TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf balls

deykers

I am a huge fan of the Titleist Velocity.  For my SS and age, it helps me to get it out there a little further and still pretty good around the greens.  Less side spin too for straighter drives.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Currently play Chrome Soft as well, but I'm always wanting to try new balls. I'd like to hit some Snells, Kirklands, Volviks, really about anything I haven't yet played. I have an abundance of Chrome Softs, I may do some swapping to try other balls out.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I am liking the TP5, it's getting better as it warms up this year.

The Qstar tour has peaked my attention also.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

TP5 is preforming amazing for me this far this year, certainly best ball Taylormades ever come up with

Sent from my XT830C using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping g400 lst 10* w/Oban kiyoshi gold 65s

Titleist 915f 16.5* w/Aldia rogue max 75s

Cobra King UT 18* w/Kbs C-taper lite 110s

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ Accra 95s proto

Titleist sm6 50*,54*,58* w/Dynamic gold s200

Evnroll Er2 35in w/superstroke flatso 1.0

Ive been playing PRoVX. But I've tried the TP5 and really liked it a lot. also just picked up some Z Star from the rep and will try the QStar again.

Have tested the e6 as well.

Lots of good balls out there.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I still have a couple of dozen Ksigs, but if they aren't going to be available on a regular basis then I will go back to the Snell MTB.  I've been playing my wife's Srixon Z-Stars getting ready for a Chapman tournament next month, and I could also play them.  I've tried many others and basically have no interest in any other ball at this time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Snell MTB, Taylormade Tour Preferred or Project A for me.  Chrome Soft is nice, but the logo is too big.  I have problems, I know...

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

ProV1 still, but bridgestone makes some great balls, the Velocity is good too, and I am pleasantly surprised by the Q star. Haven't liked a Callaway ball since the HX56.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm on my run of Bridgestone B330-RX's, but have a few boxes of prov1s and Z*Stars too. I don't think I'll be buying anymore boxes this year or next year, but the last time I said that I developed a hitch in my swing and went through quite a few..

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Using B330S right now. Seems to be a match, was using Pro V1's before that. The B330S is for me right in the middle of the V1 & V1x. Just a perfect combo. Soft off the face, firm enough not to feel like a marshmallow, and just the right amount of Wedge spin. Oh, and they rocket off the driver face a fairly long way.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Using B330S right now. Seems to be a match, was using Pro V1's before that. The B330S is for me right in the middle of the V1 & V1x. Just a perfect combo. Soft off the face, firm enough not to feel like a marshmallow, and just the right amount of Wedge spin. Oh, and they rocket off the driver face a fairly long way.

If you like the B330s you will love the Snell MTB.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm on the Pro VIx train. I had pro shop credit and got in on the buy 3, get 4 deal. All number 8's with my Rev Kev personalization on them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... Always interesting to see the different premium balls people prefer. Truth is I could play with almost any urethane covered ball and not notice too much, if any difference after the first few holes. The exceptions are the low compression balls like RXs and Duo Urethane. That said, of course I have my favorites too:

1. 2017 Z Star

2. TP5x

3. ProV1x

4. Vice Pro Plus

5. Kirkland Signature

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... Always interesting to see the different premium balls people prefer. Truth is I could play with almost any urethane covered ball and not notice too much, if any difference after the first few holes. The exceptions are the low compression balls like RXs and Duo Urethane. That said, of course I have my favorites too:

1. 2017 Z Star

2. TP5x

3. ProV1x

4. Vice Pro Plus

5. Kirkland Signature

Are these in the order of preference? Also, what differences can you feel with the RXs and Duos? Just wondering.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

1. 2017 Z Star

2. TP5x

3. ProV1x

4. Vice Pro Plus

5. Kirkland Signature

Agreed - not that these are my favorites in order but give me the x version of anyone's urethane line and I'm good to go after a few holes. Some launch a little higher, some spin a tad more around the greens or feel softer or firmer but it doesn't take long to adjust. I play the one that I get the deal on or in the case of now that my pro shop has available at a reasonable (under 40) price.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I am willing to play most any manufacturers top tier ball and really don't notice that much of a difference. I prefer the lower spin models from the line since I like my wedges to stay close to where it lands

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm rotating between the NXT Tours and ProV1's. To me, the NXT doesn't spin as much but I seem to putt better with the pro v for whatever reason.

I played a few Kirklands and like them. They felt a tad harder than what I'm used to but felt great off my irons. Felt similar to the B330 RX's to me.

Now I may delve into Srixon balls but need to figure out which one to start with.

I

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Are these in the order of preference? Also, what differences can you feel with the RXs and Duos? Just wondering.

MDGolfHacker

... Yup, personal preference. Mostly due to feel and time spent with each. The RXs/Duo do not spin enough on a aggressive green side chips/pitches for me. I use my 60* for almost every shot and depend on max spin.  Had a shot yesterday to a pin just in front of a ridge and rolling a little past the hole would catch the slope and probably roll out another 15 feet. Par 5 and I was just off the front of the green with a slight uphill lie and was able to throw it a foot short of the hole and have it slam on the breaks leaving me a tap in for birdie. Playing a 2017 Srixon Z Star and no way I could pull that off with the Duo/RXs. I would just be guessing at how far they would roll out.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Like chisag... I like a urethane cover a ball first and foremost. I don't play anywhere near as accurately as chisag. However, I use either my 56* or 60* almost exclusively around the green. There was a time a few years ago when I was playing the Bridgestone E5. It was the only E-series ball with a urethane cover. I liked it a lot. I think it's been discontinued.

Lately I've been playing:

Snell

Ksig

PV1

MG Tour C4

and a last year TM tour model

I need some more Chrome Soft. Love them.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

1. 2017 Z Star

2. TP5x

3. ProV1x

4. Vice Pro Plus

5. Kirkland Signature

I was talking with my pro about this and hes a said something similar. They are all so close in technology us hacks won't notice too much a difference. The firmer balls (B330) go slightly further, the softer balls (ProV, Callaway) are slightly better around the green. There is always preference though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

... Yup, personal preference. Mostly due to feel and time spent with each. The RXs/Duo do not spin enough on a aggressive green side chips/pitches for me. I use my 60* for almost every shot and depend on max spin. Had a shot yesterday to a pin just in front of a ridge and rolling a little past the hole would catch the slope and probably roll out another 15 feet. Par 5 and I was just off the front of the green with a slight uphill lie and was able to throw it a foot short of the hole and have it slam on the breaks leaving me a tap in for birdie. Playing a 2017 Srixon Z Star and no way I could pull that off with the Duo/RXs. I would just be guessing at how far they would roll out.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I'm searching for a new ball as I slowly run out of Nike RZN Blacks. I know I can buy more, but eventually the well is going to dry up. Anyone else like these previously? What do you game now? I'm considering trying the Bridgestone B330-S when I get low on my current stock and that buy 2 get 1 free promo is running.

I tried a sleeve of Vice Pro and they were really nice on/around the green, but as someone else described another ball, felt like a marshmallow otherwise.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

This year I've played a number of different balls, I guess I would say I'm searching for the right blend of "eat, EAT, come on and stop already!" and "go dang it! I swear I hit it further than that". So far I've played the ProV1 and ProV1x, the Volvik S3 and Vivid, the Bridgestone B330-S and E6, and the Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft x.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the workability of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft x balls. It's true they are softer then baby poop but the get decent distance and stop fairly well.

If you just want to hit for distance and want it to go straight the Volvik brand balls are for you. The Vivid in particular has zero green side spin and sounds like you're hitting a rock, but man do they go straight.

I'm not going to lie, I hate the Bridgestone balls. I don't know if it's the dimples or what, but I can't play these balls.

Finally there's old reliable, the ProV1 balls. I think I was hitting balls from a couple years ago because I was extremely disappointed in their durability. seriously, my ProVs and x's wouldn't last a full day. But like always, they fly long and stop well.

None of these balls are perfect, but until I find that "holy grail" ball that "eats" and "goes" I guess I'll have to keep looking.

Maybe Ill try Snell or Vice or maybe even Cut golf balls. If anything they'll look cool in my bar.

This year I've played a number of different balls, I guess I would say I'm searching for the right blend of "eat, EAT, come on and stop already!" and "go dang it! I swear I hit it further than that". So far I've played the ProV1 and ProV1x, the Volvik S3 and Vivid, the Bridgestone B330-S and E6, and the Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft x.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the workability of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft x balls. It's true they are softer then baby poop but the get decent distance and stop fairly well.

If you just want to hit for distance and want it to go straight the Volvik brand balls are for you. The Vivid in particular has zero green side spin and sounds like you're hitting a rock, but man do they go straight.

I'm not going to lie, I hate the Bridgestone balls. I don't know if it's the dimples or what, but I can't play these balls.

Finally there's old reliable, the ProV1 balls. I think I was hitting balls from a couple years ago because I was extremely disappointed in their durability. seriously, my ProVs and x's wouldn't last a full day. But like always, they fly long and stop well.

None of these balls are perfect, but until I find that "holy grail" ball that "eats" and "goes" I guess I'll have to keep looking.

Maybe Ill try Snell or Vice or maybe even Cut golf balls. If anything they'll look cool in my bar.

Agree with you about Bridgestone.  I've been reading for years how the e6 is such a great ball.  Every time I give it another shot, I hate it even more.  I'm keeping my mind open about  the B330, however.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Agree with you about Bridgestone. I've been reading for years how the e6 is such a great ball. Every time I give it another shot, I hate it even more. I'm keeping my mind open about the B330, however.

I "was" maybe still "am" a diehard Pro V1 player. Tried the Wilson FG Tour. Great ball, just a little too powder puffy after I got some rounds in. It performs awesome. Went back to the Pro V1 for a week or so, bought some B330S... they are a perfect ball for me, they are amazing!! (Thanks jlukes)

- Alan

Archived