Preffered Putter Grips?

Our Sponsors

Flatso 1.0 on my Yes Callie Forged putter, new Ping PP60 on my Evnroll ER1 with an 80 gram counterweight. Ping PP60 is made by SS, just slightly bigger than the Flatso 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OH man!!! I see this coming around as me being the odd man out yet again. But you asked and I will tell the truth. I use the old standard Ping Man grip or the Old Royal Cord. Trust me I have experimen

I switched over to this one about a month ago. It's the Golf Pride SNSR Contour. Until then I had been using a SS Flatso 1.5 for a number of years. I've really enjoyed this new grip. Great feel and c

I don't like the ones with a super flat profile...   My fav for quite awhile now is the superstroke mid-slim 3.0. Big enough to help keep my wrists still, just flat enough up front to know which

Posted Images

I use about a 7-8 years old Winn midsize, I just like the feel.. I clean it with Westley's Bleche Wite.. and away we go.. 

Unfortunately I'm beyond do for a new grip.. SO the quest begins.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Love my Super Stoke Mid Slim 3.0,  here's mine.

SS Skull 3.0.jpg

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I've stayed loyal to the Baby T grips, but can't stand paying for replacements, as they are typically twice as expensive as anything else out there.  Just can't shake the performance for me though.

Titleist 915D2 - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 915f - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 913h - Diamina D+ WB 80s

Mizuno MP-62 - S300

Titleist SM5 - 54/8 58/12

SC Laguna 1.5

I went through 5 or 6 putter grips last year before I settled on the flatso 1.0. I really felt like this grip met all my expectations. It was comfortable to hold and easy to get on line. The guys at SuperStroke really know how to make a sharp look grip too and we all know that matters.

A close second was the Iline by Lamkin. I really liked the feel of the grip (soft and quite tacky) on the Lamkin but I didn't like the overall size of the grip. It felt smaller than what I was looking for. I putt left hand low and use midsize grips on the rest of my clubs so that may of made a difference.

I have P2 grip on my flat stix.

Although thinking of the SNSR red next

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Flatso 2.0 for me. Had the Ping PP60, and it was great as well. I had to cut it off to try the FlatCat though, unfortunately. So I went with the 2.0, as it's probably the closest. I'm currently looking for something to add to my Cleveland 2135 as soon as I get the new shaft on. Considering trying a Pistol GTR, maybe the black and red one.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I like the round grip Edel put on my putter. David Edel said that going round, taking all edges off the grip, is the best way to go to eliminate problems caused by just grabbing the club.

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

I'm kinda old school, prefer leather grips. Have a number of Best & Stitchback grips and love them.

Have a Tad Moore putter with a Kangaroo stitch back. One of my favorites.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Superstroke 3.0. I also have a Puregrip big dog on a different putter-also big but much heavier than the superstrokes so a very different feel.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried a ton. Most recently I was using a Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 but I just picked up a SeeMore FGP putter and put a Flat Cat Standard on it. Loving it so far but we will see how it works out.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I've used several over the years and have recently grown to like the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour. I have holed a lot more putts since equipping it.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Right now i have the stock mid-size SC Matador grip, but I'm looking for something a little bigger. 

Does anyone know how the Large/XL SC Matador compares to the Superstroke Grips? I'm probably looking at Flatso 1.0, 2.0, or Mid-Slim.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

I used to have the Pingman on my ProPlatinum, but was given a Cameron and Titliest logoed out black grip, smooth and the same size as the Pingman, 10 years ago and it's still on it today. Using a Bettinardi BB8 the last 4 years, I tried the Slim 2.0 on and it had no feel, so tried the 1.0 for a year and finally gave up that effort recently. Currently using the Winn Bettinardi AVS Queen Bee and am happy to be back in a pistol style grip.

A friend of mine tried the Flat Cat and just couldn't adjust to it.

Superstroke flatso 2.0 seems to fit perfect for me. I could prolly go to the 3.0 and be good

I prefer the flatso model compared to the rest as I put both index fingers down the grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Superstroke flatso 2.0 seems to fit perfect for me. I could prolly go to the 3.0 and be good

I prefer the flatso model compared to the rest as I put both index fingers down the grip

I had a 3.0 before I went to the 2.0 and I enjoyed it. I actually still have it installed on a shaft, I'm just trying to find a putter head to attach to it.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Odyssey-White-Ice-2-Ball-F7-putter-grip.

And yes, I have an Odyssey grip on my Cameron  :D

They do not have a thumbs up icon or I would have given you one on that! LOL play what works who cares if it ruffles feathers? Right up my alley!! :D

• Like 1

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I had a 3.0 before I went to the 2.0 and I enjoyed it. I actually still have it installed on a shaft, I'm just trying to find a putter head to attach to it.

I also had a flatso 1.0 that was ok but results weren't the same as the 2.0

I did put a fatso 5.0 on my dads putter. He's a high handicap and constantly would break his wrists. He putts much better now.

I think the superstroke grips are just the cats meow

• Like 2

I just purchased an Odyssey tank 2 ball fang with a Superstroke grip. I love it as it is large enough to take my hands and wrists out of the stroke but gives a great feel while I'm putting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy