Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cally/Taylor Price shift

Super Tuna

Afternoon,

Perhaps this should be linked to the main blog post, but it didn't occur to me before now what insane price shifts Callaway/Taylormade is going through lately. A good example would be the Cally FT Drive and the TM R9 driver. Both were $450 CAD not 3 month ago while the hype was high, now the FT is down to $200 and the R9 is $250. Golftown can't kick these things off their shelves fast enough for their liking even at the reduced prices. Odd nes pas?

Now granted, like many cost concious golfers I enjoy a good sale as much as the next guy (when will the S2's go on sale...) but I feel bad for the retailers who have to put up with this product cycle/the staff who have to know their product inside and out and can never get settled.

Sometimes golf is an odd, odd industry

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Where's the price drop in this? Looks to me like they're starting thier clubs at a higher price point and dropping them at the same intervals as before, and by the same amounts, so still, throughout the sales cycle they're charging more for thier clubs. A $300 new driver is now $450, it used to be $199 in 6 months, now its $299 "on sale" which is what they used to cost when released.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Where's the price drop in this? Looks to me like they're starting thier clubs at a higher price point and dropping them at the same intervals as before, and by the same amounts, so still, throughout the sales cycle they're charging more for thier clubs. A $300 new driver is now $450, it used to be $199 in 6 months, now its $299 "on sale" which is what they used to cost when released.

Marketing strategy at its finest.

Maybe it's different for you since you're in the US, but I've never seen the price of a club drop off by 40 to 50% within 3 month's of it's released until the past 18 months. Very much a new experience for me/us.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived