Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

BREAKING NEWS! TW arrested for DWI

Peterpc2828

Unfortunately, burkmi08242012, you lose all credibility, since you used to regularly drink and drive. What Tiger did was illegal, and there is no excuse for that.

Tiger wanted to be in the spotlight, and he made it there. He should know that being in the spotlight requires you to use good judgment, make good decisions, and ultimately set a good example, because people are always going to be watching your actions. If he didn't want this incident to be in the news, the he should have thought before making the decision to drive under the influence. Tiger has not been a very good role model over the past several years...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How do I lose credibility for the fact that I dealt with the same type of issue? If anything, I have credibility because I went thru it (minus the DUI). I know that I had God watching out for me because I made a bad decision several times and never caused an accident or got pulled over. Anyway, I can assure you that if anyone out there didn't "choose" the spotlight it would definitely be him. The guy hates interviews, hates being in the public eye, and the "fame" or "celebrity" status is just a by product of his success as a professional athlete. Bobby Jones dealt with the same issues and hated the spotlight too.

I'm in no way making excuses for Tiger Woods, but please don't stand on a soap box and don't throw stones. We all make poor decisions, use fowl language, and look down on those who do.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had TW money you'd _never_ catch me behind the wheel of a car. Live it up all you want but piloting a 4000 pound sled full of gasoline under the influence of anything is unacceptable, period.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Tiger just released statement bad mix of pain killers, no alcohol.

Yay Tiger!

Yea very odd, but I've read and heard before that he would have a tendency to take more than he should with other meds when younger

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I am a bit unsure how to respond to the amount of negative conversations. I thought this site was above that. It's easy to point fingers and judge others. It's much harder to look past that and realize, despite his money and Fame he is still just a person. People fail, that's the down side of being human. Wish him well, ignore him, but keep the taring apart of this site.

planet earth

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I am a bit unsure how to respond to the amount of negative conversations. I thought this site was above that. It's easy to point fingers and judge others. It's much harder to look past that and realize, despite his money and Fame he is still just a person. People fail, that's the down side of being human. Wish him well, ignore him, but keep the taring apart of this site.

planet earth

Actually the comments in this thread have been pretty tame compared to comments on other sites. But anything Tiger related is going to draw comments from both sides of the camp.

It's funny when I first joined the site almost a year ago, I went through and read a lot of old threads. The biggest I found on Tiger was largely uneventful. Not a lot of spite and hateful comments.

I attribute that to the quality of members here and the moderator staff for keeping a pretty high standard of conduct on the site.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Tiger just released statement bad mix of pain killers, no alcohol.

Yay Tiger!

The real concern with this is he only just released a statement about how pain free he was after his most recent surgery. Hopefully it's not a symptom of a bigger issue.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Do we know if he was cited for drinking as opposed to being under the influence of whatever meds he was on?

This may sound incredulous to some, but this has no impact on how I view Tiger. Everyone has their issues. Ask DJ and countless others about theirs.

I don't see this as another notch to support he's on a downward spiral. Whatever he was suspected of being under the influence, he made a bad choice to drive and yeah that's not ideal. But it's not enough for me to get on the self righteous train and start preaching.

I'm with this guy.

I also disagree with Chisag slightly. I agree that it takes a unique person to be with the best but not all bests have been as obsessive as Tiger. Jack lived a fairly balanced life. Joe Montana seems somewhat balanced. Willie Mays often played stick ball with kids. Bill Russell didn't engage in bizarre behavior.

But for everyone of them there are lots of Babe Ruths.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I guess I am jaded and readily admit to a less-than-ideal childhood.  But I still cannot understand anyone drinking and driving.  

November 1, 1991, I was a senior in high school and my brother was a 6th grader.  We were awakened early that morning by our mother for no apparent reason, nor was she giving one.  I had been responsible for getting myself and my brother prepared for school for a number of years at this point.  My mom worked two, sometimes three jobs in order to provide some semblance of a home for my brother and I.  She was long gone for work by the time we were to get up and get ready  for school.  Our dad had not been a part of our lives for as long as I could remember.  This particular morning was an anomaly.

