Shankster

Most Underrated Equipment?

Srixon, Cobra and Bridgestone are the 3 brands I'd put up at the top of the underrated list.

Before a few years ago I'd never heard of Srixon but it was love at first strike!  Had the 45 series in the bag and updated to the 65 series this year.  I've hit everything that's out there and these are by far my favorite irons I've ever had in the bag.

Cobra makes a really good product across the board but they don't get much attention by the masses.  The FlyZ+ irons were outstanding and the new F7 line is flat out awesome.

Bridgestone also makes some fantastic golf clubs.  Sadly they just don't invest in the US retail market to be competitive.  And this new Tour B line of irons going only custom fit was a bad move IMO.  The previous J15 line, especially the CB, were fantastic golf clubs.  Just wish the company did more with the golf side of the business outside of balls.

• Like 1

Bridgestone clubs are fantastic! The J40 line was incredible, still,playing the hybrids and I wish I still had the DPC irons,

• Like 1

I can't believe I read through this entire 5 page thread and only one person mentioned the Adams. 

CB3, CMB, etc... their forged irons were/are supposed to be as good as you can get.

shame, shame, shame

• Like 1

Was always intrigued by Bombtech and their Grenade line up, but heard good things. Also feel Cleveland is underrated with the new HB line. Always have a special place for Cleveland classic/xl.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Anyone know anything about the old Snake Eyes clubs? Were they clones or Golfsmith's attempt at making their own in house design clubs?

Anyone know anything about the old Snake Eyes clubs? Were they clones or Golfsmith's attempt at making their own in house design clubs?

From what I remember they were their own brand mostly known for their wedges. Golfsmith bought them and expanded them to be a component line along with other component lines they sold. Dont think they were officially clones as they didn't attempt to replicate other OEM clubs.

• Like 1

I remember seeing snake eyes clubs in the pro shop at the course I worked as a kid. Along with Ram, Dunlop, Lynx. I think they made some wedges that were marketed as super high spin, but I can't be for certain.

• Like 1

Their original wedges were supposed to be pretty nice. Once they sold out to Golfsmith that was kind of the end of them though as they went component only. Although I do remember Scott Verplank playing the Golfsmith blades for a while.

• Like 2