TSauer

What Does Your Membership Cost?

I attended a wedding a few weeks back and met some fellow golfers on my SO's side, that I had no idea who golfed. We got to discussing the prices of memberships and they were shocked to hear how much mine cost. Granted, these guys lived closer to the city and I live in a small town with a population of about 1,500. My local course is 9 holes, and our yearly membership is $350. This includes golf and swimming pool. The down side is that there are no carts, but two large sheds for all the members to store their own and a key to access it whenever you please.

So, what are your membership costs?

• Like 3

Ours is approximately 300/mo. Plus golf which is 1500/yr unlimited play

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I pay $800 cdn for a Monday to Thursday membership. Allows me to play other courses on the weekends.

Most courses in my area have moved away from unlimited memberships to packages. So a person would buy base membership for say $300-$500 depending on the course then actually buy their rounds with 30 or 40 rounds usually being the most. While also offering 5,10 and 20 packs where each round would work out to a bit more.

Fewer and fewer are offering unlimited packs. Perks to both sides I guess. As long as the sport is growing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ours is $2500.00 per year family membership. 12 months/365 days of golf in Georgia to include cart fees, range balls, and unlimited golf.

• Like 4

I got in on a special invitation I think I paid 900 initiation and $300/mo with food. Also $375 annually with range balls. I pay 425-450 per month on avg. food are excellent. Best turkey sandwich.

At my club it's $300/mo. + cart and tax. Range is included.

The food at the club is good by most accounts but I don't eat or drink there much.

• Like 1

Too much for only 5 months a year. Not worth buying. So I just pay when I play.

• Like 4

Our club is $2500 per year for my wife and I.  Unlimited golf with cart 7 days a week, however, I walk twice a week.  Range balls are extra, and there is no restaurant only a snack bar.

As members we get half off any rate at the course across town managed by the same company.  Comes in handy when we have a tournament and our course is closed.

• Like 2

We pay $160/month, we get full membership to 4 courses, 1 is close by and the other 2 are 45-60 minutes away. That does not include cart or range. Cart fee is 20 for 18, we can walk Monday -Friday and afternoons on Sat-Sun with no extra charge, just check in and go. Rack rate is 70, so 4 rounds a month pays for the membership, and we get to play Jan-Dec.

• Like 4

I want to join another club even closer to my house, less than 5 mins drive bigger and better but it's $7k (discounted) to join for weekdays member and give and take $700 a month with food. It's too much right now, but when my daughter starts playing and shows serious interest I'd definitely considered the investment.

• Like 1

Membership at beautiful Lake Jonesco is $400 per year and a $5 cart fee each time I play.  I average  2 rounds per week there.  I play in two central Georgia Senior groups that have a $20 membership, I play 3 Mondays a month on some good to excellent courses for $35 each time we play, I average 2 of these Mondays per month so I only average about $1200 for all of this.  I may add another $300 for golf at courses other than these. 

• Like 7

Membership at beautiful Lake Jonesco is $400 per year and a $5 cart fee each time I play.  I average  2 rounds per week there.  I play in two central Georgia Senior groups that have a $20 membership, I play 3 Mondays a month on some good to excellent courses for $35 each time we play, I average 2 of these Mondays per month so I only average about $1200 for all of this.  I may add another $300 for golf at courses other than these. 

Well, if we are adding in golf at other courses, that includes travel expenses too.  2-week golf trip in Jan-Feb, another week in the summer, probably a few days in the fall; I would say that I would have to add another 3 grand.  So, my membership at $2500 is roughly half my annual golf expenses.

• Like 2

I need to move where some of you guys live. My all in cost per year even shocked me a bit when I added it up last year.

• Like 4

I've looked into a membership at a few courses around me, but I think $1500 was the price of the course that I was really interested in. Granted I also know the GM/Superintendent of that course so that number may be a bit lower if I really looked into it. But it's a really nice course that hosts a city scramble every year.

The price of the private Country Club that I work at currently I believe is $8k/yr for just golf/clubhouse and then extra for access to the pool, tennis courts and fitness building. Maybe someday that'll be in my price range but definitely not right now.

My course is just over $1800 for the year.  Includes a trail fee so I can use my own cart, unlimited play, unlimited range and practice and our 3 hole loop.

• Like 1

My club wouldn't allow outside cart or Segway. I'd own the Segway golf version already it's so cool.

• Like 1

City pass, $800 yr. $6 week $7 weekend. Play all day. cart fee $12. Access to 5 city courses

• Like 4

I still qualify for a "intermediate" membership (basically college student/fresh out of college) ages.

$900 for unlimited golf 7 days a week and one small bucket per day. Carts are a couple hundred more, but I walk every round

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Country club I work at gives me playing and practice privileges all week when I'm not working. Boss just told me to keep my sticks in the car.

• Like 1