Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Podcasts?

ngsimon09

On 4/28/2020 at 2:07 AM, ElChapo305 said:

Golf Science Lab with Cordie Walker: Best for players interested in the subject of improving  their games via training, science, psychology and learning how to practice. The quality of the guests and teaching advice on this podcast is second to none. You can scroll through the library and I am sure you will find some episodes that appeal to you.  His youtube channel is awesome as well. 

NoPutts given: Is equal parts entertaining and informative. I think in the last few episodes the team has been gelling better and the banter is enjoyable. Also they discus MGS testings and tests.

GolfWRX: some good episodes but also many that are not of interest. Johnny Wunder needs to take some classes on interviewing.

TXG Podcast: Ian Fraser....enough said. Brlliant youtube channel on fitting and equipment.

I am more interested in playing, equipment and getting better, don't care as much what happening on the Tour.

I love podcasts and lately, in addition to podcasts that are related to golf, I increasingly listen to educational podcasts that help me learn. It is very important when you have difficulties learning something new in order to form the skills to correct the situation and improve understanding of the matter.

Edited by Marcus Evans

I'll listen to Get a Grip with Max Homa and Shane Bacon.  Some of the content is completely random, but I like hearing a pro's perspective on how courses play, the approach to the week's tourney, etc.  

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

1 hour ago, Gatorbob said:

I'll listen to Get a Grip with Max Homa and Shane Bacon.  Some of the content is completely random, but I like hearing a pro's perspective on how courses play, the approach to the week's tourney, etc.  

Max's perspective is extremely interesting.  Shane Bacon's perspective on the broadcast side of things from someone who plays to a +2 is appreciated as well.  Get a Grip has quickly become my favorite of the weekly rotation.  

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

Max's perspective is extremely interesting.  Shane Bacon's perspective on the broadcast side of things from someone who plays to a +2 is appreciated as well.  Get a Grip has quickly become my favorite of the weekly rotation.  

Well. Looks like I have a new podcast to go subscribe to.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 8 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, Kevin Kikkert said:

@juspoole

I agree! Chasing Scratch is one of the most entertaining podcasts I have ever listened to. Mike and Eli are HILARIOUS!!! I am one episode behind on Season 3 and almost died from laughter at Mike's version of "Hallelujah."

A friend and I who are big fans of "the pod" went down to Raleigh for the listener's par 3 event and had a blast. We didn't play well, but got paired with Eli and had some great conversations.

I also listen to all of the NPG podcast powered by My Golf Spy and really enjoy the insight and information that is provided. Always good for a laugh and update of the golfing world.

Kudos to you, Kevin... and as always, kudos to craigers.

I'm a big chasing scratch fan (it's gotten a little weird... I was watching the Kiawah live cam in a chat room with some other guys... we briefly discussed whether or not we had crossed a line...) They just speak to my struggles to actually improve at golf. Hack it Out Golf is a great podcast, and Get a Grip is great as well... They both have some amazing episodes that dig into the mental aspect of golf and some stuff I'm actively working on (mostly keeping focused on the GOOD stuff and letting go of the bad stuff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqWKswJ1T8

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, russtopherb said:

Well. Looks like I have a new podcast to go subscribe to.

If you never got into this, listen to the episode after his win at Riviera... it was really interesting to hear him talk about all aspects of his win, but especially the mental stuff and surrounding himself by people who supported him. It's a great look into the mind of a "mid tier" professional golfer... I really like Max (other than the Dodger fan part) and it was awesome to hear him discuss everything he's been working on and how important this win was to him.

I think, more than anything, he does a great job of humanizing golfers while also acknowledging the amount of privilege they have... He's happy to talk about the highs and the lows and is willing to criticize the PGA objectively. It's just a great podcast.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Of course No Putts Given is a must.  tony was hilarious on this week--You hve to see it on YouTube though, as it was a visual, that won't be noticed on just the sttraight pod.

I know it's a nother site, but Brian Knudson's Club Junkies on WRX is pretty good, very natural down to earth approach, and tries a lot of the same stuff i do.

on the advice of @Motocaddy Prez I listened to Rick Shiels podcast the other night tor the first time...I enjoyed it and will listen again. I haven't watched much of his own course stuff, as I did when he did actual club reviews from the hitting bay.  Motocaddy is a sponsor of his podcast, and Rick and his co host did a great job on that. 

Those are the main ones I have time for, there are some ohters I'd like to fit in like Chasing Scratch and No Laying Up.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Those are the main ones I have time for, there are some ohters I'd like to fit in like Chasing Scratch

Chasing scratch is completely different than the others... I’m still shocked at how good the audio quality is... listen to the first episode and if it’s not your cup of tea, they don’t change a ton.

they just got done playing the ocean course from the pro tees... this season should be fun... or maybe they jump the shark and I stop listening!

Sub70 5i - DG S400

I listen to what seems to be a bit different than most here. These are my main podcasts:

18 Strong
Pro Fit Golf
Fitness For the Fairways
The Mental Golf Show
Golf Smarter

As you can see I’m interested in the fitness and mental side of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 3 months later...

Hello fellow MGSers! I am curious about golf podcasts. Which are the best? Funniest? Best guests? Most informative? With podcasts being this century’s talk radio, I have truly turned into my father. News radio 950 in Detroit was my commuter entertainment as a child. Now all I listen to is podcasts. I figured since golf has taken over every other aspect of my life, which not while I drive a car, exercise, clean the house, mow the lawn, etc.!? 

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

42 minutes ago, GIRplus3Putt said:

Hello fellow MGSers! I am curious about golf podcasts. Which are the best? Funniest? Best guests? Most informative? With podcasts being this century’s talk radio, I have truly turned into my father. News radio 950 in Detroit was my commuter entertainment as a child. Now all I listen to is podcasts. I figured since golf has taken over every other aspect of my life, which not while I drive a car, exercise, clean the house, mow the lawn, etc.!? 

Personally I'm a fan of 3 podcasts.

No Putts Given: I love the information the folks at HQ provide when it comes to equipment whether it's clubs, gear, or the ball test. I think they give an unbiased, data driven view on all the equipment we use to play this game.

Chasing Scratch: Two guys trying to reach scratch in a year. Now in the fourth year. They are funny, relatable, and just a good listen.

The Sweet Spot: John Sherman and Adam Young talk about playing better golf. They discuss a wide variety of topics including winter practice, wedge play, face control, etc... They also dive into the mental game and strategy.

Those are what I'd recommend and I'm looking forward to hearing other people's responses, as I'm caught up on these and really need something else to listen to, music just doesn't do it anymore while I'm driving to and from work. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Personally I'm a fan of 3 podcasts.

No Putts Given: I love the information the folks at HQ provide when it comes to equipment whether it's clubs, gear, or the ball test. I think they give an unbiased, data driven view on all the equipment we use to play this game.

Chasing Scratch: Two guys trying to reach scratch in a year. Now in the fourth year. They are funny, relatable, and just a good listen.

The Sweet Spot: John Sherman and Adam Young talk about playing better golf. They discuss a wide variety of topics including winter practice, wedge play, face control, etc... They also dive into the mental game and strategy.

Those are what I'd recommend and I'm looking forward to hearing other people's responses, as I'm caught up on these and really need something else to listen to, music just doesn't do it anymore while I'm driving to and from work. 

Dude that’s perfect! Thank you for the recommendations. I am all caught up on my favorite podcasts, so this is perfect. I am a big fan of Your Moms House (all of their different shows) and Joe Rogan. Rogan less lately, but YMH brings the heat! I am excited to give all of these a try. I appreciate it. Love the username by the way. 

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

3 minutes ago, GIRplus3Putt said:

Dude that’s perfect! Thank you for the recommendations. I am all caught up on my favorite podcasts, so this is perfect. I am a big fan of Your Moms House (all of their different shows) and Joe Rogan. Rogan less lately, but YMH brings the heat! I am excited to give all of these a try. I appreciate it. Love the username by the way. 

You're welcome! I really hope you enjoy them. 

Get A Grip with Shane Bacon and Max Homa is a decent listen as well.

6 hours ago, GIRplus3Putt said:

I've merged your podcast thread in with a previous one. If you look at the above you'll find all sorts of good recommendations. For my own choice I follow in the the NLU line of podcasts. Whether it is their Crash Course, Trapdraw or their main one along with The Golfers Journal as I am a subscriber to their content those are the golfing ones I listen to weekly. I'll also give the TXG crew a listen, but honestly haven't fallen in love with theirs yet. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:16 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Chasing Scratch: Two guys trying to reach scratch in a year. Now in the fourth year. They are funny, relatable, and just a good 

One of my friends sent me a text to listen to this one, I'm finding it hilarious. I'm only a handful of episodes in, but really enjoying it. Very entertaining.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

10 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

One of my friends sent me a text to listen to this one, I'm finding it hilarious. I'm only a handful of episodes in, but really enjoying it. Very entertaining.

I've tried that show a few times and I just can't get into it. I don't find the hosts to be relatable or very funny. Folks seem to like it, so I guess it's just me.

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I've tried that show a few times and I just can't get into it. I don't find the hosts to be relatable or very funny. Folks seem to like it, so I guess it's just me.

You are very allowed to like or dislike it 😃 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Just now, Thin2win said:

You are very allowed to like or dislike it 😃 

Indeed. There is a plethora of podcasts out there for golfers, so there's definitely something for everyone. 

On 8/9/2021 at 3:16 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Second this one. Since I started listening my game has taken off. I appreciate the game more too. Relatable and super helpful 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

25 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Indeed. There is a plethora of podcasts out there for golfers, so there's definitely something for everyone. 

for example, i just can't get into "No laying up". And that is another highly popular one.

WITB: