Cleveland-Srixon #FitLikeAPro: 6 Month Report

Our Sponsors

I don't know where you get all this cash $$$ from to keep buying clubs!  I need your job apparently.  HA!

In reality. I've only bought one set of irons and thst was only (6-P) and one Driver this year ............so far

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cleveland Srixon #FitLikeAPro: 6 Month Report   My journey to better began last November during the MyGolfSpy #FitLikeaPro Cleveland/Srixon experience at their headquarters in Huntington Beach, Cali

Excuse me, sir, those were the DJ tees. Sergio ain't got nothing on me.....except a green jacket.....and a few Tour wins......and fame and fortune.   The range at LaCosta was funny though...."excus

Ok, sorry to say that I went back to my fitter at lunch today with every intention of buying the Z565, but...... I noticed they just got the new Ping G400 drivers in and couldn't resist trying them ou

Posted Images

2 changes to the bag since this was posted

PING G30 has replaced the driver

The Huntington Beach putter is in play

That is all

You'll need to go back to get the new srixon stuff

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

You'll need to go back to get the new srixon stuff

Don't encourage him, I believe first borns are already being promised to see who the Staff representative will be  :D

• Like 1

Did they talk at all about the advantages/disadvantages about using the 765 approach wedge versus using the RTX wedge?  I have the 545 set and I added the 565 approach when the line came out since they didn't offer it in the 545's.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading the first part about the trip to California and the fitting. I really enjoyed reading all the experiences very much. Thanks guys. As I started reading,a thought popped into my head - what happens if someone is at one of these fittings and isn't impressed or does not want the clubs or feels the new clubs are not as good as his set Maybe a question for MGS - has this happend? And of course,what do the say in the workforce this would be " a career killer"

Again it was a great read and enjoyed reading this 6 month follow up. A real commitment to go,to test,and to evaluate. Thanks all

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Also by the way,someone posted a pic of a Srixon bag with a red MGS bag tag. That is nice.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I was reading the first part about the trip to California and the fitting. I really enjoyed reading all the experiences very much. Thanks guys. As I started reading,a thought popped into my head - what happens if someone is at one of these fittings and isn't impressed or does not want the clubs or feels the new clubs are not as good as his set Maybe a question for MGS - has this happend? And of course,what do the say in the workforce this would be " a career killer"

Again it was a great read and enjoyed reading this 6 month follow up. A real commitment to go,to test,and to evaluate. Thanks all

We encourage all reviewers to be honest in their review of the equipment.

A couple things about this. The attendees knew what irons this trip was for and what choices were in play. So if they had any doubt or hesitation about the commitment to giving them a fair trial, I'm sure they would have passed.

Take GS_meyer for example. He's a 2 index, and he was wide open minded about getting fit for these. And has recently said, it's going to take something special to get them out of his bag.

If they had not worked for him, I have no doubt he would have given a detailed review about why they didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

We encourage all reviewers to be honest in their review of the equipment.

A couple things about this. The attendees knew what irons this trip was for and what choices were in play. So if they had any doubt or hesitation about the commitment to giving them a fair trial, I'm sure they would have passed.

Take GS_meyer for example. He's a 2 index, and he was wide open minded about getting fit for these. And has recently said, it's going to take something special to get them out of his bag.

If they had not worked for him, I have no doubt he would have given a detailed review about why they didn't.

...and if you ever are selected to do any testing for MGS and don't really like the product or it doesn't work for you there are ways (many, just ask!) to pass it along to someone else at MGS who might be a better fit for it.

Yes, it/they (whatever it is) are yours to keep and do what you'd like but the hope is you continue using it/them and post periodic updates for everyone in the community.  :)

• Like 3

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

...and if you ever are selected to do any testing for MGS and don't really like the product or it doesn't work for you there are ways (many, just ask!) to pass it along to someone else at MGS who might be a better fit for it.

Yes, it/they (whatever it is) are yours to keep and do what you'd like but the hope is you continue using it/them and post periodic updates for everyone in the community. :)

Absolutely correct and I'm a great example of that. After connecting with the mods after my review period was up I was able to send the clubs to another MGS member who was looking for that exact set. It's a perfect way to keep the reviews going AND get perspective from more golfers at the same time. Win-win.

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

• 7 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 12:26 PM, GolfSpy MBP said:

2 changes to the bag since this was posted

PING G30 has replaced the driver
The Huntington Beach putter is in play

That is all

@GolfSpy MBP Curious if you moved on to the new new (785 irons) Just went 585 785 combo set with modus 3 105 x. Did you try out the 105x by any chance?

Really awesome write-up!  What is the background story on the custom bag and color matching MGS bag tag?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• SPY VIP
On 3/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, Justinkstep said:

@GolfSpy MBP Curious if you moved on to the new new (785 irons) Just went 585 785 combo set with modus 3 105 x. Did you try out the 105x by any chance?

Same irons and wedges in the bag atm, I'm actually playing around with the idea of starting the year with my Tmag Tour Preferred's for the hell of it. 

• Like 1

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

• SPY VIP
On 3/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Really awesome write-up!  What is the background story on the custom bag and color matching MGS bag tag?

That's just the stock white Srixon and by fluke Canada MGS badge and bag tag matched perfectly.

• Like 1

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg