Ok, so last year I had a pretty damn good swing mapped out for myself. It was about a 3/4 or felt like it anyways. This year I tried to lengthen my swing a little more towards the F... well today at the range I went through the entire bag at the range going about as F of a swing as I can manage. They were going everywhere except where I wanted them to. I dug back in my noggin and remembered, hey short backswing dummy!

So I'm back at the 3/4 swing it feels really short, but they are actually going farther and online. It's about Jon Rahms swing length, or at least I feel that's how I look. Obviously no where near as powerful as that beast of a man, but I think it was swingjunkie that told me to go about 3/4. He was right! I knew it all along from last year. I hate the long lay off, I forget how to play!

- Alan

• Like 5

Ok, so last year I had a pretty damn good swing mapped out for myself. It was about a 3/4 or felt like it anyways. This year I tried to lengthen my swing a little more towards the F... well today at the range I went through the entire bag at the range going about as F of a swing as I can manage. They were going everywhere except where I wanted them to. I dug back in my noggin and remembered, hey short backswing dummy!

So I'm back at the 3/4 swing it feels really short, but they are actually going farther and online. It's about Jon Rahms swing length, or at least I feel that's how I look. Obviously no where near as powerful as that beast of a man, but I think it was swingjunkie that told me to go about 3/4. He was right! I knew it all along from last year. I hate the long lay off, I forget how to play!

- Alan

You won't have to worry about that in a few years [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

I find I hit 3/4 swings farther than my full swing and better contact. The reason is that I turn my shoulders so much on a full swing that I lose the lag in my right wrist and tend to flip a bit. Shorter swings keep me so much more tight and I compress the ball way better

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

You won't have to worry about that in a few years [emoji6].

Already have 2 herniated discs... I am well on my way to being in a wheel chair in 20 years if I don't slow down. [emoji846] better be able to carry my sticks. I will wheel my ass around the course!

- Alan

• Like 1

My swing thought at the top is when the wrist hinges at the top the swing is over. In my mind the club is vertical. In reality it's fully back and parallel

• Like 1

<p>Knoxville, TN 4 Hdcp Ping G30 9deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Nike Vapor rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, 60 TM spider with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Already have 2 herniated discs... I am well on my way to being in a wheel chair in 20 years if I don't slow down. [emoji846] better be able to carry my sticks. I will wheel my ass around the course!

- Alan

You'll find a way to keep playing.  My orthopedic surgeon told me after my third knee surgery I would be lucky if I could play nine holes.  I guess I showed him. My problem being after the third surgery my right leg was shortened by two inches.  This causes a bit of a balance problem to say the least.  Hell I can still shoot in the low eighties with an occasional high seventy round.  It's all good!

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

If your takeaway is technically good then really as soon as your left shoulder hits your chin your done. That's a three quarter take away. Some of the longest hitters in the game have a three quarter backswing. Tiger (circa 2000), JB Holmes, Gary Woodland, Sergio Garcia.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

• Like 2

If your takeaway is technically good then really as soon as your left shoulder hits your chin your done. That's a three quarter take away. Some of the longest hitters in the game have a three quarter backswing. Tiger (circa 2000), JB Holmes, Gary Woodland, Sergio Garcia.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Shoulder to chin that's been me forever, till I decided to get flexible.

- Alan

I have to stop when I feel the club is pointing at the sky. It feels like that, but in reality it's closer to parallel.

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

My backswing is super long. People are telling me that I need to shorten it up in order to gain more distance. I think, in the long run, you're better off with that 3/4 swing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I think I expended a ton of energy trying to transition from a full swing to the 3/4 area and just ran out of gas at the low point. Not anymore!

I feel like I can swing harder with a 3/4 swing because my timing doesn't have to be as good on my transition and I get more distance. I'm hitting the ball great with the 3/4 mindset.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Also, watch this video: 

. It's crazy to see how much further he hits it when he feels like he's only swinging a 3/4 backswing.
  • Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Usually, your swing is longer than it feels. I was the same way. When recording my swing, when I feel like I'm 3/4, I'm my club actually gets parallel. Try recording your swing. It probably just feels 3/4, but is full swing when actually hitting the ball. Besides, distance is never about the length of your swing(though it could help). It's about launch angle and ball speed off the club face.

How are those i200s treating you? Just received mine last night. Excited to get out there try out these bad boys

• Like 2

Usually, your swing is longer than it feels. I was the same way. When recording my swing, when I feel like I'm 3/4, I'm my club actually gets parallel. Try recording your swing. It probably just feels 3/4, but is full swing when actually hitting the ball. Besides, distance is never about the length of your swing(though it could help). It's about launch angle and ball speed off the club face.

How are those i200s treating you? Just received mine last night. Excited to get out there try out these bad boys

+1 I've done this an totally agree..

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Stay tuned for opsimpson, mdumble21, dang3rtown, and my review. All I can say is that the i200's ___ ____ ____!! Fill in the blanks with whatever you think should go there!! [emoji846]check out my "official trailer" too if you are getting antsy.

- Alan