Shankster

Most Underrated Equipment?

Bobby Grace Putters. I'll also concur on Cobra; my s9-1 pro 3 wood is soooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Adams and Wilson as a whole in the last decade made some fantastic equipment but not a lot of retail love.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Agree, I think they were under appreciated.

- Alan

I still game the Nike Ignite 460 nothing touches it on distance so far but always looking

I think you get srixon/cleveland and mizuno who are not considered enough. Srixon's offerings (this year especially) are excellent and mizuno irons seems to be tested by every pro not already on an equipment contract. I could fill my bag with srixon/cleveland products from top to bottom and be very happy with it. You couldn't say that about every equipment company

• Like 1

As far as no love in days past Ram was a club that once played, stayed in many a bag.

Lynx and Wilson Staff were the same. Cobra always made clubs that people fell in love with.

Anybody have any love for Tommy Armour clubs? I have a set of Tommy Armour Silver Scott Blades that I still love...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

One of the somewhat unheard of golf equipment makers is WISHON. Tom Wishon is a reknown club maker his clubs have always been TOP quality and leaders in new club design and technology. Wishon Clubs are available ONLY though accredited Wishon club makers/ fitters and are not sold in retail

Outlets..These Wishon Clubs should be tested and compared with the "Big Boys I know the results would shock the golf industry.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

As far as no love in days past Ram was a club that once played, stayed in many a bag.

Lynx and Wilson Staff were the same. Cobra always made clubs that people fell in love with.

These were some of the best clubs ever made at the time.

s-l300.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Adams and Wilson as a whole in the last decade made some fantastic equipment but not a lot of retail love.

MDGolfHacker

I just bought an Adams Red 3 hybrid and I can smoke the ball with it. And for me that's saying a lot. It's a great club.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cobra has been underrated for a while now, agree with all the comments on them.

I can't believe nobody has said Wilson Staff yet though. Their woods are definitely coming around and their irons have been sleeper hits for a few years now.

Wilson far and away -

• Like 1

Anyone remember Pal Joey clubs? Haha

• Like 1

My dad still has the full bag Lynx Predator set he bought 30+ years ago. Paid $800 for them back then. Won't even think about buying any other clubs. But man he's good with them. Only about 200 off the tee but poker straight and it's not unusual for him to beat me

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

My dad still has the full bag Lynx Predator set he bought 30+ years ago. Paid $800 for them back then. Won't even think about buying any other clubs. But man he's good with them. Only about 200 off the tee but poker straight and it's not unusual for him to beat me

Yea I had a set of the Lynx way back when. I don't remember the model however they were pretty slick!

• Like 3

Anybody have any love for Tommy Armour clubs? I have a set of Tommy Armour Silver Scott Blades that I still love...

MDGolfHacker

I don't think they were underrated. Use to see em everywhere. esp. 845s
  • Like 1

Not mine. But everyone was copying PING in the late 90's. The Pro Shop was full of smaller brands. But the head pro loved him some PING.

- Alan

I'll agree with the ones that have mentioned Wilson Staff.  

I got on board with some of the new D300 line a couple years ago.   I bought a D300 driver, but moved on after a few rounds with it, as i felt it was too lite and I didn't bother trying any additional shafts in it. 

Also played the D300 for a season and half.  They were fine irons, probably way underrated, but again me being me, wanted something new and shiny after a period of time.  I considered the C200 at that time, but there were a couple other irons at the time in a similar category that were considerable more buzz...the CF16 chief among them, so that's what i went with.  

I did see the C300 line this year, but it didn't thrill me.  I really like the great folks at Wilosn, i feel they are very genuine and passionate about their line.  I would just like to see some more marketing or something done by them to give them more pizzazz.   I know that's a tall ask, or the natural question is, would I buy their product if the had more marketing or pizzazz behind it.   I honestly can't say for sure.

I just bought a set of Srixon irons, mainly for the reason they look absolutely beautiful and are very easy to hit, it's an iron I get excited about having in my bag.  The C200 was a really nice looking iron, but not one that I felt was going to stand out for any particular reason in my bag.

I guess you could compare it to having a really cute girl next door girlfriend that has a great personality, but if you have a chance to date the head cheerleader that everyone knows who also has a great personalty and everyone loves, you're probably going to naturally gravitate toward her, through no fault of the "girl next door" 

• Like 1

Yea I had a set of the Lynx way back when. I don't remember the model however they were pretty slick!

It's funny when he and his buddies play because they all have new drivers and hes holding his and it looks like a hybrid compared to the other guys!!

• Like 1