BREAKING NEWS! TW arrested for DWI

Our Sponsors

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not a pharmacist but I do hang around hospitals, a lot, and I'm educated enough to understand what they are saying much of the time.   I also have a child that is going through a remarkable med

Hopefully it's not an indication of a larger problem and was just a blip on the radar   I guarantee that almost anyone who drinks could be pulled over for a dui at some point.   But it being Tig

How do I lose credibility for the fact that I dealt with the same type of issue? If anything, I have credibility because I went thru it (minus the DUI). I know that I had God watching out for me bec

Posted Images

This is all he needs now.

I am sure he will get it down, with a good lawyer.

:cobra-small: Driver F9    
:cobra-small: 3 wood                

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 6i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50* 54* 56*                                                     

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 Chalk

:taylormade-small: TP5 

Not good.

wptv-tiger-wood-mugshot_1496072316915_60340617_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hopefully it's not an indication of a larger problem and was just a blip on the radar

I guarantee that almost anyone who drinks could be pulled over for a dui at some point.

But it being Tiger, I'm sure this will elicit some great hot takes

• Like 7

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Hopefully it's not an indication of a larger problem and was just a blip on the radar

I guarantee that almost anyone who drinks could be pulled over for a dui at some point.

Yep GolfChannel and Golf.Com both have the mug shot posted on IG and over 300 replies between the two sites.  I'm not even going to read them as you indicated, I'm sure 90% of them will be generic hate postings about Tiger.   

Never a good thing to drink and drive, and as you said, there are many of us who could or may have been in the same situation after a few or several drinks in years past, I know I might have, but fortunately I got wiser and have made better choices the older I got. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Theres no excuse for this - I can understand the "its your body do what you want with it" argument.  But Driving under the influence is putting others lifes at risk.

Not cool.

• Like 2

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!

Bit of a disappointment and reckless. all that recent PR work down the drain

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I am sorry but I have to defend Tiger Woods here a bit. I can take this viewpoint because I have been sober for just over 5 years and regularly used to drink and drive. When someone has certain characteristics of thinking they are untouchable in a way it is easy to just get in the car. Please understand that most people have gotten in the car and drove after consuming alcohol (if you've never drank or always had your spouse with you then I guess good for you).

Judge lest ye be judged. I would have probably completely spiraled at this point if I had to live through the challenges he has publicly the last several years. The fact that this is on the news is only because he has been a public figure, it is really unfair that it became public because he is just a regular man struggling with some personal issues right now.

I can understand people would say it endangers others or he should have had someone drive for him. But we weren't there and weren't in that situation. Please give him some Grace. It is not our place to judge but to pray that he gets help to get back on track permanently.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

• Like 6

Yeah I read a small article that said this would tarnish his rep. Come on. I know it's only cuz he's a celeb, but it's just a dui. I know it's a bad thing, but it's a way more common thing than people will admit. For every one that gets pulled over there are probably 10 who don't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah I read a small article that said this would tarnish his rep. Come on. I know it's only cuz he's a celeb, but it's just a dui. I know it's a bad thing, but it's a way more common thing than people will admit. For every one that gets pulled over there are probably 10 who don't.

His reputation is already completely destroyed. This is only going to make it worse. And to top off being arrested, that mug shot is terrible!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I am sorry but I have to defend Tiger Woods here a bit. I can take this viewpoint because I have been sober for just over 5 years and regularly used to drink and drive. When someone has certain characteristics of thinking they are untouchable in a way it is easy to just get in the car. Please understand that most people have gotten in the car and drove after consuming alcohol (if you've never drank or always had your spouse with you then I guess good for you).

Judge lest ye be judged. I would have probably completely spiraled at this point if I had to live through the challenges he has publicly the last several years. The fact that this is on the news is only because he has been a public figure, it is really unfair that it became public because he is just a regular man struggling with some personal issues right now.

I can understand people would say it endangers others or he should have had someone drive for him. But we weren't there and weren't in that situation. Please give him some Grace. It is not our place to judge but to pray that he gets help to get back on track permanently.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Unfortunately, burkmi08242012, you lose all credibility, since you used to regularly drink and drive. What Tiger did was illegal, and there is no excuse for that.

Tiger wanted to be in the spotlight, and he made it there. He should know that being in the spotlight requires you to use good judgment, make good decisions, and ultimately set a good example, because people are always going to be watching your actions. If he didn't want this incident to be in the news, the he should have thought before making the decision to drive under the influence. Tiger has not been a very good role model over the past several years...

• Like 1

His reputation is already completely destroyed. This is only going to make it worse. And to top off being arrested, that mug shot is terrible!

True, but my point is, if anyone here, all good people, told us they got a dui. It would ruin there rep like it does someone like Tiger.

I could be pulled over after every league night. Anyone that even has a beer or two with a meal at a restaurant could get a DUI. I'm certainly not an advocate of drunk driving, but the circumstances that one could be arrested for are a little ridiculous at times.

• Like 1

I could be pulled over after every league night. Anyone that even has a beer or two with a meal at a restaurant could get a DUI. I'm certainly not an advocate of drunk driving, but the circumstances that one could be arrested for are a little ridiculous at times.

Do we know how serious the DUI was? I didn't see anything in the article I read...

Do we know how serious the DUI was? I didn't see anything in the article I read...

stop being a "goody""golden boy".Everyone makes a mistake.This is just a flicker compared to what happens to NFL players.And don't say "well, golf is a gentlemans sport nonsense either ".Its a mistake, it happens.This where social media stinks
  • Like 2

Keep it in the short stuff

From what I have read, he was arrested for refusing to take a breathalyzer, which is an immediate DUI arrest in the state of Florida. Nonetheless, he was still under the influence of alcohol.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

From what I have read, he was arrested for refusing to take a breathalyzer, which is an immediate DUI arrest in the state of Florida. Nonetheless, he was still under the influence of alcohol.

Really? It would have been much better for him to just take the breathalyzer and move on...

Really? It would have been much better for him to just take the breathalyzer and move on...

Yeah. Apparently he was being arrogant with the officers as well.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

All that, ie. what everyone said, but c'mon - the guy can't afford a driver, or an Uber or a taxi?????? Or use a Bridgestone courtesy car or a TM company car or a TW Foundation limo or __??????

Possibly what others are in part saying, is it's another big disappointment he has not learned from past mistakes.

On top of that, even if not convicted he may have put himself at risk for losing his visitation rights with his kids........

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator