Hobbies Outside of Golf

I play word, Excel, PowerPoint publisher and Access.. Ha ha ha...

MDGolfHacker

LOLOL :D

Don't forget Chrome and Firefox!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks! I used to play a ton of CS myself, I'm a huge FPS fan. I usually play LoL now, but I haven't played much of anything in a little while though.

Nooo... LoL... the dark side!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Buying a Travel Trailer on Friday. Had one a few years ago. Nothing like setting up "camp" by a river, waking up to some crickets, brushing off the dew, boiling water for some coffee, grabbing the fly rod and heading out on the river.

Not to mention the camp fire, s'mores, reading a good book in the hammock. Oh and I'm picking places by my bucket list golf courses here in Michigan. It is going to be a good summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Buying a Travel Trailer on Friday. Had one a few years ago. Nothing like setting up "camp" by a river, waking up to some crickets, brushing off the dew, boiling water for some coffee, grabbing the fly rod and heading out on the river.

Not to mention the camp fire, s'mores, reading a good book in the hammock. Oh and I'm picking places by my bucket list golf courses here in Michigan. It is going to be a good summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Those are the best times. We usually go on a float trip every year and it consists of the same agenda. Hanging out by the fire, playing music, roasting hotdogs and smores, and just enjoying the company. The float trip lasts all day long, them we go back and do the night all over again. Usually a highlight of my summer.

Driver:            :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS 9* | Ventus Red 5-S
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13*  | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 4H 19* | Tensei AV Blue
Hybrid:           :ping-small: 4 Crossover| 23* | Alta CB 70
Irons:               :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:        :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            L.A.B. Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• 3 months later...

During the winter months I do some oil painting. Basement walls are full, working on the upstairs.

IMG_0084.JPG

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

When I was in law school my and my friends used to go out and dominate the local bar trivia scene. I still want to get out to it, but now with everyone gone and nothing nearby it sucks. I'm also a huge soccer fan and love playing the Football Manager series of video games, think of it like extreme Dynasty mode where you don't get to play the games for soccer fans.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• 3 weeks later...

For me Other the Family.. which really detracts from MY hobbies.. LOL.. photography, and Hunting, other then golf.. 

I raced Quads and dirtbikes for years, I was a DJ, Nightclub and radio. Shooting and collecting guns.. 

Oh yeah, relaxing. NIce cigars, cold beer, and a warm summer night.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Motorcycles

Wine

Gourmet Cooking

Working Out

Cigar Aficionado

And just started club refinishing/regripping

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 5 years later...

Really do love these throwback threads and here is another one that caught my eye as so much has changes since I last posted in this.

I have a family now, 3 dogs and just an entirely different life situation. My hobbies outside of golf are few and far between. Golf is my main hobby, along with work. However a lot of outdoor activities with the family are high on my hobby list as well as fantasy sports. Outside of that I don't really have much time for other things to be included. 

I do still curl, however only once every couple weeks or so and that I would say hardly counts. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  :mizuno-small: S23 54,58 w/ KBS Tour Hi-Rev Blackout - TBD

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

My biggest hobby outside of golf is archery, both shooting for sport with friends and whitetail hunting. After that fishing is close behind, my oldest absolutely loves to fish and my father-in-law does as well. They have a lake home that we go to frequently in the summer so lots of fishing on those trips. 

Pretty much anything I can do outside, I like. Our boys love waterparks as well, so we go to those quite a bit too (does that count as a hobby? 😂). 

Family time dominates most of my free time, but I am fortunate that my kids have so far expressed interest in all of my same hobbies and my wife shares them as well. She isn’t obsessed with golf like I am, but she plays a handful of rounds with me every year which I really enjoy. With a soon to be 6 year old and 3 year old, we don’t get a lot of time to spend together just the two of us, so I don’t take that for granted. 

Great thread!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Other hobbies of mine are golf club repair, woodworking, and fly fishing.  While I am still working full-time, I don't have much extra time for the woodworking and fly fishing.  

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G410 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Taylormade Spider X putter

A big hobby for me outside of golf was music production, however I haven't done a thing in over 2 years. I sometimes miss it, but I honestly haven't had that "creative spark" in quite some time and I've learned forcing things just never works. So for now I content myself with reading, biking, playing video games, and being a band/prop dad.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Vintage audio equipment is my non-golf addiction. Can’t seem to resist an interesting vintage turntable restoration project - I guess the multiple half done projects in my basement are a testament to that - or my inability to finish ANYTHING 🤭🤭

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

I've had so many hobbies and got bored with most once I got good at it. The short version:

Competition pistol shooting, just didn't keep my interest. 

Deer hunting with rifle. Every season that I went I got one in the first hour or two. 1 deer allowed per season so I had to wait another year. To easy for me. So I took up archery hunting.

Archery, same deal. Got them right away. Finally just stopped hunting. Migrated to indoor competition. Won some competitions and some equipment but it was still not grabbing me.

Fresh water fishing, always enjoyed it. Once I moved to TN it was difficult because of where I lived. I was right on the Nolachucky River. But the river was more often a red clay color because of the soil and run off. You maybe had a day or two a month that it was clear. Now that I moved I hope I can get back Into fishing.

Golf has been the only thing that has kept my interest. Always room to improve. 34 years later and it still has me hooked. Started playing when I was 30. I'm also very handy. I enjoy building things (especially golf related things).

:cobra-small: Driver, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, G56744 said:

Gardening and landscaping. I’ve spent the last several years tearing out a bunch of old overgrown landscaping, replacing it with native plants, and growing prairie flowers from seed. There is something calming about watching the animals and insects the plants attract. 

I started a garden when we moved into our current house 3 years ago because it already had one.  I’m still learning.  I have this “harmless squirrel and friendly rabbit” to contend with.  

I don’t really have any other hobbies or interests outside golf.  I’ve had tons of them in the past, but lost interest or just moved on.  Maybe it’s time to find something new… something that will occupy my free time when the weather turns cold.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...

Favourite hobbies ranked in order;

1.  Fishing -  By far my favourite pastime.  Mostly fish for Muskie, also smallmouth and largemouth bass.  Love to fish out of canoes and kayaks with other boats for larger water.  make some of my own lures.  Also have a few fly rods but not very good at it yet.  

2.  Listening to my stereo.  Got back into the stereo when my wife was pregnant with my first daughter.  Not fair to take off every weekend so I went back to something I loved as a kid.  Have been working on the stereo for the past 19 years trying to squeeze the best sound possible out of it.  Only listen to vinyl and reel to reel tapes.  CD's are for the car.

3.  Shooting pool.  Bought a different house last year and getting back into playing pool.  I have a 4.5x9 pool table as well as a 6x12 snooker table.  Always preferred snooker.  When I was seven my father would take me to a pool hall to play snooker.

4.  Darts - Another thing I liked as a kid.  Always enjoyed the social aspect.

5.  Hiking in the woods and tracking animals.  Goal is to see how close I can get to them before they get spooked.  Got within 2 feet of a great horned owl on a fallen tree.  It took well over an hour to circle around while staying down wind.  Track deer and bears as well.  Have not shot an animal since I was 12.

6.  Wood Working - Finally have a space indoors.  Tools consist of both power and hand tools.  Power tools at times can get the job done quicker but hand tools are more therapeutic and a lot less noisy.

7.  Golf - I am not a good golfer but I still enjoy it.  The challenge to myself is what makes it interesting.

8.  Lifting weights and swimming for cardio.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Any other homebrewers here? I’ve been brewing for 10+ years - love to talk shop!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver:  image.png.f54d2adeca80979bef0a4e22ab464b6f.png Aerojet Max 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Any other homebrewers here? I’ve been brewing for 10+ years - love to talk shop!

Yes. I dabbled in it over 30 years ago as an 18 year old and we made paint stripper. I started again when I moved here and have been homebrewing for about 15 years now. 

I brew all grain in a Blichmann 20 gallon kettle and fast ferment 7.9 gallon conical. I bottle because I really don't like kegging.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, CFreddie said:

32 years now. Past president of my local club, my wife is on the board of the AHA and BA. I should hit batch 1000 later this year. Next batch up is for Cincinnati's Missing Linck festival. It's a competition where all of the beers are made with Missing Linck yeast, which is a yeast found in the long sealed lagering cellar (pre-prohibition era) of the Linck brewery. The competition is all about finding out what the yeast can do, so wild experimentation is encouraged. My wife just brewed a Helles that she's fermenting cold. I'm going to make a biere de garde that I'm fermenting hot (85°-90°). 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese