Shankster

Most Underrated Equipment?

We have the best of bests. The good, the bad, the ugly... what about the most underrated equipment?

What brand gets a undeserved bad rap?

Which brand surprised you the most when tested?

What brand should be in the spotlight that isn't?

What brand is overlooked in the Big Brand markets?

For me, I think it's Cobra. I've hit pretty much all of their 2017 Lineup and from my testing, they perform extremely well. The King MB's are as pure as any blade I've hit. The Forged Tec irons dare to be different by giving you a hint of forgiveness but a huge Forged feel. I'm gaming the wedges and let me tell you, they are SWEET! (Talk about spin!) Both the F7+ and the KING LTD driver sounded, looked, and performed as well as I could expect. The fairways rock, haven't hit the hybrids or the DI.

- Alan

• Like 5

I still game the Fly z + Cobra driver & hybrid.

Don't see to many on the course. I think they come in under the radar.

• Like 4

The Fly Z Pro irons are the ones that got my attention. Those were awesome irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I recently picked up a Cobra King F6 and I am getting my jock blown off with the performance this bad boy is putting out.  Funny thing is, I was a Cobra homer several years ago and inadvertently swayed to other brands.  I'm really glad I'm back in the saddle and I now I remember whey I respected their drivers so much.

• Like 5

I recently picked up a Cobra King F6 and I am getting my jock blown off with the performance this bad boy is putting out. Funny thing is, I was a Cobra homer several years ago and inadvertently swayed to other brands. I'm really glad I'm back in the saddle and I now I remember whey I respected their drivers so much.

When acusnet owned Cobra I really wanted the DCI cobra version. I think it was just the King Cobra irons. The local legend at the course Mr. Jackson games them. It was like playing with Greg Norman. He was scratch or better. I'll never forget that King Cobra head cover.

I think these were it. And I think they were during Acushnets ownership.

- Alan

• Like 2

I have to agree with you all there, I think cobra is seriously underrated and make an amazing product. I love their fly z+ which is my gamer. I also had the amp cell pro Irons which were a thing of beauty. I still regret ever selling them. Maybe one day another pro version will work their way back into my bag

• Like 2

When acusnet owned Cobra I really wanted the DCI cobra version. I think it was just the King Cobra irons. The local legend at the course Mr. Jackson games them. It was like playing with Greg Norman. He was scratch or better. I'll never forget that King Cobra head cover.

I think these were it. And I think they were during Acushnets ownership.

attachicon.gifIMG_1096.PNG

- Alan

Yea I remember those.   I think Cobra may have been the first set of oversized irons?  Anyways I'm happy to have a snake back in my bag ;) 

• Like 3

Nike

Agree, I think they were under appreciated.

- Alan

• Like 3

Nike

Especially the engage wedges. I tried them when they first came out. Space age looks, consistent blade performance.

- Alan

Cobra has been underrated for a while now, agree with all the comments on them.

I can't believe nobody has said Wilson Staff yet though.  Their woods are definitely coming around and their irons have been sleeper hits for a few years now.

• Like 9

I'll say Mizuno--at least for some of their offerings. They get a lot of love on the players end of the lineup but I think not as much for the GI end or wedges. For a company known for the feel of their irons I see a lot more Titleist and Cleveland wedges in people's bags.

• Like 7

Cobra has been underrated for a while now, agree with all the comments on them.

I can't believe nobody has said Wilson Staff yet though.  Their woods are definitely coming around and their irons have been sleeper hits for a few years now.

Definitely agree about Wilson Staff.  At demo days I hit hybrids and driver and was impressed.  Most new clubs I hit don't usually stand out much from others, but dang I hit them well.  

• Like 2

I liked Nike's gear myself but if I had to pick a specific set it'd actually be Wilson staff's fat shaft two iron set. Still have them actually. Those suckers are still one of my favorite sets.

• Like 1

Right now, in the big boy, I'd say Wilson.

Overall, components (not clones)...Maltby, Wishon, KZG etc.

• Like 3

I will jump in and say I am a big Tour Edge supporter. Yes they are expensive but they are great quality and I find that many of them are hidden under the headcovers of tour pros. 

• Like 4

my old bio cell+ driver was one of the most consistent drivers I have ever had.  I also still game old Mashie+ hybrids because I have yet to find one that is more consistent, longer maybe but not more consistent.  I absolutely love them

• Like 1