I ever had was called greensaver. Lil bulky but worked great.

I use an older Scott Cameron one. It does stab you though. But it's been in the bag almost 7 years so I am use to it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've been using the Mark Mender for I don't know how long. The EASIEST way to fix divots.

https://www.markmender.com/

That is slick looking little tool! I fix ~10 pitch marks on every green so something like this would really come in handy.

Do you have the original or zinc version? How is the build quality? Does it ever snap open in your pocket?

I prefer to avoid landing on the green, prevents those pesky divots.

• Like 5

I prefer to avoid landing on the green, prevents those pesky divots.

😂😂😂😂

I'm there with you!

MDGolfHacker

That is slick looking little tool! I fix ~10 pitch marks on every green so something like this would really come in handy.

Do you have the original or zinc version? How is the build quality? Does it ever snap open in your pocket?

I have the zinc one, although mine isn't anywhere near shiny. I'm still using the same one I bought 7+ years ago, so the quality is good. It very rarely opens up in my pocket.

It looks as though they changed it a little bit in that I have a magnetic ball marker where one of their logo's is...never use it though.

• Like 1

This Divot Tool from Kari Lajosi has been in my pocket for last 3-4 years.

• Like 1

This Nike one is the best I've used and repairs the best. I have a Cameron too but the prongs are big and chew the grass.

5C970A61-3C41-4AAD-B23C-DCD74E8BFEC5-3266-0000066C2C556DCD.jpeg

I say use whatever you need to but repair it! The senior men's group is the worst, apparently they don't want to bend down and repair them- per the staff.

• Like 4

IMG_1145.JPG

Picked this up this morning @ Evans Prairie. Good deal 20% off.

Got rained out in 3rd hole so there's always tomorrow!

• Like 1

Most definitely the little switchblade style. It folds up and does not stab you. Push the button and PAPOW, its ready.

PFXG.png

• Like 3

Honestly man I use two tees or my pocket knife and they seem to work just as well. But most courses have them to purchase or even to take as a freebie.

• Like 1

Honestly man I use two tees or my pocket knife and they seem to work just as well. But most courses have them to purchase or even to take as a freebie.

As pitch mark tool, your pocket knife is poor choice. A lot of roots are going to be unnecessarily cut using it as such.

• Like 1

... I have been using a Scotty divot tool forever with the tongs plating worn off. But I lost mine last week when my sons find borrowed it then it fell out of his pocket. Thankfully PGA Superstore had some for $12.99 so I bought two. I am hoping most here know how to properly fix a ball mark. I am guessing everyone knows but just in case the last thing you ever want to do is lift the ground. This breaks the roots and causes dead spots and I still see people do it all the time. You insert the tool at an angle and gently pull the edges to the middle. Here is a video that was probably done in 1955 :blink: 

https://www.google.com/#q=Proper+way+to+fix+a+ball+mark+on+a+green&kpvalbx=1

• Like 1

IMG_4129.PNG

I used this one until my in-laws got me one with my college logo. You can hide the "spikes" so you don't get stabbed in the leg and it pops out like a VW key when you're ready to attack those divots.

• Like 2