TESTERS WANTED! ×

Preferred Putter Grips?

ZachSvec

Just curious as to what grips all of you rock on your putters as most of the guys i play with have some variation of the superstroke. Interested to see if you prefer something stock right off the rack or a variation of the superstroke (pistol, flatso, countercore, 1.0-5.0) or some of the Winn grip offerings. Especially curious to see if anyone has the flatcat grip that Justin Rose and some other tour pros have put into play recently. Let me know maybe what you prefer, what you like or what you don't like.

Ping g400 lst 10* w/Oban kiyoshi gold 65s

Titleist 915f 16.5* w/Aldia rogue max 75s

Cobra King UT 18* w/Kbs C-taper lite 110s

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ Accra 95s proto

Titleist sm6 50*,54*,58* w/Dynamic gold s200

Evnroll Er2 35in w/superstroke flatso 1.0

I've tried the Flatcat and just can't get used to it. I really like the Super Stroke Pistol Tour and Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Contour.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I don't like the ones with a super flat profile...

My fav for quite awhile now is the superstroke mid-slim 3.0. Big enough to help keep my wrists still, just flat enough up front to know which direction I'm going.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My fav for quite awhile now is the superstroke mid-slim 3.0. Big enough to help keep my wrists still, just flat enough up front to know which direction I'm going.

This is mine too

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Me too!

- Alan

I switched over to this one about a month ago. It's the Golf Pride SNSR Contour.

Until then I had been using a SS Flatso 1.5 for a number of years. I've really enjoyed this new grip. Great feel and comfort IMO.

grip.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Super stroke mid slim 2.0 for me. The Nike counter flex putter I'm trying out has a very similar sized grip. It's a great size for me. I don't think if I could ever go to a skinny grip.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

OH man!!! I see this coming around as me being the odd man out yet again. But you asked and I will tell the truth. I use the old standard Ping Man grip or the Old Royal Cord. Trust me I have experimented with them all and always come back to my basics

LOL this also ruffles feathers-- The Scotty prim and proper crowd do not like my rusty Santa Fe to begin with especially with a Ping Grip on it and it ain't a blacked out one either. And the prim and proper Ping crowd does not like the Ping grip on the Scotty. I do not care one iota just me being me.

In all seriousness one must choose what grip feels comfortable in their hands what ever brand type or size they need. The key to putting is relaxed tension free hands and the hands and grip on the putter is where it all begins 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I switched over to this one about a month ago. It's the Golf Pride SNSR Contour.

Until then I had been using a SS Flatso 1.5 for a number of years. I've really enjoyed this new grip. Great feel and comfort IMO.

attachicon.gifgrip.jpg

My buddy Bear who is as old school as we are has went to that grip on ALL of his putters and he really likes it. He wanted an old Bulls Eye the other week and I pulled one out of my stash and gave him. It has a beautiful original leather wrap grip on it. Told him I would shoot him if he pulled that one off. He putts the lights out with that Bullseye and says no way he is changing that one

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

OH man!!! I see this coming around as me being the odd man out yet again. But you asked and I will tell the truth. I use the old standard Ping Man grip or the Old Royal Cord. Trust me I have experimented with them all and always come back to my basics

LOL this also ruffles feathers-- The Scotty prim and proper crowd do not like my rusty Santa Fe to begin with especially with a Ping Grip on it and it ain't a blacked out one either. And the prim and proper Ping crowd does not like the Ping grip on the Scotty. I do not care one iota just me being me.

In all seriousness one must choose what grip feels comfortable in their hands what ever brand type or size they need. The key to putting is relaxed tension free hands and the hands and grip on the putter is where it all begins

That is why I tried the SNSR. It felt like the ol Ping grip but bigger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about this last night and considered starting this thread because I'm curious too.

I'm currently giving the FlatCat a try. At first, I thought I liked it, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I had the Ping PP60 on it before, but unfortunately I had to cut it off. I'm thinking about going back to a SuperStroke Flatso, either 2.0 or 3.0

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Didn't Tiger use the pingman on his Scotty for years? It seems like back in the day that's what he used.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I use the super stroke 3.0. it hasn't been a gave changer but it had helped me relax my grip, and since I have bigger hands it fits my hands better than a smaller stock grip

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Interesting to see a good variety i personally use the ss pistol 2.0, love how it's a little thicker for the top hand not really sure why I like it so much, just feels right.

Ping g400 lst 10* w/Oban kiyoshi gold 65s

Titleist 915f 16.5* w/Aldia rogue max 75s

Cobra King UT 18* w/Kbs C-taper lite 110s

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ Accra 95s proto

Titleist sm6 50*,54*,58* w/Dynamic gold s200

Evnroll Er2 35in w/superstroke flatso 1.0

Didn't Tiger use the pingman on his Scotty for years? It seems like back in the day that's what he used.

Yep you are 100% correct. The Ping Man grip used to be the only grip that came on Ping Putters> In my younger days I was a big Ping putter fan so I got used to the size and feel. I also like the size and feel of the old Royal Grip cord putter grip which they do not make any more. I bought about 20 of them on a close out deal a few years back. They are on most of my putters and I use air to put my grips on so it is no problem to pull one off and switch. Actually it is harder these days to find what I call an old school stock standard putter grip. Most golf shops do not sell them. I ended up getting 5 Ping man grips from Maltby. One of my buddies at a shop told me that standard old school putter grips do not sell well at retail any more. Seems like to me they manufacturers are trying to force you to use larger flatter grips. If my grips run out I still know how to build up and wrap a leather grip to my specs. And yes Tiger did use a Pingman grip for years on his Scotty. For purposes he blacked out the white Ping Man and logo. In fact they sell a blacked out version of the grip which is the same price. Originally he blacked it out with a Sharpie

G

Im using a superstroke slim 3.0. I tried it on a whim and it's not my favorite so I'm thinking of replacing it with the sensor putter grip.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Yep you are 100% correct. The Ping Man grip used to be the only grip that came on Ping Putters> In my younger days I was a big Ping putter fan so I got used to the size and feel. I also like the size and feel of the old Royal Grip cord putter grip which they do not make any more. I bought about 20 of them on a close out deal a few years back. They are on most of my putters and I use air to put my grips on so it is no problem to pull one off and switch. Actually it is harder these days to find what I call an old school stock standard putter grip. Most golf shops do not sell them. I ended up getting 5 Ping man grips from Maltby. One of my buddies at a shop told me that standard old school putter grips do not sell well at retail any more. Seems like to me they manufacturers are trying to force you to use larger flatter grips. If my grips run out I still know how to build up and wrap a leather grip to my specs. And yes Tiger did use a Pingman grip for years on his Scotty. For purposes he blacked out the white Ping Man and logo. In fact they sell a blacked out version of the grip which is the same price. Originally he blacked it out with a Sharpie

I thought I remembered that correctly. I could never get used to the smooth pingman grip.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Flatso 1.0 on my Yes Callie Forged putter, new Ping PP60 on my Evnroll ER1 with an 80 gram counterweight. Ping PP60 is made by SS, just slightly bigger than the Flatso 1.0

I use about a 7-8 years old Winn midsize, I just like the feel.. I clean it with Westley's Bleche Wite.. and away we go.. 

Unfortunately I'm beyond do for a new grip.. SO the quest begins.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Love my Super Stoke Mid Slim 3.0,  here's mine.

SS Skull 3.0.jpg

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I've stayed loyal to the Baby T grips, but can't stand paying for replacements, as they are typically twice as expensive as anything else out there.  Just can't shake the performance for me though.

Titleist 915D2 - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 915f - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 913h - Diamina D+ WB 80s

Mizuno MP-62 - S300

Titleist SM5 - 54/8 58/12

SC Laguna 1.5

I went through 5 or 6 putter grips last year before I settled on the flatso 1.0. I really felt like this grip met all my expectations. It was comfortable to hold and easy to get on line. The guys at SuperStroke really know how to make a sharp look grip too and we all know that matters.

A close second was the Iline by Lamkin. I really liked the feel of the grip (soft and quite tacky) on the Lamkin but I didn't like the overall size of the grip. It felt smaller than what I was looking for. I putt left hand low and use midsize grips on the rest of my clubs so that may of made a difference.

I have P2 grip on my flat stix.

Although thinking of the SNSR red next

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Flatso 2.0 for me. Had the Ping PP60, and it was great as well. I had to cut it off to try the FlatCat though, unfortunately. So I went with the 2.0, as it's probably the closest. I'm currently looking for something to add to my Cleveland 2135 as soon as I get the new shaft on. Considering trying a Pistol GTR, maybe the black and red one.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I like the round grip Edel put on my putter. David Edel said that going round, taking all edges off the grip, is the best way to go to eliminate problems caused by just grabbing the club.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm kinda old school, prefer leather grips. Have a number of Best & Stitchback grips and love them.

Have a Tad Moore putter with a Kangaroo stitch back. One of my favorites.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list