Our cousin picked us up a half-an-hour after our early awakening.  We drove the hour or so to the nearest trauma center to my home town without a clue as to why or where we were going.  When we arrived, our grandmother met us at the door and said "boys, its not a pretty sight.  Prepare yourselves".  

The night before, Halloween night, my father and his older brother had been "partying".  Attempting to go to the home of an infamous local woman who would provide whatever service men were willing to pay for, my dad crashed.  My dad and his brother were tossed around my dad's 1984 Ford Econoline conversion van like a pinball.  My dad suffered 37 broken bones, two collapsed lungs, a ruptured spleen and severe kidney damage.  Nineteen of the broken bones were from the neck up!  Even though we didn't bury him until March 22, 2004, my dad, for all intents and purposes, died that night.  He had a dozen surgeries over the next two years, mostly to reconstruct his face, which had gone through the steering wheel, literally.

He never recovered from the massive damage to his brain and internal organs.  The farthest he got from home over the next dozen years was to walk to the mail box, which was a difficult task for him.

His blood alcohol content, when taken several hours after the crash at the trauma center was .28!

I will say again, there is never an excuse to drink and drive!

I think we all agree that drunk driving is a terrible and selfish act and those effected by the actions of drunk drivers are innocent victims.

That being said we all need to take a step back on the alcohol lecturing unless the police discredit Woods and say alcohol was involved.

DUI can be caused by anything from prescription mess, alcohol and even over the counter meds.

I think we all agree that drunk driving is a terrible and selfish act and those effected by the actions of drunk drivers are innocent victims.

That being said we all need to take a step back on the alcohol lecturing unless the police discredit Woods and say alcohol was involved.

DUI can be caused by anything from prescription mess, alcohol and even over the counter meds.

I'm not attempting to lecture anyone and didn't intend for my post to read that way, if it does.  It's just a very sensitive topic for me.  My wife and I often see people while out to dinner have a number of drinks and drive home.  The issue isn't taken seriously enough in this country.  If you're drinking anything, don't drive!  

Tiger is a 41 year old father of two.  What example is he setting for his children at 3am, regardless of intoxicant?

I'm not attempting to lecture anyone and didn't intend for my post to read that way, if it does.  It's just a very sensitive topic for me.  My wife and I often see people while out to dinner have a number of drinks and drive home.  The issue isn't taken seriously enough in this country.  If you're drinking anything, don't drive!  

Tiger is a 41 year old father of two.  What example is he setting for his children at 3am, regardless of intoxicant?

I agree on your point about drunk driving not being taken seriously enough.

My remark was more centered on those lecturing about what happened with Tiger.  Was he groggy from the meds?  Did he feel fine before he got behind the wheel and then the meds unexpectedly caused a side effect while he was driving?

Again, there is no excuse for him to get behind the wheel in a compromised state, but there are some important details missing that we need before we can go on crucifying him

Also he was cooperative with police and blew zeros at the police station. Looks like it was a bad mix of pain meds, which in some cases might be worse.

But for once it looks like his statement he released was the truth 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Also he was cooperative with police and blew zeros at the police station. Looks like it was a bad mix of pain meds, which in some cases might be worse.

But for once it looks like his statement he released was the truth 

Was it the truth or was it spin in an attempt to get ahead of a possible prescription medication addiction?  It isn't at all unfair to suspect that possibility given his state of mind when police arrived.  It's very difficult for me to buy the fact this was an accidental mixture of medications or adverse reaction.  

Nothing more than my opinion.  Time will tell.

Was it the truth or was it spin in an attempt to get ahead of a possible prescription medication addiction? It isn't at all unfair to suspect that possibility given his state of mind when police arrived. It's very difficult for me to buy the fact this was an accidental mixture of medications or adverse reaction.

Nothing more than my opinion. Time will tell.

Are you a pharmacist? Because if not then you have no idea how a certain combination of drugs may or may not affect someone.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Are you a pharmacist? Because if not then you have no idea how a certain combination of drugs may or may not affect someone.

My father-in-law has been a pharmacist since 1964.  This has been a topic of conversation between him, my brother and I all day.  

Was it the truth or was it spin in an attempt to get ahead of a possible prescription medication addiction?  It isn't at all unfair to suspect that possibility given his state of mind when police arrived.  It's very difficult for me to buy the fact this was an accidental mixture of medications or adverse reaction.  

