What Does Your Membership Cost?

I attended a wedding a few weeks back and met some fellow golfers on my SO's side, that I had no idea who golfed. We got to discussing the prices of memberships and they were shocked to hear how much mine cost. Granted, these guys lived closer to the city and I live in a small town with a population of about 1,500. My local course is 9 holes, and our yearly membership is $350. This includes golf and swimming pool. The down side is that there are no carts, but two large sheds for all the members to store their own and a key to access it whenever you please.

So, what are your membership costs?

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mines free (I don't belong to a club  )   MDGolfHacker

Pebble Creek GC in Tampa........retired membership is $107/month plus $158 for unlimited cart. Since I volunteer 2 mornings a week, the cart fee is waived, leaving only $107.   They (Ace Golf) own

My golf membership costs 575Euro per year. This does not include carts or range balls but you have access to play the course 7 days per week. The course it self is consistently ranked in the top 20 go

Ours is approximately 300/mo. Plus golf which is 1500/yr unlimited play

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I pay $800 cdn for a Monday to Thursday membership. Allows me to play other courses on the weekends.

Most courses in my area have moved away from unlimited memberships to packages. So a person would buy base membership for say $300-$500 depending on the course then actually buy their rounds with 30 or 40 rounds usually being the most. While also offering 5,10 and 20 packs where each round would work out to a bit more.

Fewer and fewer are offering unlimited packs. Perks to both sides I guess. As long as the sport is growing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Ours is $2500.00 per year family membership. 12 months/365 days of golf in Georgia to include cart fees, range balls, and unlimited golf.

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

I got in on a special invitation I think I paid 900 initiation and $300/mo with food. Also $375 annually with range balls. I pay 425-450 per month on avg. food are excellent. Best turkey sandwich.

At my club it's $300/mo. + cart and tax. Range is included.

The food at the club is good by most accounts but I don't eat or drink there much.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Our club is $2500 per year for my wife and I.  Unlimited golf with cart 7 days a week, however, I walk twice a week.  Range balls are extra, and there is no restaurant only a snack bar.

As members we get half off any rate at the course across town managed by the same company.  Comes in handy when we have a tournament and our course is closed.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We pay $160/month, we get full membership to 4 courses, 1 is close by and the other 2 are 45-60 minutes away. That does not include cart or range. Cart fee is 20 for 18, we can walk Monday -Friday and afternoons on Sat-Sun with no extra charge, just check in and go. Rack rate is 70, so 4 rounds a month pays for the membership, and we get to play Jan-Dec.

• Like 4

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I want to join another club even closer to my house, less than 5 mins drive bigger and better but it's $7k (discounted) to join for weekdays member and give and take $700 a month with food. It's too much right now, but when my daughter starts playing and shows serious interest I'd definitely considered the investment.

• Like 1

Membership at beautiful Lake Jonesco is $400 per year and a $5 cart fee each time I play.  I average  2 rounds per week there.  I play in two central Georgia Senior groups that have a $20 membership, I play 3 Mondays a month on some good to excellent courses for $35 each time we play, I average 2 of these Mondays per month so I only average about $1200 for all of this.  I may add another $300 for golf at courses other than these. 

• Like 7

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash with Mitsubishi C6 Red 50 R-flex  shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Membership at beautiful Lake Jonesco is $400 per year and a $5 cart fee each time I play.  I average  2 rounds per week there.  I play in two central Georgia Senior groups that have a $20 membership, I play 3 Mondays a month on some good to excellent courses for $35 each time we play, I average 2 of these Mondays per month so I only average about $1200 for all of this.  I may add another $300 for golf at courses other than these. 

Well, if we are adding in golf at other courses, that includes travel expenses too.  2-week golf trip in Jan-Feb, another week in the summer, probably a few days in the fall; I would say that I would have to add another 3 grand.  So, my membership at $2500 is roughly half my annual golf expenses.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I need to move where some of you guys live. My all in cost per year even shocked me a bit when I added it up last year.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

I've looked into a membership at a few courses around me, but I think $1500 was the price of the course that I was really interested in. Granted I also know the GM/Superintendent of that course so that number may be a bit lower if I really looked into it. But it's a really nice course that hosts a city scramble every year.

The price of the private Country Club that I work at currently I believe is $8k/yr for just golf/clubhouse and then extra for access to the pool, tennis courts and fitness building. Maybe someday that'll be in my price range but definitely not right now.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

My course is just over $1800 for the year.  Includes a trail fee so I can use my own cart, unlimited play, unlimited range and practice and our 3 hole loop.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Country club I work at gives me playing and practice privileges all week when I'm not working. Boss just told me to keep my sticks in the car. [emoji41]

• Like 1

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X