TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Caddie

HeathS16

IMG_1264.PNG

So just got this today looks like it open for testing or using for current Arccos members. I am excited to see how/if it works and how effective it might be.

It was free and required no upgrade. Thought this was interesting, thoughts on it? Anyone else ready to test it out?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Ready to read your review about it. I'm really interested in this technology. It might just be the selling point for me to get the arccos 360 for my clubs if it gets good reviews.

Plan on playing a few times this week to try it out I'll let y'all know what I think. Been using the 360 system since January. I LOVE IT!

Totally worth it even if the caddie thing doesn't impress me much.

Ditto to what shankster posted. I'm looking forward to your review on the feature.

I guess it'd be generic with most commonly used clubs in the distance range. It seems they measure the distance as a straight line and not account to slope. It does not work well for me on both hilly courses I play on the gamegolf live and swami gt.

Ditto to what shankster posted. I'm looking forward to your review on the feature.

I guess it'd be generic with most commonly used clubs in the distance range. It seems they measure the distance as a straight line and not account to slope. It does not work well for me on both hilly courses I play on the gamegolf live and swami gt.

I'm anxious to see what all it entails and if it really is useful. Would be super cool if it accounted for slope, maybe someday .

UPDATE: someone from Arccos contacted me and told me they factor in elevation and slope when recommending shots, I've already looked at places like Pebble Beach and such to see how it tells me to play it! Super cool!!

UPDATE: someone from Arccos contacted me and told me they factor in elevation and slope when recommending shots, I've already looked at places like Pebble Beach and such to see how it tells me to play it! Super cool!!

That's cool. I'm a gamegolf live user with the slope edition bushnell v3. Though now I know the shot compensation yardagefor most of my shots now on my home course, elevation can be as much as 15 yards difference.

I've always like the data rich environment you get from arccos. It's almost self-full filling prophecy, the data shown I need to improve on my inside 100 yards percentage, I practice more and improved, then my percentage gets higher which boost my confidence and improve percentage.

I fee like the data reinforces what I i know to be fact: I suck. However seeing the percentage go up is a wonderful boost to my confidence and does help my scoring. I like how there is no tagging and the gps is dead in even when tested against a bushnell.

I am playing today and will use the caddie to see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Time: 

OK, so I have played 5 rounds with the Arccos Caddie.  4 of those rounds were on courses I have played before and know well, and 1 of the rounds was on a course I have never played before.  I listened to EVERYTHING the caddie said for the entirety of one round just to see how it would affect my score.  The other rounds I looked at caddie and compared it to how I normally play a hole that I know well. 

First impression: 

I like this whole system, the Arccos system is easily one of my favorite golf accessories and has really helped me hone my practice to combat my biggest weaknesses.  After using the Arccos caddie I can see the value in looking and analyzing the statistical suggestions for each hole.  To be honest I was expecting caddie to be useful simply because of how much I love the shot tracking system.  So here we go! 

General Purpose: 

The purpose of the Arcoss Caddie is to help a golfer select the correct club/strategy for a particular hole.  This selection is based on the stats available from tracking rounds using Arccos.  For example here is a sample hole from Thursday: 

Arccos Caddie Review Pics .png

Please don't judge my fairway accuracy  :o

What I found was an easy way to form my strategy for each hole, you can even change the club it suggests to one maybe that you hit normally but has a lower percentage to hit the fairway. Anoter cool feature is that your expected score (if you use the suggested clubs) for each hole is displayed in the top right hand side of the screen.   

Ease of Use: 5 out of 5 

Super easy to use, it gives you an option to launch caddie on the tee box before you play the hole. Simply touch the green button of what you want to change, look at or analyze.  Super cool part was looking at courses like Pebble Beach or Augusta and looking at how the Arccos system would suggest you play these courses. This feature is SUPER easy to use.  

Value:  3 out of 5 (Subject to change based on pricing after beta)

I do not know what the price will be when this feature is fully launched. I do know that this is a nifty addition to the arccos system. Certainly one of the biggest values is when you are on an unfamiliar course because it saved me some golf balls several times by showing hazards that I could not see from several tee boxes.  

Overall Thoughts: 4 out of 5

I think that this system can hold a lot of value for golfers using the Arccos system. Does it help improve your game? I think so I shot some of my best rounds of the using this caddie system as a guide to certain holes that I have historically played horribly. 

Arccos Caddie 2.png

Thank you for reading, I love the Arccos system and I find plenty of value in it.  I look forward to any questions I would love to share more of my experience with this system all in all,  I am very impressed with this feature and I certainly recommend any Arccos user to use it! 

Great job and you have me interested

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks for the write up. I didn't know that this would be a subscription service, bummer. I agree it would be super useful with any unfamiliar courses. Home course probably not so much, but it would serves as a benchmark on how accurate it selects your next shot.

It would be triple awesome if it can link to range specific gadgets like swingbites or Ernest sports ES14. This way it would be a total game changers.

Speaking of pebbles beach, I'd killed for and app that would offer grids on the putting green similar to the video game. How awesome would that be. Hah! One can only dream.

So I've been an avid Arccos user for 2+ years now. What I appreciate about the tool is that you turn it on at the beginning of every round and then after 18, aside from adding gimmies and updating/deleting a shot here or there - you have your data and for me that has proven to be extremely useful.

With that said, with the Arccos caddie, this requires you to engage with your device while on the course. That's a detractor for me and considering I play a lot of golf on my home course...while I have the functionality available to me, I don't use it. Plus, if the sun is shining and I don't have my reading glasses on, the readout could be in Chinese...I wouldn't know.

That's why I think the future of this tool needs to connect audibly to some other device (to Siri perhaps?...at some point? Or Bluetooth speaker?).

I hate not giving Arccos good marks because their customer service is great and I love the data. And while I know they are looking to create new streams of revenue, for me at least, I won't be subscribing once the beta period is over.

So I've been an avid Arccos user for 2+ years now. What I appreciate about the tool is that you turn it on at the beginning of every round and then after 18, aside from adding gimmies and updating/deleting a shot here or there - you have your data and for me that has proven to be extremely useful.

With that said, with the Arccos caddie, this requires you to engage with your device while on the course. That's a detractor for me and considering I play a lot of golf on my home course...while I have the functionality available to me, I don't use it. Plus, if the sun is shining and I don't have my reading glasses on, the readout could be in Chinese...I wouldn't know.

That's why I think the future of this tool needs to connect audibly to some other device (to Siri perhaps?...at some point? Or Bluetooth speaker?).

I hate not giving Arccos good marks because their customer service is great and I love the data. And while I know they are looking to create new streams of revenue, for me at least, I won't be subscribing once the beta period is over.

This was the main reason I chose gamegolf live over arccos, the interaction. Plus at the time arccos was still big and bulky at the butt end of the clubs, and battery on each. The new one is very cool looking.

Gamegolf live just needs a tag and I can be on the way. Not gonna lie the data on arccos dwarfs the gamegolf plus the social side game seems more interesting as well. I want to know everything about my golf game, the uglier the better, but not on the course afterwards.

Great points, I don't mind engaging with my device every now and again. But I certainly see how it could be detracting to others.

Love the tracking system and like you said their customer support is top notch. Jury is still out if I would subscribe or not. Awesome thoughts!!

This was the main reason I chose gamegolf live over arccos, the interaction. Plus at the time arccos was still big and bulky at the butt end of the clubs, and battery on each. The new one is very cool looking.

Gamegolf live just needs a tag and I can be on the way. Not gonna lie the data on arccos dwarfs the gamegolf plus the social side game seems more interesting as well. I want to know everything about my golf game, the uglier the better, but not on the course afterwards.

Arccos certainly provides that, I was sitting there in January waffling between game golf and Arccos when I saw the new sensors and the mountain of data I had to go with the Arccos system.

Arccos certainly provides that, I was sitting there in January waffling between game golf and Arccos when I saw the new sensors and the mountain of data I had to go with the Arccos system.

Oh believe me I love the data. It lets me geek out my game when I'm not on the course. Unless something better or newer model comes out the next system would be arccos for me.

Archived