Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I will never buy another TM product

I will never buy another TaylorMade product. I am a 4 handicap, I know what I'm doing. I have an M1 driver that I made an idiot mark on about 6 months ago. (you pop one up and leave a paint chip on the crown) About 2 months ago I noticed a crack in the top of the clubhead, sent it in via a clubfitter. TM is refusing to replace saying the idiot mark caused the crack, which is laughable at best. A ball skimming the top of the clubhead caused a crack? Please.  this type of "customer service" needs to be called out.

donor-1-year.gif

What's in the bag:

Driver - Rogue

Woods - Titleist 917F 16.5 degree

Hybrid - Titleist 915H

Irons - Ping i200

Wedges - 56 Vokey, 60 PXG

Putter - EVNRoll ER9  10K

Ball - Snell My Tour Ball

If I remember correctly from what I have read TM had some fitting issues and cracking issues with that head right where it joined at the crown to the face part. Sounds like you may have gotten some of the left over warranty people from when TM bought Adams. Our shop was an Adams dealer and we had several warranty issues and other issues with Adams. We ended up dropping their line because of those issues.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I will never buy another TaylorMade product. I am a 4 handicap, I know what I'm doing. I have an M1 driver that I made an idiot mark on about 6 months ago. (you pop one up and leave a paint chip on the crown) About 2 months ago I noticed a crack in the top of the clubhead, sent it in via a clubfitter. TM is refusing to replace saying the idiot mark caused the crack, which is laughable at best. A ball skimming the top of the clubhead caused a crack? Please. this type of "customer service" needs to be called out.

Did you go to where you bought it? I have an M2 and haven't run across this problem but I've read about some people doing it and just going to where they bought it and getting it replaced same day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

That's not great from Taylormade, they know sky shots happen, they should cover that.

In fairness to TM, I lost a 2016 M2 to a crack in the titanium behind the hosel, TM replaced immediately?!

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!

Even if it's a sky mark, how is that not covered under their warranty?  It's not like the club was misused, slammed into the ground or anything like that.  

Did you get this response from TM firsthand or the dealer that sold the club?  I would go to TM directly and address on Twitter if necessary.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

The 'M' Family of Metalwoods has had problems with paint cracking, ridge forming, and even crown and face cracking. This is likely due to the attempted marriage of 2-different materials on these heads.

TM irons with 'face slots' are also prone to failure due to the elastomer material in the slots loosening and falling out, which can then lead to clubhface collapse.

While the TM warranty will cover such issues, these problems seem to occur much too frequently.  Perhaps a design defect may be to blame for the irons with 'face slots', with the M-Family Metalwoods it may just be just poor manufacturing and quality control

Regardless of the actual cause, once the 2-year warranty has passed, you are 'on your own' with these problems, and likely SOL should one of these issues arise. 

Best to avoid products with 'known issues' like these.  Why risk it?

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

... Strange. I have only had the best customer service experience with TaylorMade. I had the weight screw break off in the head on my R11 and Taylor Made replaced it with a R11S head. I had the TP Kai'li in my R11 and they said just keep your shaft and the stock shaft that came in the R11S. So far above and beyond what I was expecting. Then the same thing happened with my SLDR. Weight screw for the shaft broke off in the head and they replaced the SLDR at PGA Superstore and TM sent them a new one to replace their stock. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Sorry to hear that. I would try again. You will probably have better luck with a different customer service rep. Kind of like customer service at any company, not just golf, it all depends on what person you happen to get when you call in.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

That is so unfortunate, they really refused to cover that? If it is something that happens within "normal use" it should be honored.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I am surprised that they refused it... Maybe just a CS rep that was having a bad day. I would try again like others had said. I have had nothing but great service from TM

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

TM Warranty:

"With respect to golf clubs, TaylorMade warrants, to the original consumer only, that its golf clubs will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during normal and customary use for 2 years from the original date of purchase from an authorized retailer provided (1) the consumer presents proof of purchase in the form of an original cash register receipt from the authorized retailer from whom the consumer purchased the product and (2) the golf club has not been abused, altered, defaced, or misused, or otherwise damaged through the act or neglect of the consumer or a third party."

I guess they consider a sky mark misuse/damaged...

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

The golf ball is meant to be hit with the face of the club, not the crown. Normal and customary use means you hit the ball with the face of the club. Carbon fiber isn't impact resistant, it's not made to hit a golf ball with. You'd likely be able to get a result you're more favorable of going through a rep from the local green grass shop than you sending it in. I sent mine through the PGA TSS when it cracked from normal use and no sky marks. They replaced the 2016 m1 with a 2017 and did it pretty quickly (pga TSS messed up by putting my replacement on the shelf and then having to order me another one, but TM did their job quick).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The golf ball is meant to be hit with the face of the club, not the crown. Normal and customary use means you hit the ball with the face of the club. Carbon fiber isn't impact resistant, it's not made to hit a golf ball with. You'd likely be able to get a result you're more favorable of going through a rep from the local green grass shop than you sending it in. I sent mine through the PGA TSS when it cracked from normal use and no sky marks. They replaced the 2016 m1 with a 2017 and did it pretty quickly (pga TSS messed up by putting my replacement on the shelf and then having to order me another one, but TM did their job quick).

Completely agree here.

Go through the vendor you purchased from, if you have that option.  I had a similar event with a cracked shaft.  The vendor was able to get it squared away in the same week.

:cobra-small: LTD 9° Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 XS
:callaway-small: XR 3 Wood
:mizuno-small: MP-18 SC PW-3
:callaway-small: MD3 50°
:mizuno-small: T7 56°, 60°

:Snell: MTB-X

:Arccos: 

Archived