TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ever heard of the Smartgolf putter? Just launched on Kickstarter!

David.S

Not only a putter, a Smart Putter!

Putting, it's one these skills which really makes the difference between two players. In a very close match, victory and defeat will be chosen while putting so why not give yourself the best odds and make a new ally of the green?

With the Smartgolf putter, practice whenever and wherever you might be even for 10 minutes a day and finally get these few extra strokes off your game!

Equipped with powerful sensors, the Smartgolf putter analyses your putts and transmits the data to your phone, tablet or computer via the Smartgolf application. Analyze your game on the field, at home or even at the office and receive some professional feedback to better yourself. Get transported to a virtual field using the associated application to practice at home surrounded by your loved one! 

That's not all! Play or practice without the app, using only the Smart putter and still receive feedback from your moves with the innovative LED level indicator and other top of the line features! Enjoy a well-crafted putter and never miss to sink your putts!

From the company behind the Smartgolf club, the world's first swing Analyzer comes a new way of practicing your putts, never let anything stop you from exercising your passion, choose where and when to practice!

Check out the Kickstarter today and get 50% off the retail price with the launch day special deal (50% and a special gift!)! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smartgolf/smart-putter

Interesting concept.  I may give it a go.  I love a good kickstarter.  Thanks for the heads up.

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

Good luck with your putting training device. Not to be a stick-in-the-mud... but this particular device (training aid) doesn't appeal to me on any level. I also looked around and found your swing (driver) training club that's being offered or developed. Same thoughts there. Without being a complete hypocrite I've mentioned before that I think eventually technology will continue to develop and merge where perhaps a ball will have a chip/sensor embedded and it will somehow interact with the club providing data and feedback on ball flight, distance, and lots of other data. I've tried a few years ago the Game Golf thing and hated it. Arccos seems to be the better of those types of technology. My dream golf tech would be seamless. By that I'm talking about playing top quality balls like we play today along with the types of clubs we play today. In other words you just go out and play golf. You never know the technology is there and working. After your round (or practice session) you're able to analyze your round on your preferred device. Am I dreaming? Perhaps. But I'm old enough to have now seen a lot of technology that I thought were only stuff of science fiction. Most obvious and recently are cell phones. If you really want to go way back how about a hand held calculator? Yes, I'm old. 62. My cell phone already has a mountain of technology packed into it that I don't even know is there unless I want to see or use it.

There's a ton of golf training aids on the market as I'm sure Smart Golf is aware of. Much of it available for less expense and proven to be very effective. I own several golf training aids that for me made sense and weren't expensive. None of them are computer type devices except Game Golf which I sold. Still, today it's very hard to beat good ole practice time at the golf course. My eyes, hands, and ears usually provide me with all the data I need.

If you guys can crack the nut like I dreamed of above you'll have something. That to me would be the so called holy grail of golf data/analytics. Technology that I don't see or think about unless I want to.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I just don't see the appeal of practicing with a putter that wasn't my gamer.

Different look, different weighting, different feel are the main reasons.

Plus, many builders and fitters have stated that the look of the putter plays into how each individual aligns a putter.

Using a generic training aid to practice your alignment would seem to be a waste of time unless your gamer had the same weighting, shape and alignment aids as the training putter

Thank you both for your feedback, it is always a pleasure to get some new opinions on our products. 

PlaidJacket, I thought what you said was very interesting, we have developed an affordable yet highly practical Smart Putter that you can use to play with, our vision behind it is somewhat similar to your idea. You can use the Smart Putter just like any other putter and play on the green with it but you can also practice wherever you want with it and receive all the information you need to better your skills with the associated app or without. 

jlukes, like said, you can use the putter like your own and build muscle memory after practicing a with the Smart Putter with it's physical training systems or with the associated app.

Thank you again for your feedback!

David - understood - but again, if the putter isn't the same length/weight/shape/feel as my gamer, grooving a stroke with it really won't matter as my gamer will have a completely different feel.

And here is just a small piece regarding how alignment aides play differently on putters and person to person

https://youtu.be/i34xg1hDCMI

and an article on how putter fitting is so important

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/david-edels-putters-are-custom-fit-fix-your-flaws

I think, in theory, the smart putter is a great idea - but unless the putter is representative of the player's actual gamer, than it simply won't be a great training aid.  Sure, it would be fun to play around with, but it isn't something I'd work with over time - and the cost would prohibit me from picking one up just to play around with

Hi Jlukes, I understand your point of view, anything about one's putter, the length, weight, material, is important when you choose a putter and you have to get used to how it feels when you play with it. Our Putter is designed as a real one meaning you can actually use it on the field but like you said you would probably need to get used to it first. I think however that once you get used to it, you will save a lot of time and strokes very quickly compared to using a regular putter.

Hi Jlukes, I understand your point of view, anything about one's putter, the length, weight, material, is important when you choose a putter and you have to get used to how it feels when you play with it. Our Putter is designed as a real one meaning you can actually use it on the field but like you said you would probably need to get used to it first. I think however that once you get used to it, you will save a lot of time and strokes very quickly compared to using a regular putter.

I don't believe your putter is USGA conforming - have you filed for approval? 

jlukes, the Smart Putter's training systems can be deactivated on the push of a button, once deactivated, the Smart Putter is reacts and works just like any other putter.

I understand, but are you going to get it on the usga conforming list? If not on the list, it cannot be used in any legitimate round.

Just like laser rangefinders with a slope function are not legal to use in usga sanctioned tournaments or rounds used to establish or maintain a handicap.

Filling for approval will be done once the Kickstarter is over and we are further down the path, we currently have a few working prototypes and a few working products for our own use and for testers. 

Thank you for your opinion jlukes, like I said, we always appreciate feedback! 

Essentially yes James, the Smart Putter will definitely help with building up muscle memory but you can get a lot more, get ready to lose a few strokes after you start using it! 

Just my two cents, but if you are trying to market this as a something a player can use during a round, it would be smart to get the usga approval ASAP

Sincerely,

Wilson Golf 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Archived