TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cleveland-Srixon #FitLikeAPro: 6 Month Report

The Dansome

These numbers might sound forum exaggerated to y'all, but I've played with both these guys.

At the TaylorMade Kingdom they had to move Bones back to the "Sergio tees" because they ran out of room on the range and at La Costca range they asked him to stop hitting drivers period as they were all going over the back net.

On the 5th hole in Huntington Beach I hit a great drive, maybe 280ish and KC proceeds to fly that by like 20 yards...

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You boys are all monsters! Hahaha

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These numbers might sound forum exaggerated to y'all, but I've played with both these guys.

At the TaylorMade Kingdom they had to move Bones back to the "Sergio tees" because they ran out of room on the range and at La Costca range they asked him to stop hitting drivers period as they were all going over the back net.

On the 5th hole in Huntington Beach I hit a great drive, maybe 280ish and KC proceeds to fly that by like 20 yards...

I followed the Event, so I know the numbers KC was getting and I follow him on IG and have seen some of his postings,so there is no doubt he moves it out there.    I haven't seen too much of  Bone's data, but having them move you back to the Tour tees ( and I have been to the Kingdom, so I know that is not your typical muni style range you are speaking of) is just stupid long. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Excuse me, sir, those were the DJ tees. Sergio ain't got nothing on me.....except a green jacket.....and a few Tour wins......and fame and fortune.

The range at LaCosta was funny though...."excuse me, whoever is hitting driver over the net, please stop, the balls are going in the road".

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• SPY VIP

Excuse me, sir, those were the DJ tees. Sergio ain't got nothing on me.....except a green jacket.....and a few Tour wins......and fame and fortune.

The range at LaCosta was funny though...."excuse me, whoever is hitting driver over the net, please stop, the balls are going in the road".

And about the La Costa range. I'l never forget the day after the fittings and I couldn't hit that driver to save my life, so I try Will's and Theoo's and I start piping theirs into the net lol

NOT a great driver fitting lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

I followed the Event, so I know the numbers KC was getting and I follow him on IG and have seen some of his postings,so there is no doubt he moves it out there.    I haven't seen too much of  Bone's data, but having them move you back to the Tour tees ( and I have been to the Kingdom, so I know that is not your typical muni style range you are speaking of) is just stupid long. 

It was nuts. I'd gotten to know Bones well on the forums (thank you distinguished gentlemen thread) and a little on Facebook, but you still have that "is this guy for real" in the back of your head. Then you meet him and he's like 5 feet tall so you think "ya right, no f@*ken way this guy hits it 3 bills" lol

So we go to the Kingdom, all the hype, and Bones addresses his first warmup. Back bushes... OK then, this guys for real lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

It was nuts. I'd gotten to know Bones well on the forums (thank you distinguished gentlemen thread) and a little on Facebook, but you still have that "is this guy for real" in the back of your head. Then you meet him and he's like 5 feet tall so you think "ya right, no f@*ken way this guy hits it 3 bills" lol

So we go to the Kingdom, all the hype, and Bones addresses his first warmup. Back bushes... OK then, this guys for real lol

I'm 5'8", damnit. Lol

I'm 5'8", damnit. Lol

We haven't met, but reading that and hearing the above stories from MBP...I'm pretty sure I'll hate you when i do meet you...HA ;)

Not usually the company I think of when I think about to equipment but a great read and definitely gives me something to think about

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Not usually the company I think of when I think about to equipment but a great read and definitely gives me something to think about

If you ever have a chance to get a place in your area that has the 565/765 irons or driver, you really should give them a try.   

I'm 5'8", damnit. Lol

Lol on your best days

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That was a fun week. Even after I hurt my wrist and couldn't swing 100%

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

He's definitely for real. Too bad he got beat by a short knocker

#IStillOwnYou

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Thanks for the follow up, great read. Srixon/Cleveland is making some good looking and sounds like good performing stuff right now and their price on their putters is a steal! I love the line that I should pick one up even if I don't need it. You have me convinced, just not sure that my wife would be convinced by that logic, lol.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Excellent report MBP, you're artistry is fantastico! I have been researching the 565 irons ever since you foursome were given a chance of a lifetime to be fit like pro's and #journeytobetter. Just saving up enough to get fit with some 565's and thinking Recoils or Aerotech graphite shafts. Just curious as to how does the driver sounds like, does it have it's own unique sound or it is close to a ping, tm, callaway...

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• SPY VIP

Excellent report MBP, you're artistry is fantastico! I have been researching the 565 irons ever since you foursome were given a chance of a lifetime to be fit like pro's and #journeytobetter. Just saving up enough to get fit with some 565's and thinking Recoils or Aerotech graphite shafts. Just curious as to how does the driver sounds like, does it have it's own unique sound or it is close to a ping, tm, callaway...

I'll try and capture a video this week

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Putter - bought one of the TFI putters kinda 'on a lark' (and on a big sale) to try it out, and - yes! - nice soft feel off the face .. if you like that kinda thing ;) .. and really good distance control.

So, yeah, worth a look!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Can say for sure he was standing tall and no slouching the whole trip then.

We can not lol

We can not lol

He wasn't slouching when he held that pose, watching his ball fly 50 yards past any of mine....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• SPY VIP

We can not lol

He wasn't slouching when he held that pose, watching his ball fly 50 yards past any of mine....

That's it, time for us to all meet up in Cali again. I hear we know people in Huntington Beach, I'll give em a shout.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Srixon woods will be in the bag next year. Need to hit that driver a few times before I buy it.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I'll chime in on the sound. I played my first 18 holes with today and alternated between three different balls. ProVX, Z Star and Q Star Tour.

I think the sound is actually closest to the 917D driver. I also have that driver. And if memory serves me correct a little like one of my old TM drivers either the R9 or Burner. I know thats a wide ramge of drivers but the 917 was the first that cams to mind. Definitely not like any of the recent Callaway's.

Thanks so much.

That Q Star Tour really is a sneaky good ball, you've inspired me to play it Saturday.

Hope you won't be sorry!! Good luck!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I think your previous view of Cleveland/Srixon other than wedges was not too far off base. Remember my original long post in this thread, I was a huge Cleveland supporter, with some of their product form the 2003 to 2005 era. Then I think as driver technology started to evovle...see TaylorMade with the moveable weights, they kinda fell behind the curve for a while.

All I can say is anyone considering a driver, needs to give this Z565 a look, and forget what they think they know or don't know about previous Srixon/Cleveland offerings. It will be hard to beat when put head to head with any others, and right now that include my 917D3.

Absolutely. I haven't heard a bad thing about the 65 series... And I've looked around. Srixon has definitely burst onto the scene for anyone that had the same view as I did up until recently

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is awesome MBP! Great insight into each item and written well. Since I'm a wait till next year buyer all these things will be on my testing list for the next 2 years as I test to potentially buy.

Question.

For future, is there any other information maybe I didn't describe about product you'd like to see mentioned?

More cowbell

Question.

For future, is there any other information maybe I didn't describe about product you'd like to see mentioned?

Maybe Dave's take on the 6 month review...

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived