Also, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OciF7zhBh8 . It's crazy to see how much further he hits it when he feels like he's only swinging a 3/4 backswing.

I like this video [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

I would strongly recommend lessons. Often times feel and reality don't match. Your pro however will be able to identify when your swing is long enough.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Length of the backswing is a personal thing to me. Look at Jon Rahm and how small his is and compare it to Phil Mickelson and his past parallel swing. Lots of different ways to get to the same impact position.

• Like 4

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

No lessons for me. Nothing is broken, so I ain't Fixin' it. [emoji16]

With all due respect if nothing is broken why did you start a thread about the length of your back swing in which you stated you think it was shorter before?

This could be blasphemous but I do think there are guys who should stay away from lessons. If you have a caddy shack swing that works it's best not to touch it unless you are willing to undergo a total over haul. I wouldn't because I'm not planning to play on tour but occasionally I want that other set of eyes to check my basics, grip, stance, alignment, etc.

The only way to know if you are doing what you think you are doing is through another set of eyes on your swing. A good teacher is not going to mess with you too much unless you ask him to.

What feels like three quarters to you may not be. Getting a video lesson will let you know. We can't tell you because we aren't seeing your swing and even if we could most of us aren't teaching pros.

Good luck with it.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I've always been a rather short backswing player. Even when younger. And that normally only applies to the driver and a long iron. Now that Rohm is on the scene I get called Rohm all the time. Don't get me wrong... I wish I had a long flowing swing like Adam Scott for example. But I don't. Heck, a lot of people I play with think they have a have a full backswing but they don't. However... I can play a decent game most days. So, I have no interest in trying to change it. Besides and IMO there is a lot less to go wrong the shorter the swing is. Providing you can still generate enough power to the ball. I do normally manage to keep the ball in the fairway it seems more than many of my contemporaries.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

With all due respect if nothing is broken why did you start a thread about the length of your back swing in which you stated you think it was shorter before?

This could be blasphemous but I do think there are guys who should stay away from lessons. If you have a caddy shack swing that works it's best not to touch it unless you are willing to undergo a total over haul. I wouldn't because I'm not planning to play on tour but occasionally I want that other set of eyes to check my basics, grip, stance, alignment, etc.

The only way to know if you are doing what you think you are doing is through another set of eyes on your swing. A good teacher is not going to mess with you too much unless you ask him to.

What feels like three quarters to you may not be. Getting a video lesson will let you know. We can't tell you because we aren't seeing your swing and even if we could most of us aren't teaching pros.

Good luck with it.

I hear what your saying Rev, I video my range sessions and take notes on what I was doing. And when I compare the differences between a "full" swing and a "3/4" swing and I get better distance, dispersion, and better control over the shot shape with what feels like a shorter swing. It really isn't much shorter, and I get a better turn. And don't feel like I am "forgetting" something. Maybe shorter is the wrong word, simpler might be better. [emoji846]

- Alan

Have to agree. My old swing was so long hands were past my head and whilst not John Daly esq it was out of control. Have shortened to what feels like 3/4 but is in fact a full swing but the results are increased distance, better accuracy and improved consistency. Trouble is convincing myself to shorten when you want to hit a big one

• Like 1

Generally speaking your swing is better when it matches your body type. My swing is never going to look like Weiskopf or his clone Adam Scott.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Ok, so last year I had a pretty damn good swing mapped out for myself. It was about a 3/4 or felt like it anyways. This year I tried to lengthen my swing a little more towards the F... well today at the range I went through the entire bag at the range going about as F of a swing as I can manage. They were going everywhere except where I wanted them to. I dug back in my noggin and remembered, hey short backswing dummy!

So I'm back at the 3/4 swing it feels really short, but they are actually going farther and online. It's about Jon Rahms swing length, or at least I feel that's how I look. Obviously no where near as powerful as that beast of a man, but I think it was swingjunkie that told me to go about 3/4. He was right! I knew it all along from last year. I hate the long lay off, I forget how to play!

- Alan

Al, check this video out from the '97 Masters. In my opinion this was Tiger's best swing from a power standpoint because of how well he used his lower body and separated his upper. But notice particularly with driver how he is at 3/4 rotation perfectly. Hitting it 300 yards with an older Cobra driver and steel shaft.

https://youtu.be/Xq_5IXxrKjw

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Oh man! Thanks Burk! Too bad the announcer didn't know what he was witnessing. That's about my backswing length, the 6 iron. I remember watching this at the clubhouse while I was doing dishes or something. Too bad they "Tiger Proofed" Augusta.

I've always been a rather short backswing player. Even when younger. And that normally only applies to the driver and a long iron. Now that Rohm is on the scene I get called Rohm all the time. Don't get me wrong... I wish I had a long flowing swing like Adam Scott for example. But I don't. Heck, a lot of people I play with think they have a have a full backswing but they don't. However... I can play a decent game most days. So, I have no interest in trying to change it. Besides and IMO there is a lot less to go wrong the shorter the swing is. Providing you can still generate enough power to the ball. I do normally manage to keep the ball in the fairway it seems more than many of my contemporaries.

What's wrong with Rahm? He's playing super good right now, and he can crush it. It's perfectly fine to have a short backswing. You get so much more control that way!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x