Nothing more than my opinion.  Time will tell.

I have no idea. It seems it can go two ways.

1. It was a bad mixture 

2. There is a bigger issue

I have no way of knowing

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I have no idea. It seems it can go two ways.

1. It was a bad mixture 

2. There is a bigger issue

I have no way of knowing

I agree!  It's hard to know exactly what happened and I have no factual insight either way.  Just offering my opinion based on lengthy conversations with my father-in-law and brother.  Both of whom have extensive educational and vocational experience dealing with abuse of prescription medications.  

Based on those conversations, I find it hard to believe this was something other than abuse.  As I said earlier, my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.  Time will tell.

Driven, successful people find a way to own their mistakes and grow from them. Hopefully, that's what happens here.

--WITB--

Ping i15 Driver 9.5° Stiff

Ping i25 Fairway 15° Stiff

Kasco k2k 44 Utility 19° Stiff

Kasco k2k 55 Utility 22° Stiff

Miura CB-501 Irons 5-9 KBS Tour Stiff

Scratch 8620 d/d grind PW 47°

Scratch 8620 d/d grind GW 53°

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 SW 58° 2 dot

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 LW 60° 1 dot

Never Compromise Putter Sub 30 Type-50

Snell MTB

UPDATE------

According to an incident report, Tiger Woods' 2015 Mercedes had: "fresh damage to the vehicle. Both driver's side tires were flat along with minor damage to both respective rims. There was also minor damage to the front driver's side bumper and rear bumper, and the passenger rear tail light appeared to be out."

Dash cam footage and audio are expected to be released Wednesday afternoon.

Regardless of what he was under the influence of, he operated a vehicle under that influence, there are penalties for that. he may or may not be charged with something, we may or may not agree with it, but that doesn't change the fact that he operated a vehicle under the influence of something. I hope this was just a mistake on his part, or doctors part for getting some Medications mixed that shouldn't be mixed. What scares me the most is that I have a young driver in my home, at this point she won't be out that late or out that early if you will, but there may be a time that she is out at that time, it scares me to death that someone could be on the road driving under the influence and hit her or hurt her because that person made a bad choice. There are millions of documented bad choices like this, when do we as a society get tired of this. How many more millions of cases will it take for grown men and women to realize that driving while under the influence is selfish, and can only cause harm. Take the responsibility before you go out and have a "few", and set up some transportation.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I am not a pharmacist but I do hang around hospitals, a lot, and I'm educated enough to understand what they are saying much of the time.

I also have a child that is going through a remarkable medical event. Under normal circumstances she has an IQ a bit north of 140 and right now she is intellectually comparable to my 4 year old grandson. While they may have discovered the cause one of the possibilities was her prescription med. It's no where near as potent as Tiger's and she is most certainly not addicted to it. She went to bed fine and was completely altered when she woke up 4 hours later. A med, even one that is taken for several years, may build up in the blood stream until there's a toxic level and then wham. He may also have accidentally taken too large a dose or the wrong combination of stuff.

Don't discount the possibility that he went to bed okay and woke up in an altered state that caused him to get behind the wheel of his car and drive because he thought it was the middle of the day and had to be somewhere.

I will wait for the facts to come in on this one, if ever we will actually see them. Perhaps it's none of our business.

Oh and if you wonder why Tiger gets some much play in the Golf Channel consider this thread. He moves the needle- still.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Unless our borders have changed this is still the USA and you are innocent until proven guilty. I have always been a fan of Tiger's skills but never a fan of his off the course. However he has made mistakes in his personal life and suffered the consequences he deserved. Leave the guy alone until the facts are out instead of speculation.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-dui-arrest-florida-lawyers-outline-possible-directions-the-state-can-take-the-case-in-court

Interesting article on this. I find it odd that Ambien isnt a substance that would cause a DUI. Also noted that if he refused the urine test he'd have been alright

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

My hope is that Tiger has learned a lesson regarding the use of his prescription drugs.   It would be tragic if he were to end up like Michael Jackson and Elvis.   Perhaps, this incident may have saved his life.

I will never understand why these millionaires don't just hire a driver or something I mean plenty of people would jump at the chance to drive him around

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Archived