Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Short par 4 is crap!

Brjpool

So today I received an email from short part 4 I had been billed for an order. What? I had paused my membership a couple months ago. Apparently they have a three months pause policy where after three months without your knowledge or letting you know they activate your account and bill you again. Talked to "customer service" and basically was given the bullshit runaround. Will never buy anything from them again!!!! Horrible customer service as really not that great apparel either. A complaint is being filled with the BBB. How about a courtesy email like a really company you douchebags. I guess they need those kind of crappy policies to boost sales. A complaint has been filled in this issue with the BBB

Ping G20 driver through wedges

Bombtech blade putter

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

You're not the only one who has issues with them.  I had to change my CC number (reported it lost) to get them to stop billing me after I cancelled 3 times.

Also the stuff they sent, only 2 shirts were worth wearing, the rest didnt fit well. They sent me 2 of the same exact shirt

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

never used them, from what I understand, they used to be great, but then started going downhill and using their own 'house brand' apparel

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

This kind of "boxed" boutique clothes stuff has never appealed to me so therefore never tried it. And personally I've never seen anything outfits like this offer that I'd wear. As you guys might have already assumed.... I'm not a hipster. Just a guy that loves playing golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The 2 orders I received from then were great! I got very nice red pants and a puma pullover, then got white and red Callaway shoes. However, I did stop because the customer service sucked and I started to hear the Boxes weren't going to continue being as good as my 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cobra FLy-Z, X-Stiff

TaylorMade R11 3-Wood

Tour Exotics 3-Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro Forged Irons

Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Wedges

Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40 Putter

• 1 year later...

I have to agree that SP4 is crap.  When I first started with them, I was impressed with my first two boxes.  But then I started getting generic Short Par 4 products... not the name brand products that advertise.   Still, I stayed on because the Short Par 4 items weren't half bad in terms of quality.  But the number of SP4 products to Name Brand items I kept getting was definitely not balanced.

In addition to that, I started getting delivered the wrong sizes... almost half the time something in the box was not the size in my profile. I had to return the item and the waived the $12.95 "restocking fee" and I tried to order the right size... but they didn't have it.. So I had to by something from their store (and I didn't find their selection all that big).

Finally, just a few days ago, I received Puma shoes.. the right size but apparently they ran small because I barely could get them on and once I did, they were suffocating my feet.  Either mis-marked shoes or Puma shoes run small.  So I tried to return as Ive done before but THIS TIME no waiving of the restocking fee.  Why? Because it was the correct size based on my profile.

This was my chief concern when I first signed up for ShortPar4 (or any other clothing box service).  In a store, I can pick out what I want and try items on first and even if I buy them, I still have time to return them (with the receipt), no questions asked.  Even Amazon lets you return items without "restocking fees". But here?  I don't know what Im getting and apparently if you just don't like something or it doesn't fit (despite being the correct size) you have to pay $12.95 to return. That's BS.

Their argument?  In order to keep costs low so they can offer you the boxes, they need to charge $12.95 to defray costs.  In other words, that "restocking fee" is going to pay for the costs they have pay to be able to afford to send you that occasional Nike designer shirt or pullover.  

Im done with them. Returning this last item (since I already paid for the box) and then Im cancelling.  DO NOT recommend.  Buy your clothes in a store or from Amazon or some online golf retailer.   This is not worth your aggravation.

Glad I never subscribed to this one.  Looks nice in the ad, but from the sounds of things, not so much.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Archived