ZachSvec

Preffered Putter Grips?

Our Sponsors

My BB34 wears a Bettinardi monogrammed cork grip by Salty Grips. It's a little oversized and fits my hand great. I'm not sure how great cork grips really are when it comes to performance, but it looks sexy. attachicon.gif201806221620615423445754981.jpegattachicon.gif20180622_130947.jpegattachicon.gif201806229003221393797712301.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Crazy cool.  I've never seen a grip like that.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I have 3 putters and 3 BestGrips Leather Putter Grips. Absolutely love them for the same reason most people love leather steering wheels. They simply feel good in your hands. They also have a seam in the back so you know exactly where your putter face is pointed. Provided you grip the putter in the same way.

putter grips.jpg

Left: Black MicroPerf on a Scotty Coronado also black. 4 years old grip.

Middle: Tan Major Leaguer on a Newport 1.4 GSS. at least 5 years old and showing its age. Finally.

Right: Brown Rancher Leather on an modified Big Sur Oil Can. Just a couple years old.

PutterGrips.jpg

I'm about to order a new putter, and I can promise you that I will have a new leather putter grip on it shortly. Makes me sorta mad that Scotty finally puts on a better grip. These are about $35 each but last a long time. The Major Leaguer is baseball leather, and is probably my favorite. The tan color is showing dirt but then again, it is old. It still feels great. Oddly enough what is wearing out on it most is the rubber on the end from many miles of bouncing in the putter well.

• Like 1

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

I've been wanting to get an oversized grip for a while now, just went to Dicks and had them install a 5.0 Fatso...after an evening at the practice green I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to seeing how it plays my next round. My only concern is fitting it in my bag 🤔😂

a. Iron specs - dynamic gold X100, standard length, 2 degrees upright

b. Driver specs - stiff flex, 8.5 Degree TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad

c. Dexterity (right-handed)

d. Chicago, IL

e. 15 Handicap

I currently use the round Edel Design Round Putter Grip.  It's a little different, but after using it, I won't go back to the older putter styles.  I have owned the Superstroke 5.0 and 3.0.  I also had a weighted one put on my putters.  I'm not sure if you can tell, but I was looking to find some immediate fix to my putting game.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G30 LST, 10.5 *. Tour 80 X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Grip

FW Wood:  :ping-small: G30 3, 15*, Tour 80 X-Stiff; 5 extended,Golf Pride MCC Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: M4 4 iron 19*, C-Taper 120 X-stiff 

:taylormade-small: PSI 4-PW C-Taper 120 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  37 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

Does anyone mess with adding/subtracting weight when changing grips to keep the swing weight the same? I struggle trying new grips because the different weight takes me so long to get used to.

• Like 1

I love the SS Slim 3.0

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9.0*    3-Wd: Taylormade M1-3HL    Hybrid: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 - 18*    Irons: Callaway Apex CF-19 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 50, 56, 58    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider    Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

Pingman corded. I've messed with a bunch of others but kept coming back to this one. Slightly bigger than the pistol Scotty grips but not as big or squishy as SS, and the cord helps my sweaty hands feel secure with the putting stroke. And it's like $6!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I have tried fatsos, flatsos and just about every kind of grip that you can put on a flat stick...finally settled on a stock pistol grip.  I can't say that any of them were better or worse, but the pistol just seems to feel better in my hands.

Ping G400 Driver with a 47 3/4 stiff flex shaft.

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot metal irons, Project X 90 shafts. 4-LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both line and distance control.

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both line and distance control.

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

I have the following:

Evnroll weighted grip

Golf Pride SNSR

Winn

Pure

Super Stroke 2.0

Of these, I like the Pure putter grip the best.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Love the feel is the SS 2.0. The counterweight feature built in is an added bonus. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

I switched to an oversize putter grip for a couple of years. It was massive and had some reasonable success but ended up going back to a Winn Excel Medalist Midsize grip in 2019 and haven't looked back since!

:cobra:  Bio Cell (set to 10.5 deg), Project X, Stiff.
:cobra:  Baffler Rail F 15.5deg -  Fujikura Motore 60g Stiff

:cobra:  3/H Baffler Rail H 19 deg -  Fujikura Motore 65g Stiff

:taylormade: : 4i - 9i: Tour Preferred CB - Project X 95 6.0

:titleist: 48deg - (not sure what S it is, it's so old!!)

:taylormade: 52deg - Tour Preferred

:titleist: 54deg - SM6 (F grind)

:titleist: 60deg - SM6 (K grind)

:odyssey: White Ice - 2ball

I have switched to P2 grips, have them on all my putters now.

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver

:taylormade-small: M2 3 wood

Titleist 915 hybrid 

Titleist TMB 4-5

Titleist AP2 irons 6 - PW

:cleveland-small: 52 / 58/ 60 W

Scotty Cameron x5/ TaylorMade spider tour/Ping Answer 2 

I've tried EVERY grip in the store at PGATourSuperstore and Roger Dunn. Plus my local shops (Pro Golf Discount and Peutz in the Seattle area).

For me and my hands, the best is a Scotty Cameron Medium Matador.

Has anyone used any of the Garsen putter grips. Just ordered one after reading about it and was curious if anyone on here has tried it. If so would love to hear your comments

Has anyone used any of the Garsen putter grips. Just ordered one after reading about it and was curious if anyone on here has tried it. If so would love to hear your comments

Which one? They have a few different styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I tried the original. Didn’t have any issues with it and liked how it worked and what it did for my grip. Never tried the larger sizes

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Posted (edited)

I have a SuperStroke 3.0 on my new putter and Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Pistol Lite on my old putter (before I decided to buy something else).

The SS feels a little odd, I think I prefer the Winn and will probably regrip my new putter to that once the plague passes on. I find that the putter head moves a lot with the SS, on center hits, and it might be due to the grip being so big I am not able to apply enough grip pressure while avoiding tension in my wrists. More practice is needed and my putting matt is only 10 feet long so I need to practice some longer putts to be sure, but I can only imagine the problem will exacerbate with a longer and firmer stroke.

Edited by OsoBear
Typo

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

On 8/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, nmpete11 said:

Does anyone mess with adding/subtracting weight when changing grips to keep the swing weight the same? I struggle trying new grips because the different weight takes me so long to get used to.

Yes, this is really important imo. I made sure to shell out extra dough to have my putter swingweights match since I really got a new putter. I always cut down my shafts to 30 inches so the swing weight is very different with the shorter shaft, since putters are generally 33-35 inches in length, unless lead tape or tungsten powder is used. I prefer lead tape under the grip for adjusting the swing weight and I absolutely hate lead tape anywhere on the putter head.

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X