TESTERS WANTED! ×

Preferred Putter Grips?

ZachSvec

Superstroke 3.0. I also have a Puregrip big dog on a different putter-also big but much heavier than the superstrokes so a very different feel.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried a ton. Most recently I was using a Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 but I just picked up a SeeMore FGP putter and put a Flat Cat Standard on it. Loving it so far but we will see how it works out.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I've used several over the years and have recently grown to like the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour. I have holed a lot more putts since equipping it.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Right now i have the stock mid-size SC Matador grip, but I'm looking for something a little bigger. 

Does anyone know how the Large/XL SC Matador compares to the Superstroke Grips? I'm probably looking at Flatso 1.0, 2.0, or Mid-Slim.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

I used to have the Pingman on my ProPlatinum, but was given a Cameron and Titliest logoed out black grip, smooth and the same size as the Pingman, 10 years ago and it's still on it today. Using a Bettinardi BB8 the last 4 years, I tried the Slim 2.0 on and it had no feel, so tried the 1.0 for a year and finally gave up that effort recently. Currently using the Winn Bettinardi AVS Queen Bee and am happy to be back in a pistol style grip.

A friend of mine tried the Flat Cat and just couldn't adjust to it.

Superstroke flatso 2.0 seems to fit perfect for me. I could prolly go to the 3.0 and be good

I prefer the flatso model compared to the rest as I put both index fingers down the grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 3.0 before I went to the 2.0 and I enjoyed it. I actually still have it installed on a shaft, I'm just trying to find a putter head to attach to it.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Odyssey-White-Ice-2-Ball-F7-putter-grip.

And yes, I have an Odyssey grip on my Cameron  :D

They do not have a thumbs up icon or I would have given you one on that! LOL play what works who cares if it ruffles feathers? Right up my alley!! :D

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I had a 3.0 before I went to the 2.0 and I enjoyed it. I actually still have it installed on a shaft, I'm just trying to find a putter head to attach to it.

I also had a flatso 1.0 that was ok but results weren't the same as the 2.0

I did put a fatso 5.0 on my dads putter. He's a high handicap and constantly would break his wrists. He putts much better now.

I think the superstroke grips are just the cats meow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased an Odyssey tank 2 ball fang with a Superstroke grip. I love it as it is large enough to take my hands and wrists out of the stroke but gives a great feel while I'm putting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just picked up this midsize pistol and I love it!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a Super Stroke stalwart. Started in on them after I saw KJ win his Players with one and got a Fatso that summer. Putting improved but distance control was an issue after a while. Then I went down to Flatso 3.0, won a club championship, but then made a slight change in hand position to try and get left hand to feel like it was leading the putter head to minimize rotation (if that makes sense). Last year I went to the SS2, but I put it on as a diamond to get the opposite palms feeling I was searching for. I never really got along with it, just a touch too small.

Then I saw Flat Cat, got exactly what they were trying to do and threw on a Flat Cat Fat immediately. Perfect size and that opposite palms feel I wanted. I'm putting really well with it and highly recommend the grip to anyone trying to keep that face and hand as one constant line. I'd love to try the Flat Cat Solution, but dropping $50 on a grip that I'm not sure I need because of it's counterbalancing benefits isn't something I plan on doing anytime soon.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0 for me

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Love the SNSR grips

IMAG0866-01.jpeg

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I'm super picky about my grips and have tried so many things. I went away from the really thin grips which was tough because I like the feel of the leather grips. I just get too wristy with thin grips. Tried the large varieties and they just don't feel right. Finally settled on being very comfortable with either a SuperStroke Pistol GTR or a Scotty Matador Mid.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the round grip Edel put on my putter. David Edel said that going round, taking all edges off the grip, is the best way to go to eliminate problems caused by just grabbing the club.

I had that for the first 3 months or so on my Edel and while it felt great, and was really comfortable, I had issues with getting my hands in the exact same position every time. The angles of a conventional grip make it easier to set the grip in the same place so it's not slightly open or closed, plus the lettering and the designs allow you to grip in the same place up and down the grip.

I had to switch to a superstroke.

Anyone tried a cork grip? I feel like you'd get good feedback from them and quite fancy trying. Wondering if it would improve my distance control.

Happened to grab a Ping putter at Edwin Watts today and LOVED this grip!!! I ordered one for my putter and will have Edel add 33 grams of counter weight to keep my putter as it currently plays.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm using a Winn ProX 1.32 right now, and loving it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

My putting improved 10 fold after I put a superstroke ultra slim 1.0 grip. Will not put with any other grip

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

• 3 months later...

Just saw this on Instagram. Gives the reason why Edel uses round grips on their putters. Curious as to why there aren't any aftermarket round putter grips??? Completely round.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I guess you can call me a purist or boring when it comes to a putter grip or any golf grip for that matter. My goto putter grips are leather pistol grips from bestgrips.com, they come in a wide variety of leathers and colors but the best part is they are solid colors, not these visual diarrhea two and three colors distractions that come with most OEM putters which also include most everything from super stroke (great technology though) to me a complete mess to look, sorry Just my opinion.

Can't seem to get away from a SuperStroke Flatso 2.0. Had the Ping PP60, I believe it was, on my Sigma G before I replaced it and I liked those as well.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I have went through a couple putters since my last post on this topic. Got fit with an Edel and tried the round grip for a while but wasn't huge on it. Didn't putt bad with it but had trouble getting comfortable with it. I have a Garsen MAX on it now and I love it. Works great standard or with a claw grip. I had a Tour Sensr red 104cc on an Evnroll putter and it felt fantastic. Just didn't line up the putter right but that was my eyes.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

For many years I've played with normal size grips of all makes and have really liked the leather stitchback grip. A month or so I picked up a putter with a Superstroke 2.0 grip. I think I'm in love. Now I want to look at the Flat Cat grips.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just saw this on Instagram. Gives the reason why Edel uses round grips on their putters. Curious as to why there aren't any aftermarket round putter grips??? Completely round.

attachicon.gifIMG_4175.PNG

I feel like MGS did a study on this a year or so ago. I don't remember exactly what the results were but it seems as if the round grip was the poorest performer

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker