Sign in to follow this  
iNerd

New Guy From Michigan

Hello all you spies out there!

Long time lurker but finally making an account because I'm hoping to help others the way you all have helped me out over the years. I've always found the reviews on this site to be much better than the normal ones you'd find on sites like Amazon because of how thorough you guys are both with the employee reviews and the reviews from people on the forum itself. 

As the title says, I'm from Michigan where unfortunately the golf season is much shorter than I would like. Thankfully there are quite a few places that have opened up over the years that you can go hit balls at like simulators and domes. I got my first official golf membership to a local course this year in the Jackson area and have been enjoying being able to play almost every day, its really helped out my golf game thats for sure. I have been lowering my average every few weeks so far and am hoping to be a scratch golfer at some point before the season ends. 

My dad actually taught me how to golf when I was around 3 years old when we lived in Florida. He worked for a country club at the time as their head maintenance guy and so we got to play all the time and I always loved going out there. We moved up to Michigan and he got other work but I never stopped playing and to this day we play golf together once or twice a week. 

I haven't ever had golf "lessons" other than very small things my coach in high school wanted me to change but I am always trying to learn and better my game through practice, videos, and books that I have accrued over time. Most of my golf bag is bargain bin items or something I got a great deal on at the time and I'm hoping to get some brand new irons over the next year that are actually fit for me as standard typically doesn't work due to my height (6'3 with long arms). 

Thank you all for welcoming me and if you have any questions feel free to ask! 

• Like 3

welcome from the Hoosier state, enjoy the forums

Welcome aboard from a South Carolina Resident that spent the first 24 years of his life in Michigan. It's a great place to golf for a few months at least.

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Welcome from SC, I grew up and spent most of my like in SW Michigan, Berrien Count, and Cass county areas. Where are you located?

• Like 1

Welcome from SC, I grew up and spent most of my like in SW Michigan, Berrien Count, and Cass county areas. Where are you located?

Nice. I'm from the Jackson Area. 

Nice. I'm from the Jackson Area.

I'm a big fan of the Cascades course down there 👍

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Welcome to MGS!! Glad you found us, jump right in and join the great conversations.