Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

BREAKING NEWS! TW arrested for DWI

Peterpc2828

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all he needs now.

I am sure he will get it down, with a good lawyer.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Not good.

wptv-tiger-wood-mugshot_1496072316915_60340617_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hopefully it's not an indication of a larger problem and was just a blip on the radar

I guarantee that almost anyone who drinks could be pulled over for a dui at some point.

But it being Tiger, I'm sure this will elicit some great hot takes

Hopefully it's not an indication of a larger problem and was just a blip on the radar

I guarantee that almost anyone who drinks could be pulled over for a dui at some point.

Yep GolfChannel and Golf.Com both have the mug shot posted on IG and over 300 replies between the two sites.  I'm not even going to read them as you indicated, I'm sure 90% of them will be generic hate postings about Tiger.   

Never a good thing to drink and drive, and as you said, there are many of us who could or may have been in the same situation after a few or several drinks in years past, I know I might have, but fortunately I got wiser and have made better choices the older I got. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Theres no excuse for this - I can understand the "its your body do what you want with it" argument.  But Driving under the influence is putting others lifes at risk.

Not cool.

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!

Bit of a disappointment and reckless. all that recent PR work down the drain

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I am sorry but I have to defend Tiger Woods here a bit. I can take this viewpoint because I have been sober for just over 5 years and regularly used to drink and drive. When someone has certain characteristics of thinking they are untouchable in a way it is easy to just get in the car. Please understand that most people have gotten in the car and drove after consuming alcohol (if you've never drank or always had your spouse with you then I guess good for you).

Judge lest ye be judged. I would have probably completely spiraled at this point if I had to live through the challenges he has publicly the last several years. The fact that this is on the news is only because he has been a public figure, it is really unfair that it became public because he is just a regular man struggling with some personal issues right now.

I can understand people would say it endangers others or he should have had someone drive for him. But we weren't there and weren't in that situation. Please give him some Grace. It is not our place to judge but to pray that he gets help to get back on track permanently.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Yeah I read a small article that said this would tarnish his rep. Come on. I know it's only cuz he's a celeb, but it's just a dui. I know it's a bad thing, but it's a way more common thing than people will admit. For every one that gets pulled over there are probably 10 who don't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah I read a small article that said this would tarnish his rep. Come on. I know it's only cuz he's a celeb, but it's just a dui. I know it's a bad thing, but it's a way more common thing than people will admit. For every one that gets pulled over there are probably 10 who don't.

His reputation is already completely destroyed. This is only going to make it worse. And to top off being arrested, that mug shot is terrible!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I am sorry but I have to defend Tiger Woods here a bit. I can take this viewpoint because I have been sober for just over 5 years and regularly used to drink and drive. When someone has certain characteristics of thinking they are untouchable in a way it is easy to just get in the car. Please understand that most people have gotten in the car and drove after consuming alcohol (if you've never drank or always had your spouse with you then I guess good for you).

Judge lest ye be judged. I would have probably completely spiraled at this point if I had to live through the challenges he has publicly the last several years. The fact that this is on the news is only because he has been a public figure, it is really unfair that it became public because he is just a regular man struggling with some personal issues right now.

I can understand people would say it endangers others or he should have had someone drive for him. But we weren't there and weren't in that situation. Please give him some Grace. It is not our place to judge but to pray that he gets help to get back on track permanently.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Unfortunately, burkmi08242012, you lose all credibility, since you used to regularly drink and drive. What Tiger did was illegal, and there is no excuse for that.

Tiger wanted to be in the spotlight, and he made it there. He should know that being in the spotlight requires you to use good judgment, make good decisions, and ultimately set a good example, because people are always going to be watching your actions. If he didn't want this incident to be in the news, the he should have thought before making the decision to drive under the influence. Tiger has not been a very good role model over the past several years...

His reputation is already completely destroyed. This is only going to make it worse. And to top off being arrested, that mug shot is terrible!

True, but my point is, if anyone here, all good people, told us they got a dui. It would ruin there rep like it does someone like Tiger.

I could be pulled over after every league night. Anyone that even has a beer or two with a meal at a restaurant could get a DUI. I'm certainly not an advocate of drunk driving, but the circumstances that one could be arrested for are a little ridiculous at times.

I could be pulled over after every league night. Anyone that even has a beer or two with a meal at a restaurant could get a DUI. I'm certainly not an advocate of drunk driving, but the circumstances that one could be arrested for are a little ridiculous at times.

Do we know how serious the DUI was? I didn't see anything in the article I read...

Do we know how serious the DUI was? I didn't see anything in the article I read...

stop being a "goody""golden boy".Everyone makes a mistake.This is just a flicker compared to what happens to NFL players.And don't say "well, golf is a gentlemans sport nonsense either ".Its a mistake, it happens.This where social media stinks

Keep it in the short stuff

From what I have read, he was arrested for refusing to take a breathalyzer, which is an immediate DUI arrest in the state of Florida. Nonetheless, he was still under the influence of alcohol.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

From what I have read, he was arrested for refusing to take a breathalyzer, which is an immediate DUI arrest in the state of Florida. Nonetheless, he was still under the influence of alcohol.

Really? It would have been much better for him to just take the breathalyzer and move on...

Really? It would have been much better for him to just take the breathalyzer and move on...

Yeah. Apparently he was being arrogant with the officers as well.

All that, ie. what everyone said, but c'mon - the guy can't afford a driver, or an Uber or a taxi?????? Or use a Bridgestone courtesy car or a TM company car or a TW Foundation limo or __??????

Possibly what others are in part saying, is it's another big disappointment he has not learned from past mistakes.

On top of that, even if not convicted he may have put himself at risk for losing his visitation rights with his kids........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I guess you could say Tiger is BAC.

All jokes aside, it's a terrible thing. You hate to see someone with so many accomplishments, have something like that on their record. Especially since it would have been so easy to avoid.

Do we know if he was cited for drinking as opposed to being under the influence of whatever meds he was on?

This may sound incredulous to some, but this has no impact on how I view Tiger. Everyone has their issues. Ask DJ and countless others about theirs.

I don't see this as another notch to support he's on a downward spiral. Whatever he was suspected of being under the influence, he made a bad choice to drive and yeah that's not ideal. But it's not enough for me to get on the self righteous train and start preaching.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

... Tiger is not a role model and as much as Earl wished he was, it was never going to happen. I am of the opinion that being the very best in the world at anything takes a single minded ruthlessness that makes normal social behavior just about impossible. The determination to be the best, stepping on the throats of those you wound without mercy and especially early, eschewing the normal social interactions most of us have to beat balls, practice every aspect of the game, analyze film of your self and others and win at all costs virtually 24/7 leaves little room to be a socially functioning human being. 

... And of course only those that have never drink and drive OR text behind the wheel OR taken any prescription/recreational drug and steered an automobile has the right to throw stones. I am guessing that leaves everyone here out. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

First of all, I'm not a Tiger fan. Never have been and I'm not really sure why. I suppose I was afraid he was going to break my hero's (Nicklaus) record. The thing is all of us are guilty of doing things that are not proper.  Hell I've done things Tiger would blush at. I'm a Vietnam Vet who has seen and done things most of you could never ever imagine. I'm probably not done with doing things that perfect people never do.  With that said, I'd say get off Tiger's back and not because he will learn from this. He may get worse before he get's better. I'm saying let the man fight his own demons because I'm betting the farm nobody on here is perfect. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

If he refused a breath test he was drinking no doubt about that. I am not going to get on my high horse because there have been too many times that I should not have driven and have. Maybe now that I am a bit older I realize it is not worth it an Uber is my friend. If I can afford it then pretty sure he can.

Also is it too late for the headline "Another Wayward Drive Costs Tiger?"

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

stop being a "goody""golden boy".Everyone makes a mistake.This is just a flicker compared to what happens to NFL players.And don't say "well, golf is a gentlemans sport nonsense either ".Its a mistake, it happens.This where social media stinks

Ok... I've read enough. So I'm coming clean. I posted Tigers mug as you've seen.

I had a near DUI or as they are called in Texas a DWI. Way back in my early 30's (62 now) I was visiting a lady friend for 15 minutes late one evening. I had been drinking beer and had another one while at my visit. At about 1am I left to go home. Little did I know that I had a tail light out and a cop pulled me over. Reeking of beer I'm sure he decided to haul me in. A few hours later I was released (with some bail probably) like Tiger. I too refused the breathalyzer. The police tried to persuade me to take it; threatening loss of license, but I insisted I wasn't drunk. And I really wasn't in the way we usually think about it. My lawyer later said that was a good move on my part.

The next day I called a attorney I knew and he took it from there. I never set foot in court and did not have a DWI (driving while intoxicated) on my record when all said and done. In fact it was like it never took place. Sadly, I was $2000 lighter in the wallet. Every since that day I have toed the line pretty well and been very cautious about drinking (any amount) and driving. These days I actually drink very little alcohol of any kind. And when I do it's mostly at home. But there are exceptions occasionally. Be careful out there.

We don't really know the complete story on Tiger so I'm withholding judgement as I'm a past offender.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Do we know if he was cited for drinking as opposed to being under the influence of whatever meds he was on?

This may sound incredulous to some, but this has no impact on how I view Tiger. Everyone has their issues. Ask DJ and countless others about theirs.

I don't see this as another notch to support he's on a downward spiral. Whatever he was suspected of being under the influence, he made a bad choice to drive and yeah that's not ideal. But it's not enough for me to get on the self righteous train and start preaching.

I thought I read somewhere else about meds, but I'm not sure how true it was. I do know the reports said the officers said they smelled alcohol on his breath.

I'm certainly no moralist but in today's society with Uber, car services, etc, a DUI is unquestionably stupid.

There is never an excuse for drinking and driving......ever!

Ok... I've read enough. So I'm coming clean. I posted Tigers mug as you've seen.

I had a near DUI or as they are called in Texas a DWI. Way back in my early 30's (62 now) I was visiting a lady friend for 15 minutes late one evening. I had been drinking beer and had another one while at my visit. At about 1am I left to go home. Little did I know that I had a tail light out and a cop pulled me over. Reeking of beer I'm sure he decided to haul me in. A few hours later I was released (with some bail probably) like Tiger. I too refused the breathalyzer. The police tried to persuade me to take it; threatening loss of license, but I insisted I wasn't drunk. And I really wasn't in the way we usually think about it. My lawyer later said that was a good move on my part.

The next day I called a attorney I knew and he took it from there. I never set foot in court and did not have a DWI (driving while intoxicated) on my record when all said and done. In fact it was like it never took place. Sadly, I was $2000 lighter in the wallet. Every since that day I have toed the line pretty well and been very cautious about drinking (any amount) and driving. These days I actually drink very little alcohol of any kind. And when I do it's mostly at home. But there are exceptions occasionally. Be careful out there.

We don't really know the complete story on Tiger so I'm withholding judgement as I'm a past offender.

I applaud your post.Im actually very involved in our church group that helps ex offenders (of any charge violent to non) get back into society.We hold extensive meetings and support groups on a monthly basis.Trying to do all we can to turn their lives around.Success stories happen in our group and it all depends on the individual as well.Everyone is quick to point a finger - or turn a cold shoulder at them.Some of these guys or gals (once given a chance) excel extremely far in society.And actually use their mishaps as a positive stepping stone.Im hoping this is the case for Tiger.Maybe he can rebound from this and become an ambassador with youths and golf again.Not necessarily winning on the course, but more winning off of it.

Keep it in the short stuff

Here is Tiger's official statement

Archived